PDA

View Full Version : Really unlucky! Get a speedy ticket at Beaumont little town

rabbit-hunter
06-06-2012, 10:31 PM
Went for fishing at the little pond. Suddenly received a speedy ticket today! Saying I drove 66kph at a 50kph limit. But I remember I just followed a semitruck that day..... Really sad! This is my first speedy ticket in a small town in my 12 yr driving experience.... I am a very good driver. I don't know if I could get any chance of pardon? And how? I am kind of tight on my budget now.

Alberta Bigbore
06-06-2012, 10:32 PM
Oh well.... but ......did you catch any fish????????

Lefty-Canuck
06-06-2012, 10:32 PM
Nope...no pardons.

No speedy....no ticket :)

Thanks for adding to the tax revenue in my small town. If the speed limit is 50.....then don't go 66....:)

Did you get the license plate of the truck you were following?...maybe you can blame him for not following the speed limit??

LC

chubbdarter
06-06-2012, 10:33 PM
By mistake i put murrine ear cleaner in my eyes

coyotezh
06-06-2012, 10:39 PM
Oh well.... but ......did you catch any fish????????

Catching fish in that little pond is no challenge for me..:)

Lefty-Canuck
06-06-2012, 10:40 PM
Catching fish in that little pond is no challenge for me..:)

I agree it is pretty easy....FOR NOW.....the real challenge is trying to catch some in 2 months when all the people from "out of town" who don't live in Beaumont have caught and kept nearly every fish in the pond.....come back in a few months and see how you make out :)

LC

lone wolf
06-06-2012, 10:49 PM
Suddenly received a speedy ticket today! Saying I drove 66kph at a 50kph limit. This is my first speedy ticket in a small town in my 12 yr driving experience.... I am a very good driver.

First speedy ticket in a small town ........ what about a big town ?? Can't be that good of a driver if you weren't paying attention to the fact you were more than 15km/hr over the limit.

I don't know if I could get any chance of pardon? And how? I am kind of tight on my budget now.

Highly unlikely ......... maybe tell the judge about the semi.

If you don't speed then you will get to keep the few dollars you have left.

You were going too fast .... you got caught .... take your lumps.

BeeGuy
06-06-2012, 10:51 PM
Went for fishing at the little pond. Suddenly received a speedy ticket today! Saying I drove 66kph at a 50kph limit. But I remember I just followed a semitruck that day..... Really sad! This is my first speedy ticket in a small town in my 12 yr driving experience.... I am a very good driver. I don't know if I could get any chance of pardon? And how? I am kind of tight on my budget now.

Yes, you always have the option to challenge the ticket in court. However, this is extremely cost prohibitive.

Photo radar of that kind should be illegal.

crosbyfan123
06-06-2012, 10:52 PM
Radar detector ftw

BeeGuy
06-06-2012, 10:56 PM
Part of the problem with this system is that those radar devices are notoriously inaccurate and prone to being just plain wrong.

Just because you get a letter in the mail, doesnt in fact mean that you were speeding. It only means that the machine recorded you at a certain speed, and if you do some research you will find that these things are hardly reliable.

Just a small part of a larger failing justice system.

coyotezh
06-06-2012, 11:07 PM
First speedy ticket in a small town ........ what about a big town ?? Can't be that good of a driver if you weren't paying attention to the fact you were more than 15km/hr over the limit.

Highly unlikely ......... maybe tell the judge about the semi.

If you don't speed then you will get to keep the few dollars you have left.

You were going too fast .... you got caught .... take your lumps.

