PDA

View Full Version : Place to Hunt?

Bowtech's#1
04-03-2008, 06:23 PM
What part of Alberta would be a good place for a non-resident to try to get permission to hunt some good ground for whitetail and mule deer? If anybody could point me in a general area that would be great.

Bulletproof
04-03-2008, 06:26 PM
wherever your hunter host takes you...

Bowtech's#1
04-03-2008, 06:28 PM
My possible hunter host doesn't hunt and so I was looking for some suggestions. Also how hard is it to get permission for hunting land?

ducky_hunter
04-03-2008, 06:56 PM
why don't you hunt public land lots of it around

cooter 1
04-03-2008, 07:00 PM
What part of the country are you from Bowteck

Bowtech's#1
04-03-2008, 08:49 PM
Where would I get a hold of some maps of public hunting land. I am looking for some good bowhunting for whitetail or maybe mulies. Maybe near Edmonton or south of there. Thanks

Tuc
04-03-2008, 09:03 PM
What part of the country are you from Bowteck

x2

lilsundance
04-03-2008, 09:05 PM
First off your hunter host must have a valid win # and be eligible to hold a hunting license.
[QUOTE][/QHunter Host - an adult resident who is the holder of a valid Hunter Host Licence. To obtain this licence, the adult must hold a valid WiN and be eligible to hold recreational hunting licences. A Hunter Host may not provide services for gain or reward, or accept a fee for services, directly or indirectly.
UOTE]
If he/she meets these requirements then You can travel west around Edson, Drayton Valley. Or south around Rocky Mountain house.
But before you go making plans on where to hunt you had better find out if your possible host meets the requirements.
Map town in Edmonton should have access maps of the areas. County offices will also have maps showing crown land in that particular county/md.

Bowtech's#1
04-03-2008, 09:13 PM
My brother-in-law plans on taking up hunting and we will make sure that he meets the hunter-host requirements. Thanks for the info