PDA

View Full Version : SAWT Tourny

TROLLER
06-10-2012, 08:44 AM
Anyone hear what the results for yesterday were?

TROLLER
06-10-2012, 11:20 AM
Nothing? No one hear anything?

Gust
06-10-2012, 11:46 AM
New jersey won so the series is 3:2 in favour of l.a,,,, wait I just reread you query. I suspect the results from the sawt were the same as all the others; complaints about recreational fishermen not loading or launching their boats fast enough or fishing where the best eyes were or taking up all the best campsites, and of course complaints about getting back to the dock on time,,,,, the usual results of a sawt tourny.

sanjuanworm
06-10-2012, 12:31 PM
New jersey won so the series is 3:2 in favour of l.a,,,, wait I just reread you query. I suspect the results from the sawt were the same as all the others; complaints about recreational fishermen not loading or launching their boats fast enough or fishing where the best eyes were or taking up all the best campsites, and of course complaints about getting back to the dock on time,,,,, the usual results of a sawt tourny.

You almost sound cynical.

ReconWilly
06-10-2012, 02:31 PM
You almost sound cynical.

Sounds more like experience...

Gust
06-10-2012, 03:07 PM
Og I was just being a jerk

Esox
06-10-2012, 06:50 PM
Any results yet from the Travers Tourny?

npauls
06-10-2012, 08:00 PM
Bob is on his way home and will probably update sometime tonight on Go walleye.

I was 4th after day one and I think I finished 7th overall but not positive on that.

whitetail Junkie
06-10-2012, 08:06 PM
Bob is on his way home and will probably update sometime tonight on Go walleye.

I was 4th after day one and I think I finished 7th overall but not positive on that.

Thats pretty good,You might have a good chance at the Boat and team of the year! Good luck at ridge!

npauls
06-10-2012, 08:28 PM
My Partner from Chin (rapala76) finished 4th. Harold Mutter finished 3rd. And team phone books finished 5th.

1st and 2nd place teams we the same as the first day results. I can't remember their names.

npauls
06-10-2012, 08:36 PM
TOP 10 OVERALL TEAMS

1 Trent Koenig/Clint Mokelky 22.92 lbs
2 Todd Sniher/Todd Roth 15.49 lbs
3 Harold Mutter/Tony VanDyke 9.54 lbs
4 Brandon Hargreaves/Dean Pramchuk 8.95 lbs
5 Kelly Flaig/Jason Villemarie 7.62 lbs
6 Ken McDonnell/Vikki Zeller 7.53 lbs
7 Nathan Pauls/Guy Duke 7.32 lbs
8 Walter Eisenlohr/Barry Warcimaga 7.21 lbs
9 Roger Wilkins/Tom Wilkins 6.44 lbs
10 Dave Jones/Erin Jones 6.38 lbs

BIG FISH DAY 1 Harold Mutter/Tony VanDyke 9.54 lbs Shocked

BIG FISH DAY 2 Roger Wilkins/Tom Wilkins 6.44 lbs Grin

COOL UNDER PRESSURE Brandon Hargreaves/Dean Pramchuk 8.95 lbs Cool

calgarygringo
06-10-2012, 08:40 PM
Looks like the first place guys cleaned up pretty good. Maybe second not bad but I am assuming from the numbers not a lot of big ones weighed in. Maybe all the nasty weather isn't helping.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/calgarygringo/travers.png

Mariko's Rod
06-10-2012, 09:48 PM
so how does it work then? do you weigh 3 fish per day per boat? 2 anglers per boat?

chubbdarter
06-10-2012, 09:50 PM
Congrats to SAWT for another event and all its competitors

BeeGuy
06-10-2012, 11:01 PM
so how does it work then? do you weigh 3 fish per day per boat? 2 anglers per boat?

I believe it is 4 fish based on the website rules, and 2 people per boat.

Looks like people had trouble getting their 500mm+ fish.

Mariko's Rod
06-11-2012, 07:03 AM
man those are just some horrid totals for that lake. Except for the top two. Hope it is just a bad year and not a sign of the state of the fishery. I cant belive those numbers with all of those good walleye anglers.

Winch101
06-11-2012, 08:25 AM
That res. has been getting pounded last few years , lots of people taking their legal fish ....and lots of people taking the non legal ones ..

One small blemish....I was told F&W ( on a jetski ) charged one participant with barbed hooks ( supposedly disqualified ) and a couple for fishing in the no fishing zone at the spillway ....May be rumor maybe not.

The weather certainly contributed ....but this res has peeked for big fish...

Yeeeeeaaaaaa team BBJ. :sHa_shakeshout:

Freedom55
06-11-2012, 08:53 AM
The ten finalists managed only 100 lbs. A little short of the 150-240 lbs as discussed previously (average weight of 3lbs, small compared to the Big Fish winners but comparable to the two day aggregate of the winning team).

Question: What did you mean Winch101 when you mentioned a closed zone at the spillway? Is that a total closure of the entire structure for this event?

Free

Drop_Tine
06-11-2012, 09:57 AM
That res. has been getting pounded last few years , lots of people taking their legal fish ....and lots of people taking the non legal ones ..

One small blemish....I was told F&W ( on a jetski ) charged one participant with barbed hooks ( supposedly disqualified ) and a couple for fishing in the no fishing zone at the spillway ....May be rumor maybe not.

The weather certainly contributed ....but this res has peeked for big fish...

Yeeeeeaaaaaa team BBJ. :sHa_shakeshout:

Yup both incidents happend !! Alberta reg are alberta regs.... SAWT rules are also in place, whats the point in having rules and not
enforcing them !!

