PDA

View Full Version : Southern Reservoir Conditions

Duramaximos
06-06-2012, 10:25 AM
With all this rain, i'm concerned about it putting a damper on my plans for a 2-day trip to Travers, McGreggor and Badger this weekend.

In particular do you suspect the water clarity will be poor? I've never had any real success in coudy waters. The rain I can tollerate, but spending 2 days without a nibble due to poor water clarity will be a drag.

Any current water reports would be great!
Thanks.

Guitarplayingfish
06-06-2012, 10:36 AM
Isn't the SAWT tourney at Travers this weekend?...

If so, I would recommend you avoid it.. gonna be packed with boats!

If the water turbidity (clarity) is bad than you may just have better luck catching burbs, no reason to cancel the trip =)

TROLLER
06-06-2012, 11:53 AM
Yes the tourny is this weekend. I would not go anywhere near Travers if I were you.

Weather not looking good for the weekend either.

desiel
06-06-2012, 06:09 PM
i was there on monday and the water was clear too 9 feet. you could watch the whites cruise on the bottom. if you have a big boat with large speakers and a loud inborad motor you can drive as fast as you like on the lake. the yellow one with matching trailer and the red one and the black one and the white one show so. lol so the water should stay clear if the weather stays windy. lol

desiel

Gust
06-06-2012, 06:48 PM
With all this rain, i'm concerned about it putting a damper on my plans for a 2-day trip to Travers, McGreggor and Badger this weekend.

In particular do you suspect the water clarity will be poor? I've never had any real success in coudy waters. The rain I can tollerate, but spending 2 days without a nibble due to poor water clarity will be a drag.

Any current water reports would be great!
Thanks.

I say go, just go and I'll start a thread on lures for pike/walleye waters that are murky from run off. That way you may get an edge on those chocolate water days.

hunted
06-06-2012, 07:46 PM
There was a tornado touched down a couple miles from Badger last night. I am pretty sure it will be stirred up for a few days.

Mariko's Rod
06-06-2012, 09:04 PM
McGregor looks like a toilet bowl full of rye-a-reahha right now.

Bow flyman
06-08-2012, 09:42 PM
I just got back from fishing Travers Reservoir on Thursday. It is as high as I have ever seen it, and was somewhat murky. But I caught 5 walleye and a single pike on minnows with a jig. Nothing on the lures. As long as bait is used, it should be ok. Incredibly busy with boat traffic for a thursday.