PDA

View Full Version : Need help deciding on a net...

DiabeticKripple
06-04-2012, 10:39 PM
so with my recent luck at fishing the bow, i have come to realize that i really need a net! trying to grab a wet, slimy fish, hold it while its squirming without holding it, and getting the fly out is quite the task.

so i was thinking on getting either the brodin ghost tailwater or ghost gallatin. im leaning more towards the tailwater since it is bigger, and will hold the fish better than the gallatin. I read some reviews on the gallatin and some people have said they have had fish wiggle out of the net cause its a little small.

suggestions?

bisonhunter
06-05-2012, 07:43 AM
I really recommend this one from Leckie's net and twine.

http://i382.photobucket.com/albums/oo264/robthefisher/PICT0266.jpg

It really seems to get them out of the water in the safest manner.

http://i382.photobucket.com/albums/oo264/robthefisher/PICT0269.jpg

......I apologize,I just couldn't resist.

Good luck with your new net.

jacenbeers
06-05-2012, 08:28 AM
Get a net that is made of rubber rather than another more coarse material. The hook does not get tangled in rubber nets and it is much safer for the fish when you are catching and releasing.

ÜberFly
06-05-2012, 08:32 AM
I think the Brodin Ghost's come in a model with a larger net bag, just buy the larger one!

Problem solved

P

P.S. Make sure you print your name and phone number somewhere on the net, just in case you lose it, you have a better chance getting it back!!

Walleye101
06-05-2012, 08:46 AM
Cabelas sells some nice Frabil nets.

DiabeticKripple
06-05-2012, 09:10 AM
Cabelas sells some nice Frabil nets.

BeeGuy has a frabil and he said it fell apart after a few trips

DiabeticKripple
06-05-2012, 09:11 AM
I think the Brodin Ghost's come in a model with a larger net bag, just buy the larger one!

Problem solved

P

P.S. Make sure you print your name and phone number somewhere on the net, just in case you lose it, you have a better chance getting it back!!

The tailwater holds fish up to 28" and the gallatin up to 18". The hoop is only 20" long on the gallatin so I'll probably get the tailwater

Daceminnow
06-06-2012, 08:46 PM
The tailwater holds fish up to 28" and the gallatin up to 18". The hoop is only 20" long on the gallatin so I'll probably get the tailwater

go see the fine folks at fishtales. they handle brodin ghosts.

Dace

BeeGuy
06-06-2012, 11:42 PM
BeeGuy has a frabil and he said it fell apart after a few trips

Pretty sure it's the Frabil. It's the one they have at Bass Pro.

What a piece of junk.

You can definitely get 24-30"+ fish in it though. So long as they dont roll its OK-ish:scared:

DiabeticKripple
06-07-2012, 12:02 AM
go see the fine folks at fishtales. they handle brodin ghosts.

Dace

I already ordered one from eBay.

Country Pleasures does Brodin too, but they only have the smaller net.