Winners never cheat ...& ... Cheaters never win !!

Drop_Tine
06-11-2012, 10:02 AM
The ten finalists managed only 100 lbs. A little short of the 150-240 lbs as discussed previously (average weight of 3lbs, small compared to the Big Fish winners but comparable to the two day aggregate of the winning team).

Question: What did you mean Winch101 when you mentioned a closed zone at the spillway? Is that a total closure of the entire structure for this event?

Free

Yup dont waist your time fishing traverse what a brutal fishery ... There are no fish there and no big eyes left! :scared0018::)

rapala76
06-11-2012, 10:27 AM
Yup dont waist your time fishing traverse what a brutal fishery ... There are no fish there and no big eyes left! :scared0018::)

X2:fishing:

mossyfoot
06-11-2012, 11:10 AM
If a game warden busts you for poaching a deer is he or she allowed to head to the coffee shop and tell everyone your name and everything else or is there a confidentiality issue? Same goes for these walleye tournaments, if you get nailed by a game warden for an infraction does he have the right to give your name to others or should you be ticketed accordingly and that's it? I'm unaware of there is a confidentiality rule so please fill me in. None the less what the hell is a game warden doing on a tournament day checking people any way couldn't that be done Friday when 80% of the boats are pre-fishing on Friday and it doesn't interfere with all the money you spent to be there and then you have to reel up and this and that so he can check for barbs. Seems like a joke to me glad I wasn't there I would have been ****ed.

Shmag
06-11-2012, 11:23 AM
If a game warden busts you for poaching a deer is he or she allowed to head to the coffee shop and tell everyone your name and everything else or is there a confidentiality issue? Same goes for these walleye tournaments, if you get nailed by a game warden for an infraction does he have the right to give your name to others or should you be ticketed accordingly and that's it? I'm unaware of there is a confidentiality rule so please fill me in. None the less what the hell is a game warden doing on a tournament day checking people any way couldn't that be done Friday when 80% of the boats are pre-fishing on Friday and it doesn't interfere with all the money you spent to be there and then you have to reel up and this and that so he can check for barbs. Seems like a joke to me glad I wasn't there I would have been ****ed.

It happens alot, F&W as well as tourny officials come by alot checking boats out. As a competator, i dont mind it at all and it's nice to see their presence on the water...the last tourny on slave lk, they even had a RCMP boat on the water

Kokanee9
06-11-2012, 11:57 AM
Congratulations to event organizers and all participants!

:)

npauls
06-11-2012, 12:39 PM
Like mentioned before all teams must follow the Alberta regulations as well as the SAWT rules.

If the rules are not followed then there is consequences to follow up.

Both teams caught breaking the rules were DQ'd.

The fishing was pretty tough all week out there. The weather changed a few times a day almost every day and I think those fish were pretty stirred up.

Congrats to everyone that ended up finding legal fish. The bigger fish were tough to find but the little ones seemed to be all over the place and ready to eat pretty much anything.

Drop_Tine
06-11-2012, 01:45 PM

If you read the rules , it states if you are charged during a tournament for breaking the law you will be disqualified , last time i checked you can not use barbs in alberta , nor can you tie off to the bouies ! Sorry but theres no leg to stand , if your friend would have won that tournament using barbs , and you placed 2nd would you be happy, knowing that he cheated and beat you ?? And that the 10,000 should be yours not his ?? Mistakes happen i know , mark it down as a learning exsperience move on and pinch
your barbs ! As far as doing the checking on a pre fish day ... Seriously ... If you wanna use barbs pre fishing and take the chance at getting a ticket by all means do , but dont cheat in the tournament and use barbs , as far as im concerned they should be checking all the time during tounaments , and get the cheaters out!

As far as names being released , i hear names being released daily on the news for drug infractions, muders ect ect ... Pretty sure theirs no issue !

chubbdarter
06-11-2012, 02:35 PM
If you read the rules , it states if you are charged during a tournament for breaking the law you will be disqualified , last time i checked you can not use barbs in alberta , nor can you tie off to the bouies ! Sorry but theres no leg to stand , if your friend would have won that tournament using barbs , and you placed 2nd would you be happy, knowing that he cheated and beat you ?? And that the 10,000 should be yours not his ?? Mistakes happen i know , mark it down as a learning exsperience move on and pinch
your barbs ! As far as doing the checking on a pre fish day ... Seriously ... If you wanna use barbs pre fishing and take the chance at getting a ticket by all means do , but dont cheat in the tournament and use barbs , as far as im concerned they should be checking all the time during tounaments , and get the cheaters out!

As far as names being released , i hear names being released daily on the news for drug infractions, muders ect ect ... Pretty sure theirs no issue !

Excellent post

Sawt has tournament rules to which they enforce as per Tournament Rules. Those rules dont negate or superceed Alberta Fishing Regulations or the CFE.
Wether this is a case of a innocent mistake in the breaking of rules or a case of full on intent is not really the issue. What impresses me is that the controlling body of the SAWT has made a dicision to enforce the rules of proper conduct and abide by the Alberta Fishing Regulations. The intent or reasoning of the rules being broken is up to the Officer and the fisherman in question. What SAWT did after obviously being presented the facts shows proffessionalism.

What i understand is some 49 boats where checked and had NO infractions. On another note NO floaters were observed.

Congrats to all that participated

Mariko's Rod
06-12-2012, 07:31 AM

are you serious?......Yeah, those CO's that go out and enforce the law are a real pain. Play by the rules and you have nothing to worry about. its a 5 min check.