A divided highway is being built between Edmonton and Beaumont. The speed limit is 50kph. I only remember I was driving very slow towards this town that day and there was a huge semi ahead of me. I was checking my meter as well and that was a little above 50 kph......

waterninja
06-07-2012, 05:04 AM
did you get to the pond and how did you do?

if you have time go to court and they will automatically reduce the fine before you face the judge. it's a great system.

waterninja
06-07-2012, 05:32 AM
I agree it is pretty easy....FOR NOW.....the real challenge is trying to catch some in 2 months when all the people from "out of town" who don't live in Beaumont have caught and kept nearly every fish in the pond.....come back in a few months and see how you make out :)

LC
lefty, you sound like you'd be in favour of having a toll both on the road to "your" town (both ways of course) to keep outsiders from flocking to beaumont. never been to that pond but heard good reports, though i always thought it was for all fishermen not just the inhabitants of beaumont. i have heard of stocked ponds winterkilling but never of being fished out.

Bigdad013
06-07-2012, 06:08 AM
[QUOTE=BeeGuy;1469218]Part of the problem with this system is that those radar devices are notoriously inaccurate and prone to being just plain wrong.

I agree if you buy a cheap detector, but spend a little more money just like anything and you get a better product. Mine works awesome and also has the Aurora based GPS system built into it which informs you of all redlight/speed cameras, radar traps and construction zones in North America. On the market out of the UK you can order one that jams radar so you don't need to slow down.

biggamehunter
06-07-2012, 07:05 AM
Nope...no pardons.

No speedy....no ticket :)

Thanks for adding to the tax revenue in my small town. If the speed limit is 50.....then don't go 66....:)

LC

LOL :sHa_shakeshout:

Ya that little area always has photo radar. Its been there for the last 3 years... Hate that speed limit!

Lefty-Canuck
06-07-2012, 08:02 AM
lefty, you sound like you'd be in favour of having a toll both on the road to "your" town (both ways of course) to keep outsiders from flocking to beaumont. never been to that pond but heard good reports, though i always thought it was for all fishermen not just the inhabitants of beaumont. i have heard of stocked ponds winterkilling but never of being fished out.

Don't take me too seriously ....my comments are MOSTLY tongue in cheek...BUT

I grew up here and I remember days when I could go to the pond as a kid....haul out the hand auger with my toboggan, drill a few holes (I wasn't very strong back then) and catch some nice little rainbows through the ice.

This little pond gets hit so hard in the summer that fishing there in the winter is a waste of time. They only put 3000 fish/year in there and that 3000 doesn't last very long under the pressure the pond gets.

Sorry for being a bit selfish :) but it is nice to be able to take my boy to the pond to do what I did as a kid....but it is mostly a waste of time now.

People over fishing....keeping limits every night....pooling limits....poaching....etc.

Come to the pond sometime and see for yourself.

Actually there used to be a fishing derby every year during what was back then "The Beauville Jamboree", I caught the first fish in the first derby ever held and I still have the tackle box that I won for doing so.....sorry for getting "nostalgic" but things change over time....:)

LC

icefisher11
06-07-2012, 08:05 AM
Anyone Notice how the OP Appears to be using TWO different forum names....
Whats with that?

Ken07AOVette
06-07-2012, 08:15 AM
If you can afford to go fishy you can afford a ticket for speedy

leeaspell
06-07-2012, 08:31 AM
Whats with that?

Rabbit-hunter and coyotezh? I didn't notice until you mentioned it.

Lefty-Canuck
06-07-2012, 08:33 AM
Whats with that?

LOL :)..now that you mention it, totally using 2 names.

Asks a question using one.....answers other questions using the other....tsk tsk :)

LC

Redfrog
06-07-2012, 09:10 AM
Don't worry about it. go to court . you'll beat it. Just tell the judge that 66 is the new 50.:)

Lefty-Canuck
06-07-2012, 09:17 AM
Don't worry about it. go to court . you'll beat it. Just tell the judge that 66 is the new 50.:)

LOL...awesome :)

LC

coyotezh
06-07-2012, 09:28 AM
sorry guys. I used my old lady's id. I forgot to sign her out while using her ipad.. I will definately remember to use my own id to post here next time...:thinking-006:

cube
06-07-2012, 09:30 AM
By all means contest the ticket.
The worst that could happen is that they reduce the ticket. (told to me by a city detective who challenges all of his)

The Speed trap/s in that town are absolutely ridicules and certainly do not seem to be safety related at all. I have yet to see an accident anywhere close to the normal speed trap location.

