PDA

View Full Version : Any engineers/inventors in da house??

Shawnlh
06-06-2012, 09:44 AM
I have a fishcat tube exactly as pictured here. I've been trying to figure out "how" can I add power to this thing? But I'm stumped:angry3: I've looked at everything from a standard small trolling motor to drive systems used in r/c boats and subs to the drive systems used in small powered kids watertoys.

I have a headache now:sign0176:

Anyone out there with an imagination have any ideas they'd like to share?

I know someone will say just get a pontoon and put a trolling motor on it. But, I like the small tube as it fits in the back of my Dakota with my canopy on and sets up in seconds. I just get real tired of kicking some days.

DeNomad
06-06-2012, 09:52 AM
http://www.dansdiveshop.ca/gear%20pics/slipstream-fin.jpg

Ken07AOVette
06-06-2012, 10:01 AM
I helped Trevor at the fishin hole rig up power steering on one, used a drive from a minn kota system and a trolling motor, very slick.

If you can get it to me I can make you a bracket.

bang_on_sk
06-06-2012, 11:08 AM
http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/2/OutdoorLiving/PoolsAccessories/SwimmingToys/PRDOVR~0793925P/Sea-Doo+Seascooter+Dolphin.jsp?locale=en

TROLLER
06-06-2012, 11:51 AM
Now thats funny stuff

Zanzibar
06-06-2012, 12:55 PM
Saw one of those things divers use to pull themselves through the water at Costco last week. Rig one up to hook to your feet, or under the seat, and you should be good to go. Safe too, because the prop is totally enclosed. I think it was made by Sea-doo.

Shawnlh
06-06-2012, 03:00 PM
I helped Trevor at the fishin hole rig up power steering on one, used a drive from a minn kota system and a trolling motor, very slick.

If you can get it to me I can make you a bracket.

Any pics of that unit?? Might be hard for me to get up that way, I'm in Medicine Hat.
And I was thinking I don't really need to steer it, I can use my flippers for that. Just want something to help me move forward and be able to control on/off and speed from a wired remote. If it works I'll put your name patent. ;)

Maybe if I put the boat on my lawn, sit and stare at it for an hour while consuming a 6 pack something will come to mind?!?!:burp:

pelada trochu
06-06-2012, 06:05 PM
its usually the power supply that kills you.

do you have one of those home nuclear reactors from back to the future???

Gust
06-06-2012, 06:46 PM
Tie a big golfing umbrella to the front and see how quick it moves you on, oh say, Magregor or Spray Lakes on one of those days the wind is so hard it shears off the whitecaps. Mind you it would take some incredible mastering to sail back the other way.

Traps
06-06-2012, 09:04 PM
RC engine, prop, tank, etc. Get one that can run a prop via a vertical direct shaft. It would sip gas, kinda loud. Sound can be fixed by enclosing in box with something called Quash or some other sound proofing material.