PDA

View Full Version : Good Shore fishing near St Paul

sunnyvalesmostwanted
06-09-2012, 09:48 PM
Can anyone suggest some decent shore fishing spots around St Paul? I dont have a bot and will be spending some time up there this summer and would love to try some fishing. species not important, neither is C&R status......just wantt o have some fun catching a few fish here n there.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Levy
06-10-2012, 01:34 AM
early in the year i have caught some nice pike on the moose river. Right where the highway crosses it. If they havent moved back to the lake they will soon so i would try that spot sooner than later. There are plenty of small pike in beaver river. I also have had good luck at thin river, where it enters moose lake. You may want to try Lac Delorme for trout. The North saskatchewan river maybe worth a trip as well. I have friends who love Garnier Lake for fishing but i have never tried it or fished it from shore but may be worth the trip. Most of these spots are small rivers but the only fishing i have done near st.paul was from shore and in rivers.

Good luck and if you want to head further north of bonnyville PM me and i can give you some better advice on shore fishing on the lakes in my area.

Kim473
06-10-2012, 10:41 AM
early in the year i have caught some nice pike on the moose river. Right where the highway crosses it. If they havent moved back to the lake they will soon so i would try that spot sooner than later. There are plenty of small pike in beaver river. I also have had good luck at thin river, where it enters moose lake. You may want to try lac delorme for trout. The north saskatchewan river maybe worth a trip as well. I have friends who love garnier lake for fishing but i have never tried it or fished it from shore but may be worth the trip. Most of these spots are small rivers but the only fishing i have done near st.paul was from shore and in rivers.

Good luck and if you want to head further north of bonnyville pm me and i can give you some better advice on shore fishing on the lakes in my area.

x2 NSR.

e40water12
06-10-2012, 11:33 AM
NSR is awesome place to fish catch tons of various of fish. hwy 41 bridge and 881 bridge has some good shore fishing as well. Maybe some time we could meet up. I go to the river often. cheers