Lefty-Canuck
06-07-2012, 09:34 AM
By all means contest the ticket.
The worst that could happen is that they reduce the ticket. (told to me by a city detective who challenges all of his)

The Speed trap/s in that town are absolutely ridicules and certainly do not seem to be safety related at all. I have yet to see an accident anywhere close to the normal speed trap location.

Actually worst that could happen is you have to pay face value on the ticket :)

How else do you think the town pays for all the trout you catch in the pond? I heard a rumour that the more photo tickets they give out the more and bigger trout that go in the pond....please get a photo each time you come out :)

LC :)

waterninja
06-07-2012, 01:32 PM
sorry for sounding harsh lefty canuck. i had a few "pops" before i read your post. i agree about how much more pressure there is now on the stocked ponds, hermitage case in point. at least beaumont trout overwinter or so i've been told. as for nostalgia i still remember the tagged trout in sherwood park pond that you could turn in for a prize and even when they stocked mayfair (hawraluk) park.

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
06-07-2012, 03:13 PM

I grew up here and I remember days when I could go to the pond as a kid....haul out the hand auger with my toboggan, drill a few holes (I wasn't very strong back then) and catch some nice little rainbows through the ice.

This little pond gets hit so hard in the summer that fishing there in the winter is a waste of time. They only put 3000 fish/year in there and that 3000 doesn't last very long under the pressure the pond gets.

Sorry for being a bit selfish :) but it is nice to be able to take my boy to the pond to do what I did as a kid....but it is mostly a waste of time now.

People over fishing....keeping limits every night....pooling limits....poaching....etc.

Actually there used to be a fishing derby every year during what was back then "The Beauville Jamboree", I caught the first fish in the first derby ever held and I still have the tackle box that I won for doing so.....sorry for getting "nostalgic" but things change over time....:)

LC

Even if it was taken tounge and cheek , whatever you want to make of it .

I think these *COMMUNITY * ponds were ment for exactly that the COMMUNITY . Not for people to drive an hour from near by citys . But then agian who the hell am I .

Badgoodguy
06-07-2012, 03:43 PM
Well if thats the case any and all lakes and animals and land that is crown land in say Peace River District would belong to people who live in the peace river district :).....No one owns the fish in the lakes so its all fair game as far as I am concerned but I can also see both sides of the story.

beerhunter
06-07-2012, 04:26 PM
:angry3:I think that machine is rigged. I got one going out to Coal back in March too exactly the same 66 in 50 zone $110. I know of another half dozen people who got the exact same ticket. It has scam written all over it.

But of course the government never scams their people.:angry3::angry3::angry3:

coyotezh
06-07-2012, 04:31 PM

LC

Now I feel I know who you are. There was once we probably fished side by side. You are the one waiving a fly rod catch a big rainbow and didn't pull it on shore, aren't you?

The fish in this pond is too damn easy to catch. Some big some are still baby fish. I only take fish over or close to a foot, although I live in Edmonton city....here is one I caught and kept it last time I went there. It has a little bit more than 12.5 inch long.... By the way, I don't fish there often. Only occationally. but still get caught speeding. feel so innocent!!!!!!!:thinking-006: Is their radars really accurate? Damn:argue2:

https://fbcdn_sphotos_d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/575069_445677438777534_100000058460351_1694427_106 5606668_n.jpg

slivers86
06-07-2012, 05:25 PM
Radar detector ftw

funny thing about those... they only work when there is an active laser... best thing is sitting on the side of the road, and watching for the 'fast car'... people think they are invincible.. but truely are not.

Or, as a officer once taught me... sit close to a shopping center... the lasers from the doors set off detectors all the time. people get used to it at the location and ignore it... easy bones at that!

--

lone wolf your post hit the nail on the head... slow down or pay.

i just paid $140... first speeding ticket i didn't fight as I had nothing on this one except a 'you got me' to say to him on the side of the road. guilty as charged :)