PDA

View Full Version : North/south ram river for opener

Sedativ3
06-08-2012, 05:01 PM
Has anyone ever been out there to either for opening day? I hear the north can run a little bit clearer. Plannin a trip out there for next weekend to keep learning the ins and outs of my fly rod i absolutlely love it (been out almost every day for the past few weeks) and would love to be able to snag a few of these dry "friendly" cutties. Just wondering if anyone can enlighten me as to whether above the falls would be better, or above hummingbird or just stick to the north. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

dube
06-08-2012, 08:36 PM
Those rivers rage during run-off and especially when it's been raining. Won't be too many dry friendly cutts to be had sadly. Be patient grasshoppa!

Xiph0id
06-08-2012, 09:43 PM
When is run off normally ending.
I know with the rain the combo will be insane.
When should I plan on heading down there?

Sedativ3
06-09-2012, 01:23 PM
Hmm, think any of the mountain streams will be somewhat clear? Blackstone maybe or some smaller tribs?

Sloughsharkjigger
06-09-2012, 01:44 PM
Way too much rain last week and it is still coming. Also, don't forget there was record snow packs this winter that have just started to melt. Tribs and rivers in the east slopes will be running high for the next month or so.

Xiph0id
06-09-2012, 06:23 PM
I'll be done in the Clearwater/ram area next weekend.
I'll update when I get back on Sunday.

fishman
06-09-2012, 07:24 PM
I'll be done in the Clearwater/ram area next weekend.
I'll update when I get back on Sunday.

Hey Martin
Do u remember last year when we met I told when to start fishing the north ram and why

Xiph0id
06-22-2012, 07:01 PM
I don't remember why.