PDA

View Full Version : sibbald pond fishing help :)

camogirl
06-04-2012, 10:22 PM
Hey there !

So as a newby , I was able to catch some pike yesterday !

Headed down to sibbald pond to try for something new !
That was an epic FAIL!
Didn't catch a darn thing , the 2 guys next to me had a net full of fish and told me to use power bait without lures !

Is this correct ... Any tips or hints ? That would be appreciated.

Thanks yall :)
Shan.

marlin1
06-04-2012, 10:59 PM
used to work for us , or power eggs

Calgaryguy1977
06-05-2012, 09:48 AM
The normal baits work....worms, powerbait, spinners etc.
The better non common baits imo are velveeta cheese and shrimp

Or you could just do it the fun way and get a fly rod and likely outfish everyone....lol. Not always the case but I always catch more on a fly rod. In fact, I wont even go back to bait or spinner fishing now.

quiteeye
06-05-2012, 10:40 AM
I'm with Calgaryguy I've fished for 18 years now which to some doesn't mean much but when your only 21 you learn more about fish everyday. From my past experiences growing up throwing panther martins and bang tails to fishing pic rigs with marshmallows. I started getting hard into fishing flies. Un real the difference in quality and quantity of fish. The thrill is indescribably increadable. I actually just picked up another fly rod for my future wife who equally enjoys the outdoors as much as me. She joins me on all my camping adventures, duck hunting, deer hunting, ice fishing everything. I'm so excited to see her face when she gets into a +20" rainbow this weekend. If funds are tight and your unable to spring for a new rod. Try using small nymphs with a split shot under a slip bobber. Try bead head hares ear, or bead head anything really. Start with a collecting of 10-20 flies and you have no problem landed a couple maybe even a real trophy!

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/s720x720/560467_10151660138090154_1291921865_n.jpg

kinwahkly
06-05-2012, 01:13 PM
I was there last week, after about 30 minutes with the fly rod i tied on a small size 16 black chronamid and it was one after another, smaller always seems to help when thing slow down for me.

camogirl
06-05-2012, 05:10 PM
Yep ! I'm 21 and its defintiyl hard for me to learn , almost on my won now !
Gets frusturating ! Thanks to this site I'm trying to learn more.
Yikes just wanna catch some fish !
Maybe ill try out glenmore res for practise

crosman177
06-05-2012, 05:17 PM
glenmore is fun and easy to get too, my fav spot.:sHa_shakeshout:

Dust1n
06-05-2012, 05:34 PM
Throat pumps are a handy tool to carry around with you so you can see exactly what the fish are eating and try and match your presentation as best you can to the natural.

camogirl
06-05-2012, 06:15 PM
glenmore is fun and easy to get too, my fav spot.:sHa_shakeshout:

Been once ! No luck. That was lastyear hahah , I'm gonna try again and hopefully have luck ! :)

Buck Krazy
06-05-2012, 07:12 PM
bobber, worm 4 feet under, dont forget to use a hook.

chriscosta
06-05-2012, 07:32 PM
:sHa_shakeshout:honestly an egg hook and a couple mags and two split shots two feet under any bobber adjust the height to get the right depth
or a gold mepps and half a dew worm for trout of all kinds

camogirl
06-06-2012, 04:53 PM
bobber, worm 4 feet under, dont forget to use a hook.

Thank u for reminding me to use a hook , I wondered why my bait wouldn't stay on hahah :p jk

Thanks buck krazy

camogirl
06-06-2012, 04:54 PM
:sHa_shakeshout:honestly an egg hook and a couple mags and two split shots two feet under any bobber adjust the height to get the right depth
or a gold mepps and half a dew worm for trout of all kinds

Ahhh this is like spanish to me ! So much learning ! Split shots :s hhmm

camogirl
06-06-2012, 05:17 PM
Well if u guys see a girl allll alone fishing and tangling her line that will be me .. Ill be practising at glenmore res ( when I'm able too cuz apparantly its closed for recreatinal fun due to floods ) hahah and spruce meadows .. Gotta practise somehow haha

chubbdarter
06-06-2012, 05:25 PM
your in cowtown....stop at the Fishin Hole...see kelly, he will get you on the right track

the local angler
06-06-2012, 09:47 PM
just got back and the forecast calling for thundershowers but instead got just rain and pelted with friggen hail for 6hours. bring rubber boots its muddy as hell and also gloves cause it gets kinda nippy.

camogirl
06-06-2012, 10:42 PM
just got back and the forecast calling for thundershowers but instead got just rain and pelted with friggen hail for 6hours. bring rubber boots its muddy as hell and also gloves cause it gets kinda nippy.

Where was this ? Glenmore ? Lol. I got gloves ... No rubber boats tho haha

the local angler
06-06-2012, 10:55 PM
no i was at sibbald pond. i had the full rain suit and all but forgot the boots so feet were cold and soaking wet.

camogirl
06-06-2012, 11:13 PM
Haha ya I bet eh ! It was nice there the other day tho ! Awesome weather oh well :)