PDA

View Full Version : Forks Access

Dale S
06-11-2012, 08:44 PM
The access road to the island at the forks is flooded over.The Bow River has backed up the Oldman making the road under water.

npauls
06-11-2012, 09:26 PM
You sir are a good man Dago.

You have saved many people time and gas money on a trip to find that out.

After the walleye tourney season is over I may have to try and hook into a few dinosaurs.

jacenbeers
06-11-2012, 10:09 PM
When we were there on Saturday the current was just as fast where it has flooded over the road onto the island at The Forks as it was in the Oldman. It is crazy there right now.

BeeGuy
06-11-2012, 11:45 PM
Oh yeah, that channel is probably 4 feet deep easy.

If ya got a tall truck, get yer 35's on it (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjvpslMKAQk&feature=related)

Dale S
06-26-2012, 06:28 PM
There were driving trucks threw the water to get on the island last week.But the Oldman has risen to its highest mark this year. The island is going to be a lonely place this long weekend.The fishing should be good.

WayneChristie
06-26-2012, 06:32 PM
There were driving trucks threw the water to get on the island last week.But the Oldman has risen to its highest mark this year. The island is going to be a lonely place this long weekend.The fishing should be good.

I guess the spot I was thinking about will be extra nuts. throwing that idea out the window!

BeeGuy
06-26-2012, 06:33 PM
Now, how to get across...

WayneChristie
06-26-2012, 06:36 PM
canoe ;) some guy was tearing through the channel with a jet last weekend, good thing no one was trying to drive across, could have been bad news. he was doing it over and over again.

Dale S
06-26-2012, 06:48 PM
We got the boat stuck in that chanel last year.

WayneChristie
06-26-2012, 06:55 PM
probably wont have that problem right now :) I was surprised people were even driving trucks across on the weekend

the local angler
06-26-2012, 07:17 PM
surprizingly i have driven through worst. water half way up the door and my truck is lifted on 36"s. but that was in my younger " i am invinsible " years. i have been debating if i should head down tommorrow, i know i shouldn't but i am just bored. if its just water in the channel then it shouldn't be as bad as last year when there was tons of mud washed down.fingers crossed soon i hope

Dale S
06-26-2012, 07:37 PM
Seen the after math from a kid trying to cross at the southend of the forks.Did good for a stock Jeep made it about half way. The ins. company wrote it off.

fishstalker
06-26-2012, 07:54 PM
No surprise the channel is flooded.
How is the road after it turns from gravel to dirt? Has it drained fairly well, or is it more like a mud bottomed pool?

Thanks

fishstalker