PDA

View Full Version : Fly in fishing trip...tip the pilots?

fisherguy31
06-08-2012, 05:58 PM
I leave tomorrow on my 7 day fly in fishing trip!! I'm assuming it's the proper thing to do in tipping the pilot and I have no problems with that...I'm just not sure how much is appropriate...what have you done in the past or what would you do if you were flying tomorrow!? Thanks in advance.

FishHunterPro
06-09-2012, 01:10 AM
I do tip but I only flew with air mikisew and I notiCed with them everytime we had different pilots that dropped you and picked you up so don't give it all to the first pilot just incase. If its a big group get everyone to pitch in on it. But I would go with $100 total do $50 in and $50 out. If you have deep pockets $100 in and out would be more than enough. So this happens to me twice with that company with different pilots show up to get you and the first guy got the $100 tip lol and no body brings cash into the bush so he was S.O.L

FishHunterPro
06-09-2012, 01:40 AM
$10-$20 bucks for each head each way should be a descent tip

Safety D
06-09-2012, 08:21 AM
I grease them good before we leave. Then we always get a circus ride in. Way better then any ride at Klondike days. 100 bucks and let them know to take you for a ride !!!!!!

Tofinofish
06-09-2012, 08:29 AM
As an outfitter, I know the pilots appreciate guests considering their efforts in the way of Gratuities. Doesn't need to be huge, but acknowlegdement helps for an extra good trip back, whether you are looking for a Circus or Scenic..

Redfrog
06-09-2012, 08:33 AM
50 in 50 out. I've always got pilots that help with the gear and have a good attitude.