PDA

View Full Version : Forum tips for newbs and those frustrated with fishing in murky water

Gust
06-06-2012, 07:51 PM
For your post, start with your water rating the water murk on a scale of;
1 being visibility to two feet
5 rain and wind kick up
10 being chocolate milk

OK! I like the murky water and chocolate milk (10) is fine.

The key for me, is, if it's sunny and the water is chocolate I'll go gor brassy spoons of the crocodile variety and fished in a mild buzz bomb manner,, short abrupt lifts to allow a flutter and two turns of the reel then repeat.

Perch coloured rattlin raps agressively retreived in the buzz bomb manner.

If it's cloudy and chocolate coulred, I get into the green patterned lures and larger mepps spinners,,, noisy zippy feeling through the rod handle.

I also work the shore line more.

Any others on here who do fine in the murk,, any tips for the frustrated.

pickrel pat
06-06-2012, 07:57 PM
still fish with bait in the chocolate.

Gust
06-06-2012, 08:11 PM
still fish with bait in the chocolate.

The best goldeye fishing -IMO- is on sweltering hot days when the water is pure chocolate,, worms and or grasshoppers.

If you want to catch hoppers,, get one of those cheap comforter blankets that are like cotton candy when they come out of the dryer. When in the badlands and it's hopping mad, either throw the blanket like a frisbee or lay it out in an area with hoppers. Their legs have barbs that get entwined in the weave and you can catch them easier, or rather just pick them off the blanket. If you have kids bored with fishing, this will keep them both entertained and you chocka-block full of hopper bait the live long day.

WayneChristie
06-06-2012, 08:13 PM
dirty river, stinky baits. dont rinse your rectums.

Gust
06-06-2012, 08:16 PM
dirty river, stinky baits. dont rinse your rectums.

So I should remove the bidet from the versace camper???

WayneChristie
06-06-2012, 08:17 PM
most definitely. a redcup of ice water does the same thing and you dont have to filter it, just draw it right out of the river

jacenbeers
06-07-2012, 08:26 AM
Rat'l Traps and the imitation Rat'L Traps by Cotton Cordell are great for murky water. If it is bright out, use a metallic colored lure so that it reflects some of the lights. Drives fish crazy.