PDA

View Full Version : Great Pacific Salmon Lodge TYEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Jamie
06-12-2012, 12:04 AM
Wow, did we hit it right this AM. Take a look at these 2 fantastic Tyee's. Both caught by rookies!!!

Our guest commented that Prince Rupert's name should be changed to TYEEEEEEEEEEEEE Town!!!

Thanks for fishing with us guys. It was a great time.

I have been trying to upload them and am WAY to tired to keep playing.

I will try tomorow night. But if someone can help, I can send them Via Email or text.

What a day.......
What a group.....
I dont think I have laughed so hard for so long.

You really have to ask yourself why you havent tried fishing with Great Pacific Salmon Lodge. Call today and lets get your trip started.
Some last minute rates available, but with us booking 11 people in today, they are drying up.

Jamie

mikebossy
06-12-2012, 03:10 AM
no pics

waterninja
06-12-2012, 03:20 AM
don't see the pics. but you sound excited. congrats.

Jamie
06-12-2012, 07:07 AM
Yeah, pics can be a pain from here on the island.
Anyone know how to post them from a IPhone?

Anyhow the call of the Tyee was to much for me. I delayed some meetings to head out with Dad and our head guide to take a crack at these bad boys.
Where we are catching them is only 15 minutes from the lodge. I will be hitting the flood tide and then heading off to my meetings. In the boat now heading for Tyeeeeeeeee town. Perhaps the curse will end today?????

Thanks
Jamie

Jamie
06-12-2012, 07:11 AM
Just to clarify, yesterday's tyee's were of the 30# variety. Not massive but oh so excited for some very deserving guests. I love it when guests really appreciate all that being in our area has to offer.

Jamie

Jamie
06-12-2012, 08:24 AM
On the boat right now. Watching the one of the boats play what looks like something in the high 40's. This is crazy. Lots of fish around, just looking for my own personal Walter!!!
Love these play by play updates.

Jamie

Jamie
06-12-2012, 11:14 AM
Walter is still hiding from me. I was only able to fish the first tide and am now off to Terrace for meetings.
Good morning with 6 light bites a couple of long line releases and a 25 in the boat.

Jamie

bardfromedson
06-12-2012, 01:29 PM
hey jamie. sounds like the run is starting to heat up. im heading that way in 10 days. cant wait. just wondering what there hitting on this year? don't want to load up on anchovies and find out its a hot herring bite. i will be staying way far from town so will only get one chance to load up. have some plugs and spoons i want to try this year to see if they will work out. also what bait shop in terrace would you recomend for a recent report and good bait? hope you guys have a great season. might see you out there.

Speckle55
06-12-2012, 01:44 PM
Jamie ..when you say Tyeee Chinook do you mean 30# to 50#

Chinook Salmon
Shaker under 5#
Jack Spring 5# to 17#
Spring 17# to 30#
Tyee 30# to 50#
King 50# and over

or what do you call them differn,t size of Chinooks

David:)

Serengeti Charters
06-12-2012, 03:00 PM
Tyee is anything over 30lbs. King salmon is just the name that Americans call any Chinook salmon. In some places they call a Chinook over 40lbs "Hippas", but that is mainly in the Queen Charlottes. I'd even go as far to say that Jack Springs are up to about 14lbs, then after that it's just a Chinook. Spring isn't representative of a size category, just what we in BC call our Chinook salmon.

blackpheasant
06-12-2012, 04:34 PM
Walter is still hiding from me. I was only able to fish the first tide and am now off to Terrace for meetings.
Good morning with 6 light bites a couple of long line releases and a 25 in the boat.

Jamie

Jamie you should slip over to Hardy this summer, going to be lots of walters over there...:sHa_shakeshout:

Jamie
06-13-2012, 12:33 AM
Jamie you should slip over to Hardy this summer, going to be lots of walters over there...:sHa_shakeshout:

Lolololol
I have been to most if not all the legendary spots on the coast. 15 years of trying and still nothing bigger than a 29 pounder. Oh I have seen plenty of them caught all the way to a 78 pound monster (ring side for that one) but Walter is eluding me. I think my brother is at 15 or so, dad is up there as well. But not I. I might even be slightly disappointed when it does happen. What the heck am I going to do then???
It makes for great conversation around the lodge. As long as my guests keep catching them I am happy.
Jamie

Can someone please tell me how to post pics from my iPhone? Being on a island does have it draw backs, but ohhhhhhh so many +'s as our new guests have found out tonight. They enjoyed steak with crab and a bernaise sauce all the while enjoy the view. It's like someone lifted a huge weight off their shoulders and they can't wait to experience the best fishing on the coast in the most comfortable boats available. No canvas here! Just big decks and heated cabins.

Time for bed for this cowboy, I get to continue my search for Walter in the Am. One last crack before business gets on the way.
Jamie

Jamie
06-13-2012, 12:46 AM
hey jamie. sounds like the run is starting to heat up. im heading that way in 10 days. cant wait. just wondering what there hitting on this year? don't want to load up on anchovies and find out its a hot herring bite. i will be staying way far from town so will only get one chance to load up. have some plugs and spoons i want to try this year to see if they will work out. also what bait shop in terrace would you recomend for a recent report and good bait? hope you guys have a great season. might see you out there.

We should talk before you head out here. It's all about the anchovies right now. But the 42 from today was on a cut plug. Things have been spotty hot with every second day taking of for us. But the last 3 have been crazy
Call me, I will feed you what I can. We are always willing to help.

Jamie