PDA

View Full Version : Traverse tourney SAWT

rielbowhunter
06-05-2012, 08:49 PM
So who going? I can't wait. I love fishing this lake for three days. Lots of big fish will be caught, I hope one or two bye me. he he.
Best of luck to all competitors!
I hope to see some of you out there. :sHa_shakeshout:

chubbdarter
06-06-2012, 02:46 PM
Best of luck to SAWT and all its Competitors.

p.s. i bet on a different team for this tourney

gramps73
06-06-2012, 05:08 PM
Slippers will not like hearing that....

Drop_Tine
06-06-2012, 07:16 PM
I will be there !! Cant wait ... Come over and say hi !!

Drop_Tine
06-06-2012, 07:19 PM

Who is it ?? Ill tell you if your gonna double your money !!

If they aint riding in a 1900 blue lund pro V ... Sorry but looks like your in trouble ... Lol

chubbdarter
06-06-2012, 09:13 PM

If they aint riding in a 1900 blue lund pro V ... Sorry but looks like your in trouble ... Lol

team cresty said never bet on a lund

gramps73
06-06-2012, 09:17 PM

They only way that team has a chance is if Kelly got a new partner...

gramps73
06-06-2012, 09:19 PM

Anther great quote from the master himself...
Wish you were fishing buddy, if not doing nothing Friday come on down and have some fun...

whitetail Junkie
06-06-2012, 09:19 PM

Id be betting on team Npauls....I think he lives on that lake in his boat:)

Mind u team phonebook stacks,aka blue pro v lund has a fighting chance!

Good luck anglers!

whitetail Junkie
06-06-2012, 09:20 PM
They only way that team has a chance is if Kelly got a new partner...

:lol:

icefever
06-06-2012, 09:22 PM
Look forward to meeting some members there. This is my first SAWT, looking forward to it, hope the weather the last 2 days doesn't reck the water. Drop by and say high. Will be camping in a 27.5' older Rustler Trailer driving an older dodge ram 2500 white. Good Luck everyone

chubbdarter
06-06-2012, 09:24 PM
Anther great quote from the master himself...
Wish you were fishing buddy, if not doing nothing Friday come on down and have some fun...

funny you should say that......my buddy just called and said the sucker traps are full

rielbowhunter
06-06-2012, 11:18 PM
The more the merry'er !
Hey Gramps73 ! Is it a full house? or is there a couple of spots left?

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
06-07-2012, 03:47 PM

Good luck anglers!

x 2 I hope they do well , if anything its not for lack of effort .

Drop_Tine
06-07-2012, 05:24 PM

Ok ok ... I will be quite about this ... (whisper) crestliner is made by lund !!! :)

Yup good luck boys !!

bobalong
06-07-2012, 08:07 PM
Ok ok ... I will be quite about this ... (whisper) crestliner is made by lund !!! :)

Yup good luck boys !!

Crestliner is not built by Lund, they are just owned by the same company (Brunswick Corp) which also owns Lowe I believe.

Drop_Tine
06-07-2012, 08:59 PM
Crestliner is not built by Lund, they are just owned by the same company (Brunswick Corp) which also owns Lowe I believe.

All you crestliner guys are the same!! " in denile" ... Lol ... Just getting a few of you guys going , all in fun !!:shark:

chubbdarter
06-08-2012, 05:39 PM

Good luck anglers!

You could be right about Npauls

Him and BBJ had 300 fish days with up to 50 keepers a day there already this year.....this maybe like taking candy from a baby for Npauls

PROSTAFFER BLOGS

« Back to PROSTAFFER BLOGS« Older Entry | Newer Entry »

Fishing the Opening week Travers Reservoir

Posted on June 8, 2012 at 5:25 PM

So I loaded up my new boat , headed down to Lethbridge Alberta , where I meet up with fellow Prostaffer Nathan Pauls . We meet up the Wednesday night I arrived in Lethbridge , planned our trip for the next morning .

Nathan and I arrived at 10:00 am to Travers , got the boat ready to launch , got it in the water and we were fishing . We tried several different techniques . We then moved to the Spillway at Travers , and we anchored , and started jigging , and running Lindy rigs and walleye spinners , in the current . Than switching up to other things threw out the day .

Within Meir minutes we had fish on . Several fish caught that day , with 25 to 30 keepers . That is a tournament fisherman's dream right there . So after fishing for 9 hours we called it a day and headed back to Lethbridge , made it an early night as we were going to head back out the following day .

We get back out to the lake about 11:00 as we had a later start . We marked all sorts of fish . They were difficult to catch compared to the day before , when they were hitting everything you gave them . The fishing was good but not nearly as the day before . The fish we were catching were far better then the day before . Hooking nearly all legal fish , around 50 , where as the day before were probably 300 or so between the two of us .

As there was a storm approaching , we headed back to the launch got boat loaded up and headed home . We fished a couple more days together with good results . Travers is definitely a good fishery . Lots of quality fish , but lots of good healthy fish in various sizes . Truly a trophy fishery .

story issued by John Conroy

whitetail Junkie
06-08-2012, 06:00 PM

Him and BBJ had 300 fish days with up to 50 keepers a day there already this year.....this maybe like taking candy from a baby for Npauls

We will Find out Sunday night.....Looking at the weather,it looks like some rain ,wind,Lightning and maybe alot of Hail.....hope All the boys brought there Rain Gear :D

06-08-2012, 07:51 PM

PROSTAFFER BLOGS

« Back to PROSTAFFER BLOGS« Older Entry | Newer Entry »

Fishing the Opening week Travers Reservoir

Posted on June 8, 2012 at 5:25 PM

So I loaded up my new boat , headed down to Lethbridge Alberta , where I meet up with fellow Prostaffer Nathan Pauls . We meet up the Wednesday night I arrived in Lethbridge , planned our trip for the next morning .

Nathan and I arrived at 10:00 am to Travers , got the boat ready to launch , got it in the water and we were fishing . We tried several different techniques . We then moved to the Spillway at Travers , and we anchored , and started jigging , and running Lindy rigs and walleye spinners , in the current . Than switching up to other things threw out the day .

Within Meir minutes we had fish on . Several fish caught that day , with 25 to 30 keepers . That is a tournament fisherman's dream right there . So after fishing for 9 hours we called it a day and headed back to Lethbridge , made it an early night as we were going to head back out the following day .

We get back out to the lake about 11:00 as we had a later start . We marked all sorts of fish . They were difficult to catch compared to the day before , when they were hitting everything you gave them . The fishing was good but not nearly as the day before . The fish we were catching were far better then the day before . Hooking nearly all legal fish , around 50 , where as the day before were probably 300 or so between the two of us .

As there was a storm approaching , we headed back to the launch got boat loaded up and headed home . We fished a couple more days together with good results . Travers is definitely a good fishery . Lots of quality fish , but lots of good healthy fish in various sizes . Truly a trophy fishery .

story issued by John Conroy

Since you've taken you precious time to go quote from my website this all took place opening week down south which was what 5 or 6 weeks ago . It's nice people read it .

chubbdarter
06-08-2012, 08:03 PM
Since you've taken you precious time to go quote from my website this all took place opening week down south which was what 5 or 6 weeks ago . It's nice people read it .

I got pm'ed to read it. Im impressed with those numbers 50 keepers is un real fishing for that Res. In 54 years i cant remember doing that many legals.

I figured copy and pasteing it here would up your guiding dates and hook sales huge

06-08-2012, 08:07 PM
I got pm'ed to read it. Im impressed with those numbers 50 keepers is un real fishing for that Res. In 54 years i cant remember doing that many legals.

I figured copy and pasteing it here would up your guiding dates and hook sales huge

I cannot take credit for more then catching some of those fish , I've only ice fished that lake a time or two and never where we fished , it was all Nate , he knows that lake well . I will how ever take credit for my hooks working very well however .

Your a good man Chubb .

chubbdarter
06-08-2012, 08:07 PM
Whats a guided trip cost?

06-08-2012, 08:08 PM
Whats a guided trip cost?

Pm me I am not allowed to openly advertise on this forum as per forum rules and guildelines .

chubbdarter
06-08-2012, 08:11 PM
I cannot take credit for more then catching some of those fish , I've only ice fished that lake a time or two and never where we fished , it was all Nate , he knows that lake well . I will how ever take credit for my hooks working very well however .

Your a good man Chubb .

i recognize Nates secret spot from the orange bouys in the pics

I hope the post increases biz for you

06-08-2012, 08:14 PM
i recognize Nates secret spot from the orange bouys in the pics

I hope the post increases biz for you

I have several trips booked from trade show I was in earlier but those aren't until July / August when people are on holidays , mostly family's .

chubbdarter
06-08-2012, 08:26 PM
I have several trips booked from trade show I was in earlier but those aren't until July / August when people are on holidays , mostly family's .

You must have a secret in those jigs for 300 fish a day to slam them. I like the colors and the thread accents.
Do you do trophy eye trips up there, eyes over 13lbs?

06-08-2012, 08:28 PM
You must have a secret in those jigs for 300 fish a day to slam them. I like the colors and the thread accents.
Do you do trophy eye trips up there, eyes over 13lbs?

If you or anyone is interested in finding out more pm or emailing me .
BBJTACKLEANDFISHINGADVENTURES@hotmail.com

Freedom55
06-09-2012, 08:02 AM
1 walleye every 1.8 minutes doesn't give a fellow much time to gulp down a loaf of sandwiches, bladder relief, assisting with the net, re-baiting and boat control in the free-for-all at the spillway. That's 1.8 min/fish for 9 hours. Deduct an hour for travelling/launch ramp time and that rate increases to 1.6 minutes/fish. Not allowing for trolling time at 0.6-1.5 mph.

Must of been a scramble in that Tracker. All that and 80 legals!! And no jacks!

You guys are good. No. Make that incredible. Incredulous?

Free

TROLLER
06-09-2012, 09:51 AM
1 walleye every 1.8 minutes doesn't give a fellow much time to gulp down a loaf of sandwiches, bladder relief, assisting with the net, re-baiting and boat control in the free-for-all at the spillway. That's 1.8 min/fish for 9 hours. Deduct an hour for travelling/launch ramp time and that rate increases to 1.6 minutes/fish. Not allowing for trolling time at 0.6-1.5 mph.

Must of been a scramble in that Tracker. All that and 80 legals!! And no jacks!

You guys are good. No. Make that incredible. Incredulous?

Free

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You not a true fish story believer?

06-09-2012, 11:30 AM
not worth wasteing my time .

Freedom55
06-09-2012, 11:48 AM
Just funning with you, John. Every fish story grows with the telling; everybody knows it. It's why I fish when I lie.

Free.

whitetail Junkie
06-09-2012, 12:21 PM
Just funning with you, John. Every fish story grows with the telling; everybody knows it. It's why I fish when I lie.

Free.

My Father Always told me that, "Fishing is like Sex.....The less you get ,the more you Lie!!!" :sHa_shakeshout:

However in all honesty,Ive only seen 300 fish(Walleye) days twice in my life,and that was at slave lake.

chubbdarter
06-10-2012, 09:48 PM
must be something magic in your hooks BBJ, Npauls did well again

Congrats to you both