PDA

View Full Version : Off to Pigeon Lake end of June

Benoit1967
06-10-2012, 06:25 PM
I am new to Alberta and will be going to Pigeon Lake on June 21st for 2-3 days of fishing while we are staying 3 nights at Zeiner park campground.

I saw a note in the Regulation book: the portion of lake west of a line drawn from the northwesternmost tip of the point in 13-12-47-2-W5 due north to the point where the line intersects the shoreline of the lake in 13-47-2-W5, locally known as Zeiner Park and including Tide Creek

Could one of you folks confirm how far I will have to travel from the boat launch before I can try to catch a few walleyes? Are there any indication, floating markers of any kind to ensure I don't fish in the protected area?

Or should I use a different boat launch? There is one at the park so I hope I can use it, it will make pretty handy and easy.

Is the launch at Zeiner Park in good shape?

Thanks everyone for your replies
Ben

Lefty-Canuck
06-10-2012, 06:49 PM
In past years there has been marker bouys....I haven't been there yet this year to know if they are there. You for sure CANNOT fish the creek @ Zeiner. That boat launch has been marginal at best.....smaller boats have better success.

The provincial park launch is good in that you can launch almost any boat there....and you can catch fish right out front. It isn't too far of a drive from Zeiner to the Prov Park either.

LC

dragon
06-11-2012, 09:25 AM
The boat launch at Zeiner no longer exists. They extended the camping stalls right to the end there now so you will either have to launch at Fisherhome/Gilwood beach which is just south of Zeiner or continue farther south to the provincial park.

The boat launch at fisherhome is ok if you have a a small boat but if your over 16ft, depending on your vehicle you might want to try the provincial park.

As for the closed area when you stand on the beach of zeiner there is a tuff of weeds on the south side of the beach. If you look out over those you will see a row of white marker buoys that heads south towards sunset harbor (clump of homes hard to miss).

You can try the provincial park and if its slow you could also try out infront of the beach in Sundance. from Zeiner you head north about 2 km's and there will be a small grassy clearing in the cabin's (about 1/4 the size of zeiners beach) I've had some great luck in front of there give or take a few 100 metres.

Good luck!

Benoit1967
06-11-2012, 06:44 PM
Thanks a million!!! I have a 16.5ft, 88i in wide, Full windshield, aluminium boat with a 90hp so I guess it will be the boat launch at Pigeon Lake Provincial Park... it's not even 15 minutes away according to google map... all good!!! :)