PDA

View Full Version : bow river @ carseland

bowfin
04-02-2008, 02:29 PM
anyone been there would like to know if all the ice is off above the weir would like to get the boat in there and do some fishing

mudkid
04-04-2008, 10:24 PM
All, I can tell you is as of last week i went to Jansens , Mckinnon Flats and the Caresland Bridge below the weir and all had 5 feet of Ice and Mckinnon had 20 yards of it. With a little warm weather over the next few weeks we should be good. A lot of slack water at Caresland launch so probably a significant amount of ice. Hang in there, It's coming soon!

flygiirl
04-12-2008, 08:44 PM
Hi i was thinking of headng down to carseland to do some Bow River fishing but I have never been there. Can you tell me anything about the area and the best place to fish. I have done the float trips down the bow with a guide and have also fished the bow around Cochrane but I have never been to this area.. Thanks fom Rocky

bowfin
04-12-2008, 10:54 PM
i have not been down there yet i am going down there sometime this week to do some fishing i hope the river will clean up a little bit i like to swing streamers or cast spinners do a little bit of both and see whats working the best if you go down there can you post if all the ice is gone last year i had good luck with black leach pattern right by the first boat launch in that deep pool good luck :)

tonyflyfish
04-14-2008, 01:54 PM
Am going to the PC Tuesday and will drive upstream of the weir as that section is open. Is there good access for a little boat? My GPS says the north side but would like some suggestions. All C&R on a fly. Thanks!
T

cohod
04-14-2008, 03:33 PM
no idea about the weir... I was at jenz (SP) a few days ago river is open but there are still lost of ice banks to deal with.

cohod

tonyflyfish
04-18-2008, 05:07 PM
Am just back and want to say thanks for the "lack of info shared". I managed just fine! I now know more about the area than before. Lots of water and lots of Browns.
T