PDA

View Full Version : Stocked Trout Lakes

Morph1
04-02-2008, 11:00 AM
Can anyone recommend any stocked trout lakes close to Edmonton heading south HW 2 , something between Edmonton and Red Deer ??? or closer :)
I have always been heading west ,but one of my fishing buddies lives in Millwoods so picking him up and driving him back would be a bit of waste of time heading west, so I was thinking of trying to find some lakes heading south, something of a size of Hasse or Spring Lake would be a treat.
anyone ?

Thanks,

Cheers!

Ace
04-02-2008, 11:47 AM
Beaumont Pond. Leduc Resevoir. These are the closest that I know of.

Ace

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
04-02-2008, 11:51 AM
Your wanting , just trout? Because Coal lake which is south of beaumont and east of leduc , which is crazy fishing for pike and perch.And if you fish it early enough , before all the weeds grow in at the north shore theres some nice pike to be had about 50 feet from shore, but as soon as those weeds grow in its tuff as the weed growth is very dense .

Morph1
04-02-2008, 12:03 PM
Hey, hey, I know about those:) , thanks ,
and Big J I fished coal lake numerous times last summer :lol: , I seen those pike , 1 of them snapped 20 lbs fireline like it was nothing....
I heard there is some trout lake between pigeon lake and buck lake,
but heard that it suffered winter kill, can't remember the name..
I just want to try my luck at some new lakes and take buddy of mine with me.

Ace is the Leduc reservoir any big ?? is it good to fly fish of shore?

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
04-02-2008, 12:33 PM
Best bet , go to your local 7-11 they got this alberta fishing magizne runs for like 12.00 bucks I think it was anyway well worth it theres a little write up about every lake in this province include trout ponds etc, Im really glad I came across it .

Grains
04-02-2008, 01:02 PM
Fishing regs have a list of stocked lakes if that helps.

The SRD website also posts a list each year of which ponds/lakes were stocked, number and type of species stocked:

w w w.srd.gov.ab.ca/fishwildlife/fishingalberta/fishstocking.aspx

Alberta Bigbore
04-02-2008, 01:16 PM
ill give a Thumbs up for Beaumont !! Nice little trout hole