PDA

View Full Version : Summer fishing cold lake?

Mike_W
06-04-2012, 04:16 PM
Hey there I have fished cold lake now both in the summer and in the winter.

Last summer I had good luck fishing a standard west coast salmon rig (Anchovie in a teaser head trolled behind a flasher) and this winter I had good luck jigging 1 oz tube jigs.

What is your preffered/reccomended strategy in the summer? If we find some good schooled up fish while trolling would it be wise to tie up a tube jig and try jigging a few?

Any other summer fishing tips?

Please feel free to reply direct or through PM

Thanks,
Mike

Mike_W
06-12-2012, 10:42 PM
Bump

fishman
06-12-2012, 10:51 PM
I flyfish and I have found them schooled in 80 feet of water so I tied my mankind line on to my type 6 sinking and let out enough line just free falling with a weighted minnow pattern on and started jogging and caught fish it was on a diffrent lake but same affect as dropping a jig down and jogging is how they use to do it before downriggers ....give we a shot

BuckHunterBowen
06-13-2012, 07:59 AM
Cut baits work real good with a slow spin

Teamprotz
06-13-2012, 09:40 AM
Do whatever you feel like. If you're on fish , jig them. I prefer it that way , more fun , more sporting.

kingshow
06-13-2012, 10:50 AM
My favorite way to take lakers is downrigging large spoons mostly classic patterns 5 of diamonds and white fish. my target depth depends on the temp but i always like to find 100 feet or so and stack two lines 80 and 60ft. sometimes you will get a miss hit on one and then hook up on the second line. Once we find some fish though my wife likes to jig (cause the boat is the one that catches the fish trolling acording to her). So usually large 1oz plus bucktails and tube jigs are the standard on cold lake tipped with baitfish do the trick. Lots of guys early in the season will have succsess flat lining large spoons even over deep water. I have flat lined and had a line on the downrigger and deep has always been the better for me. But I think its all a confidence thing.