PDA

View Full Version : last mountain lake saskatchewan

lindyrigger
06-07-2012, 12:41 PM
im heading to last mountain this weekend for a 4 day fishing trip just wondering if anyone knows about how last mountain is for shallowspots. Also wondering if anyone knows any idea where to even think of fishing there for walleye. If anyone is heading that way drop me a pm I will be staying at GS marina.

TJG
06-07-2012, 05:56 PM
If u head south/east, beware of Pelican Point, comes out very far into the main lake and regina Beach point is also very shallow for a long ways out.

Fishing from GS marina, just outside of the marina is a good bottom bouncing and crank bite. White rock just across the lake is good fishing, think they call it the baptist camp too, WeeToo is a good walleye spot, Stone Barn is a prime spot and so is Grand view beach just a few bays south/east. Pelican point is a hot spot as is Regina Beach and the flats. Good luck.

im heading to last mountain this weekend for a 4 day fishing trip just wondering if anyone knows about how last mountain is for shallowspots. Also wondering if anyone knows any idea where to even think of fishing there for walleye. If anyone is heading that way drop me a pm I will be staying at GS marina.

Levy
06-07-2012, 06:07 PM
I heard the north half of the lake is better for walleye and that its also where it gets shallower. Friends that live on the lake say you have to get away from the development to find decent fishing. I haven't heard that Last Mountain Lake is bad for shallow spots. have heard several times that by the old stone barn is good for fishing for walleye and pike but i have never been fishing there. I saw some pictures of some nice 7 ib eyes coming out of there but for the most part i think they are around 2 or 3 pounds. I always fish pasqua and echo, and the eyes were awesome this winter.

Also if your a drinker there is some saskatchewan made Last Mountain brew vodka. Its pretty good taste, but has a bit of a smell. Its worth trying at least once.

lindyrigger
06-09-2012, 03:37 PM
thanks for the info guys ill update on the fishing soon