PDA

View Full Version : Is Gull a Summer Lake?

burbotman14
04-05-2008, 09:16 PM
Does gull lake have any good fishing in the summer? I'm asumming you would only be able to fish deeper since there are so many weeds in the winter let alone the summer.

Mudder Man
04-06-2008, 06:40 AM
Hey Burbs
Gull has plenty of good Summer Fishing. It is just like any other Lake you need to know the time of year, species and appearance for the bite is all. Cant say as i ever target the Burbot in the Summer they however. Good luck and i hope to be back in Canada for May long weekend to head to Cold Lake for those Lakers.

Mudder in Cairo Egypt now

Gordoats26
04-06-2008, 07:25 PM
Gull has some monster pike. its an average or slightly below average fishing lake in the summer except that you can hook a 18lber if your lucky accualy the best places to fish are weed edges and the rocky bays 8 to 12 feet ive hammerd alot of 16 to 18 lb pike in the summer at gull but i rarly fish there anymore because its not the nicest lake around and i wouldnt eat the fish from there in the summer there usualy mussy and gross cause its such a shallow lake but decent C&R lake for sure. the walleye are scarce but when you catch them there usualy pretty decent 3 lbs or so.

TundraBuck
04-06-2008, 08:25 PM
Yup troll on some structure with some good pike lures (spoons, cutbaits, rapalas, plugs, flatfish) and hold on.