PDA

View Full Version : Where to camp at Turtle lake sk?

Ken07AOVette
06-04-2012, 07:15 PM
The phone # listed for the campground is now a residential number, does anyone have any info on booking or reservations there?

desiel
06-05-2012, 02:12 PM
pm sent

maverick
06-05-2012, 02:48 PM
You will be increasing your gopher count from 100 going there, I had a girlfriend whose parents had a place on Turtle Lake and I must of ran over nearly 500 of them before I got there. Her mustang was running so hot from gopher on the rad it almost overheated. Not the greatest smell but I got pretty good at poping them by the time I got there. The lake isn't bad for trolling pike they hit pretty regularly not much for size though our biggest would of been 2.5 to 3lbs using five of diamonds or red and white. Didn't bother trying a rapala because we had consistent action on the spoons.

Ken07AOVette
06-05-2012, 03:14 PM
Thanks Maverick.

I am hoping to target Walleye, have caught 1 (one uno single) in my life.

Eleventy bazillion pike, don't care for them much anymore.

pophouseman
06-05-2012, 03:17 PM
Thanks Maverick.

I am hoping to target Walleye, have caught 1 (one uno single) in my life.

Eleventy bazillion pike, don't care for them much anymore.

Troll indian point with a bottom bouncer with a spinner or a double tailed jig tipped with a minnow

benamen
06-05-2012, 03:41 PM
Indian Point is a good place to go. Largest walleye I have gotten out of there is 30". The winds come out of the north a lot of time so the best luck I ever had was drifting with the wind across the point in 12-14 ft of water. Was out there one year with my brother in law. He was catching them and I was not and we were using the same gear. Turns out he was leaving his jig on the lake bottom while I was doing the jigging and reeling. Sloooow waaaaay doooown when fishing for walleye.

maverick
06-05-2012, 03:58 PM
Can't help you with Turtle Lake walleye, I was fishing with a non-fishing girl friend. It was more about frequency then quality if you know what I mean. To many things she'd rather do then fish so I had to keep her busy or fishing time was over. Good luck seemed like a good lake to fish especially if you had the time to do it right.