PDA

View Full Version : Atha-b

Grayling
04-04-2008, 06:00 PM
Has anyone been down to the river by Hinton yet . How is the water level and color. Any fish caught?? Is the river fishable with flies??? Any help is appreciated!!!

Thanks

maligne
04-05-2008, 12:14 AM
my bro will post when he reads this hes been out a few times.

kokanee
04-06-2008, 08:53 PM
hey...ive been out a few times in the last week...fishing has been slow but hopefully will pick up this week.
the water level is perfect right now...just be careful walking on the ice
i was using a bunch a different nymphs...black stonefly patterns seem to be better right now though

Sbrooks
04-07-2008, 07:31 PM
Right now is the time to go before the huge run off season.

fishman
04-07-2008, 08:14 PM
Right now is the time to go before the huge run off season.

the reason to go now is the fish are still in thier wintering holes, once the river stains up the fish move and a lot harder to find.......so now is the best time and when all the big bulls are caught

Grayling
04-09-2008, 10:51 PM
I was just out the other day and it was awesome. Size 12 black stone was the fly of choice. I fished 2 hours and caught 21 rockies and 1 rainbow!!!! What a great river to fish and a great start to the year. Be willing to do some walking and you will fae well.

Grayling

Alberta Bigbore
04-10-2008, 03:35 AM
sounds like a great trip!! manage any pics?? love the area.

Grayling
04-14-2008, 04:19 PM
Sorry I never got any pictues as I was with my dog. My fishing partner is living in Creston BC for now, He'll be working up here this summer though and I'll post some pic's as we get some. It's just to hard by yourself to take a picture of fish. Plus my hands were frozen from releasing fish, that water is very cold.

GM

prospector
04-14-2008, 11:19 PM
Too bad no pics, the one of your last trip was priceless...

Alberta Bigbore
04-15-2008, 04:52 AM
\It's just to hard by yourself to take a picture of fish.

GM

tell me about it, i got a new digital camera for this year as my last one had a bath in Little Smoky river, and Red Deer River:rolleyes: