PDA

View Full Version : What do you do with 30 6" trout?

bloopbloob
06-23-2012, 08:51 PM
Just sitting at the pond watching 3 people and 6 kids, (of no race or ethnicity:thinking-006:) filling up a stringer of trout, ALL of which are smaller than my big pike lures... At least 30 fish on there so far.... Makes me mad, but legal I guess. What happens to the fish? One mouthfull of meat out of each? Eat other parts too? Just seems so wastefull...

waterninja
06-23-2012, 09:00 PM
i see it all the time. it does make me angry as they're really not big enough to eat. they,ll probably do it again tomorrow and so on.

Dust1n
06-23-2012, 09:05 PM
You make popcorn fish! One bite a fillit :argue2:

Redfrog
06-23-2012, 09:07 PM
double tap

Redfrog
06-23-2012, 09:07 PM
You're just too fussy. Of course it all gets eaten.

Sardines are eaten with the head and guts still attached, what makes trout so special?

As long as the mother fish isn't watching, where's the harm?

Gust
06-23-2012, 09:08 PM
I guess you would bake a potato as the main course and deep fry the dinker triout like french fries,,, sort of a reverse on tradiitiional fish and chips.

bloopbloob
06-23-2012, 09:13 PM
Honest question, do some people eat the whole thing? That would make a little more sense to me for them to keep them. If it's just the flesh, then it's such a waste.

Cal
06-23-2012, 09:14 PM
I guess you would bake a potato as the main course and deep fry the dinker triout like french fries,,, sort of a reverse on tradiitiional fish and chips.

MMMM, you just reminded me that I have some left over potatos and a fresh walleye in the fridge. Havnt eaten supper yet and I was concidering just eating a bag of chips tonight but I think I've changed my mind.

I once watched an asian guy eat a pike on the bank of Coal lake. He caught it and threw the whole pike directly into a fire that he had going without gutting in. No word of a lie he then proceded to eat it using two slurpey straws as chopsticks... crazy.

Redfrog
06-23-2012, 09:22 PM
Honest question, do some people eat the whole thing? That would make a little more sense to me for them to keep them. If it's just the flesh, then it's such a waste.

When I was a lad in a land far from here, people from the U.S. would come to fish. They kept everything from a few inches on up. Any species including trash fish caught at the sewer outfalls. At that time the city had NO sewage treatment.

I asked about the fate of the fish and was told they were scaled or skinned [catfish] , beheaded, and boiled with onions. after ten minutes or so the pot was put through a strainer/colander and the larger obvious bones were fished out { see what I did there} and the fish was mixed with mashed potatoes and diced green onions and made into fish cakes that were fried in a pan of oil/butter.

SonnyJ
06-23-2012, 09:29 PM
When I was a lad in a land far from here, people from the U.S. would come to fish. They kept everything from a few inches on up. Any species including trash fish caught at the sewer outfalls. At that time the city had NO sewage treatment.

I asked about the fate of the fish and was told they were scaled or skinned [catfish] , beheaded, and boiled with onions. after ten minutes or so the pot was put through a strainer/colander and the larger obvious bones were fished out { see what I did there} and the fish was mixed with mashed potatoes and diced green onions and made into fish cakes that were fried in a pan of oil/butter.

I'll bet bamboo poles were involved..

bloopbloob
06-23-2012, 09:36 PM

Haha I know you're not referring to my post, but on that note, these guys have no rods, their line is tied to sticks, and throwing their bait out like a rodeo roper

Lefty-Canuck
06-23-2012, 09:38 PM
I guess thats why you need 30 of em....for 1 meal?

Let me guess there are 30 trout, so that means there are 6 individual anglers each with their own gear, each has their own rod, and they each caught and kept only the five per person they were allowed?

LC

Redfrog
06-23-2012, 09:40 PM

Why SonnyJ have you been reading my mail?:)

Redfrog
06-23-2012, 09:41 PM
Haha I know you're not referring to my post, but on that note, these guys have no rods, their line is tied to sticks, and throwing their bait out like a rodeo roper

Well there is a rodeo in Wainwright this weekend.:sHa_shakeshout:

SonnyJ
06-23-2012, 09:46 PM
Why SonnyJ have you been reading my mail?:)

Nah....but I seen it myself..

A 12 foot long bamboo pole with a big ole' bobber equals a bucket full of bluegill,crappie,pumpkinseeds and anything else that will bite the hook..:)

bloopbloob
06-23-2012, 09:48 PM
I guess thats why you need 30 of em....for 1 meal?

Let me guess there are 30 trout, so that means there are 6 individual anglers each with their own gear, each has their own rod, and they each caught and kept only the five per person they were allowed?

LC

My first count was off, 3 adult men fishing, 4 little girls running around. Was hard to keep track but got it figured out now. Limit of 5 here... So they can claim them as the kids i'm sure. Wish i could call RAP, but doubt it would do any good. Sad part is that this pond is aerated now, so if it wasn't pillaged, there could be some decent fish overwintering.... :angry3:

And a bird just pooped on my shoulder. Twice!! Just realized it was sitting on a wire above me! :angry3:

Lefty-Canuck
06-23-2012, 09:53 PM
My first count was off, 3 adult men fishing, 4 little girls running around. Was hard to keep track but got it figured out now. Limit of 5 here... So they can claim them as the kids i'm sure. Wish i could call RAP, but doubt it would do any good. Sad part is that this pond is aerated now, so if it wasn't pillaged, there could be some decent fish overwintering.... :angry3:

And a bird just pooped on my shoulder. Twice!! Just realized it was sitting on a wire above me! :angry3:

....there you go!

I have seen it a billion times....Dads fishing and claiming the kids limits. Even though the kids never touch the rod all day.....it is shameful actually.

When out in the boat fishing and my Son doesn't feel like fishing anymore we actuall reel in his line and put his rod away. Some of us try to teach our kids the "right" way....I think people like you mentioned would just leave as many rods out as possible and claim the fish and limit fpor all present fishing or not....

LC

Redfrog
06-23-2012, 09:54 PM

A 12 foot long bamboo pole with a big ole' bobber equals a bucket full of bluegill,crappie,pumpkinseeds and anything else that will bite the hook..:)

We had perch and rock bass and lots of carp and suckers.

That was the first time I saw someone open a can of what looked like little fingers and proceed to eat them. I was 5 or 6 and the can contained cocktail weiners. EeEEEEEuuuWWW!

Cal
06-23-2012, 10:05 PM

Fished like that plenty of times while visiting my grandparents in Michigan. Now thats fishing in its purest form IMO, even if you happen to be using a spinning rod its usualy just some hooks and a bobber or maby a handfull of mepps spinners. No tackle trunks stuffed with the latest and greatest, just enjoying the afternoon and getting a meal out of it, miss that sometimes.

Coho911
06-23-2012, 10:47 PM
If they are fishing illegally - Take some pictures (including the license plate) and call fisheries.

I have no problem making someone pay for lack of reading OR GREED/Disregard.

Speckle55
06-23-2012, 10:56 PM
yep will be eaten and enjoyed

plus its legal.. i at least call my kids;;

in the national park i bought them liciences = two fish

a trophy fish is in the eyes of the holder size means nothing

i have np with those anglers

David:)

blackpheasant
06-23-2012, 11:04 PM
Just sitting at the pond watching 3 people and 6 kids, (of no race or ethnicity:thinking-006:) filling up a stringer of trout, ALL of which are smaller than my big pike lures... At least 30 fish on there so far.... Makes me mad, but legal I guess. What happens to the fish? One mouthfull of meat out of each? Eat other parts too? Just seems so wastefull...

maybe its time to look for a new fishin hole ?

bloopbloob
06-23-2012, 11:13 PM
maybe its time to look for a new fishin hole ?

It is technically (with a stretch) legal. Just not something I enjoy seeing. That's all. Just sharing my frustration. Wish it wasn't this way, but sadly it is.

BeeGuy
06-24-2012, 01:06 AM

Who cares if they keep their limit.

Those stockers are going to get fished out anyways. Who cares who does it. A family of 10 is what they're their for. Sounds like the family is having a great day.

Why are you fishin a stocked pond anyways?

bloopbloob
06-24-2012, 01:21 AM

Those stockers are going to get fished out anyways. Who cares who does it. A family of 10 is what they're their for. Sounds like the family is having a great day.

Yes, They can keep them. That many, legally? No. the kids weren't fishing. But try proving that.... My main question is what happens to fish that small when people keep them? Honest question. And as for why I was fishing a stocked pond, I enjoy being outdoors, and fishing.

New2Fishing
06-24-2012, 04:26 AM
30 fishes 6" long eh? let me guess... these guys were asians!!! no i'm not racist, i'm asian myself... n no i would not do such things... but i know asians would do things like that then claim they speak no english n did not know of such laws.... blah blah blah... as for what they are gonna do with fish that small?? i would guess fish soup?....

pike_king780
06-24-2012, 05:25 AM

Everybody has a race or certain ethnicity whether or not you want to admit it... Pretty sad you can't even call it what it is anymore without being slandered as a "racist".. An ace is an ace and a spade is a spade is it not?!

Yéil
06-24-2012, 06:02 AM
Yes, They can keep them. That many, legally? No. the kids weren't fishing. But try proving that.... My main question is what happens to fish that small when people keep them? Honest question. And as for why I was fishing a stocked pond, I enjoy being outdoors, and fishing.

I quite often use smaller fish for a luncheon of poached trout. Or I pickle or smoke them. Not everything has to be super man-sized to be considered edible. :thinking-006:

Mutter87
06-24-2012, 06:52 AM
Trying to tell me these people were transparent?

Mariko's Rod
06-24-2012, 07:18 AM
Im assuming it is a stalked lake..........Id rather they didnt fish at all but since they do fish I guess id rather see them run off with sacs full of stalked trout rather than pillage our native ralley and rightfish pops.

Jimboy
06-24-2012, 07:27 AM
We used to fish west of okotoks years back with the fly rod , caught a bucket full of trout on a black knat fly , most were 6 to 9 inches , fried all up on the spot in a big 20 in skillit , man you never tasted anything that good.

billie
06-24-2012, 10:07 AM

You'll have to change your user name:).

bowness
06-24-2012, 10:08 AM

Taxes and fishing license fees pay for stocking (and some monies from other areas and groups). If they want to catch and eat small trout why not? As Beeguy says thats what those fisheries are about. They are often called "put and take" lakes.

I am hoping to do some culling of Brook trout for the supression program on some small streams to reduce this exotic species numbers and I will eat every one of those little tasty guys and I'm sure many of them will be small. Whats wrong with eating small fish???

Lefty-Canuck
06-24-2012, 10:14 AM
If those put and take trout are there to be fished out every year why even have rules and regs to govern those water bodies?

Allow barbs, don't have a limit, don't need a license, then all us folks who follow the rules and have kids who fish and still follow the rules would not complain so much.....

I would prefer they be C&R and then at some point down the road a guy could hammer a 6-7 lb plus rainbow in his back yard (so to speak).....thats more fun than catching 20X 6 inch fish.....to me anyhow.

If you don't want C&R then put in a size limit of 18 inches or over.....size limits would have little effect..... alot of people couldn't be bothered to bring a tape measure to check the length anyways.....

LC :)

Darren N
06-24-2012, 10:21 AM
If those put and take trout are there to be fished out every year why even have rules and regs to govern those water bodies?

Allow barbs, don't have a limit, don't need a license, then all us folks who follow the rules and have kids who fish and still follow the rules would not complain so much.....

I would prefer they be C&R and then at some point down the road a guy could hammer a 6-7 lb plus rainbow in his back yard (so to speak).....thats more fun than catching 20X 6 inch fish.....to me anyhow.

I 100% agree. If you don't govern these bodies it would be short of throwing a stick of dynamite and let everyone have a free for all, and then it's done. I have no issues with people taking "their own honest limit" it just would be nice if some of these fish can live a couple years. I remember the 6-7 lb catches alot more than the 20x 6 inch fish.

pickrel pat
06-24-2012, 10:38 AM
myself..... I get no satisfaction of fishing ponds/dugouts where a water truck rolls up and dumps a bunch of trout into it....... my kids like it though.... on the flip side there is probably 1000 dugouts within an hour drive of where you live and atleast half the owners would have no prob if you dumped some trout in their dugout and took the kids out to catch them, and its actually cheaper than you would think.

pikergolf
06-24-2012, 11:02 AM
I would like to see a system in place where somehow you pay for the fish you keep on top of a license. Alberta and especially down south has very few trout lakes, and to put fish in and have them caught a week later and cooked up makes no sense. Whether through allotments or tags whatever, but the fish are not free and cost to put in, kids are never to young to start thinking about conservation and there are naturally reproducing species that they can fish and keep to their hearts content. I understand this is a fish pond and I'm speaking more about lakes, but even ponds can only take so much fish removal. I don't get it, a limited resource and you keep it all and wish you could catch fish for the rest of the year? I think Albertans need a bit of a wake up on how good a fishing we could enjoy if we didn't treat it like a food source, which it can't be for all the people involved. I was talking to the Survey Team leader at Bullshead and she was surprised at how few people keep legal trout out of the lake, but that's what makes it great, if everyone kept every legal trout they could it would not take long to get them all because of the pressure. For quality fishing we need to make some changes, there are just not enough lakes in Alberta to go around.

Redfrog
06-24-2012, 11:12 AM
Don't confuse put and take ponds or dugouts with lake or river fishing.
The stocked put and take are there for a specific user group. they aren't meant to be managed as trophy fishery.:snapoutofit:

They can be used as classrooms for grandpas to teach grand kids the fine art of angling without being run over by a sea doo or water skier. There's a good chance of success and nothing gets kids hooked more than catching fish. you can show c/R methods or fire the BBQ.

I'm sure there are some seniors who enjoy a couple fried trout once in awhile. Maintaining a boat and going every weekend may not be a possibility for them. The ponds/dugouts offer a safe place to teach youngsters

They should be restricted to under 16 or over 65.

ogre
06-24-2012, 11:17 AM
From the read, I'm sure BloopBloob does realize the put-n-take functionality of the pond he's observing on. Plus he also realize the grey moral area existing where people are keeping limits from non participating members of their group. This thread was probably started as a rant, nothing much otherwise. Kudos to him for steering away from any race comment.

However, some can't resists...

30 fishes 6" long eh? let me guess... these guys were asians!!! no i'm not racist, i'm asian myself... n no i would not do such things... but i know asians would do things like that then claim they speak no english n did not know of such laws.... blah blah blah... as for what they are gonna do with fish that small?? i would guess fish soup?....

Just a friendly reminder to New2Fishing, there's no need to apologize for your Asian community, as most of us do realize that each person is responsible for his own action, no matter skin color or creed. Internalized Racism is just as damaging to a culture, I'd venture to say even more so than your typical "he's not the same" racism.

Back on to topic: The point of contention is that not everyone is fishing, although those who are actively fishing is keeping everyone's catch allowance. I hate seeing that too. So until the fishing regulations take that into account and rectify it, we'll share our sympathy for an abused resource.

Tight lines, ladies and gents.

pikergolf
06-24-2012, 11:27 AM
Don't confuse put and take ponds or dugouts with lake or river fishing.
The stocked put and take are there for a specific user group. they aren't meant to be managed as trophy fishery.:snapoutofit:

They can be used as classrooms for grandpas to teach grand kids the fine art of angling without being run over by a sea doo or water skier. There's a good chance of success and nothing gets kids hooked more than catching fish. you can show c/R methods or fire the BBQ.

I'm sure there are some seniors who enjoy a couple fried trout once in awhile. Maintaining a boat and going every weekend may not be a possibility for them. The ponds/dugouts offer a safe place to teach youngsters

They should be restricted to under 16 or over 65.

I realize this Red but, these little ponds only have so many fish too. So the family takes 30 and another family takes there limit etc. By Aug. this little fishing hole is fished out, and if everyone had shown a little restraint the little people could be enjoying a fishing hole right through summer holidays.
Nothing turns kids off more than no action, which by Aug. will be the rule as things are going now. I don't know maybe reduce the limit to two or three?

Redfrog
06-24-2012, 11:27 AM
The regs have already taken it into account. It is illegal to take someone else's limit. They are poachers. It's no more difficult than that.

ReconWilly
06-24-2012, 11:42 AM
I have to agree with Lefty on this one, sure those ponds are great places to take kids fishing close to home, but should one family be entitled to as many as they can catch?

What about the familes that obey the rules and regs? Should they be left to fish for the few straglers left behind by the familes who are teaching THEIR OWN CHILDREN how to circumvent the system?

The law CLEARLY states that there is a limit of 5fish/ANGLER, NO WHERE does it state that there is a limit of 5fish/NON ANGLING FAMILY MEMBERS.

I have ZERO problem with anglers keeping their regulated limits, i have a major problem with familes who teach their children how to poach.

Being a parent grants you no special rights to poach fish for dinner. In fact i would argue that parents have the greatest responsibility of all to teach their children the proper and legal way to fish, anything short of that is FAILED parenting plain and simple.

if one family can fish by the rules who the hell are you to teach your offspring that breaking the law is OK because daddy does it?

Marikos point is valid, imagine these horrible familes fishing out the Crow, the Livingston, the Highwood and the Sheep...RAP is invaluable if you want to have fishing opportunities past the immediate future.

pikergolf
06-24-2012, 11:43 AM
As for the race card I'm from SE Ab. and from what I see the problem is Sr's not "Asians". Bucket brigade, I swear some don't even enjoy fishing. Pulled up to Cavan one day in the early spring about 10 in the morning and met two old timmers hauling out there 20ltr pails. Looks like the fishing is good I said, yup we got our limit. Your leaving already?, yup we got our limit. So at most they got in a couple of hours and I have to think they were fishing for food as the fish were still bitting like crazy. Had another couple old timers stop me when I was getting dressed at Bullshead, they pulled into the parking lot and asked how the fishing was, I said I don't know haven't been out yet. We were at Michelle, oh yah and how'd you make out?, big smile, got our limit. Oh yeah, nice fish?, pan fries, want to see? Ok, now it's my turn to smile, pan fries is right. They then asked if I catch much at Bullshead and I told them ya, some days are good, some days I suck. lol They asked about the size and I told them, the one guy says, seems a waste of time if you can't keep them. Ya, some days I waste a whole day here.

BeeGuy
06-24-2012, 11:59 AM
Everybody has a race or certain ethnicity whether or not you want to admit it... Pretty sad you can't even call it what it is anymore without being slandered as a "racist".. An ace is an ace and a spade is a spade is it not?!

Trying to tell me these people were transparent?

Im assuming it is a stalked lake..........Id rather they didnt fish at all but since they do fish I guess id rather see them run off with sacs full of stalked trout rather than pillage our native ralley and rightfish pops.

Oh hey guys, there's a really interesting forum here where you'll find a lot of like minded people.

Link (http://www.aryan-nations.org/)

Redfrog
06-24-2012, 12:02 PM
Piker we are on the same page when it comes to the group hauling fish out of these ponds.
Charge them and make it less cost effective.

pikergolf
06-24-2012, 12:04 PM
Originally Posted by Mariko's Rod

Translation? google can't make it out either.

snortwheez
06-24-2012, 12:10 PM
I see it often here in Ontario with out of season eyes and bass.
And during the season they have NO respect on limits or size.....

BeeGuy
06-24-2012, 12:16 PM
I see it often here in Ontario with out of season eyes and bass.
And during the season they have NO respect on limits or size.....

You're not talking about Henry and Italo are you?

God bless,

beeguy

pike_king780
06-24-2012, 12:29 PM
Oh hey guys, there's a really interesting forum here where you'll find a lot of like minded people.

Link (http://www.aryan-nations.org/)

Stop being so raciallly sensitive, if a white guy was doing it, I'd say a white guy is doing it, if a african is doing it I'd say an african is doing it, if an asian is doing it than I'd say its an asian, etc... Again! call it what it is.. That's not racism. That's fact.. :argue2:

BeeGuy
06-24-2012, 12:32 PM
Stop being so raciallly sensitive, if a white guy was doing it, I'd say a white guy is doing it, if a african is doing it I'd say an african is doing it, if an asian is ing it than I'd say its an asian... Again! call it what it is.. That's not racism. That's fact.. :argue2:

Stop being racially insensitive.

You don't realize that someones race has nothing to do with being a poacher.

A poacher is a poacher is a poacher.

pikergolf
06-24-2012, 12:34 PM
Stop being so raciallly sensitive, if a white guy was doing it, I'd say a white guy is doing it, if a african is doing it I'd say an african is doing it, if an asian is ing it than I'd say its an asian... Again! call it what it is.. That's not racism. That's fact.. :argue2:

What differance does it make what the guys color is? Why not say a red shirted guy was doing it, come to think of it most guys I see that look a little dodgy all wear the baseball caps with the name of a feed co. on the front and all mesh in the back, ya that's them.

BeeGuy
06-24-2012, 12:35 PM
exactly

Redfrog
06-24-2012, 12:37 PM

I'd rather e called an Asian than a poacher,

BTW these threads like the put and take ponds are kind of small for trolling.

pike_king780
06-24-2012, 12:43 PM

Yah ok... I must be a crazy wicked "aryan guard" because I mentioned one thing about race, no I didn't slander the asians, africans, or any other race but heaven forbid anybody mention factually, respectfully anything about someones race.. If one of my fellow "aryans" as you stereotype us was poaching than I'd say the white guy was poaching, cmon people.. If I said ya those damn asians always are poaching maybe you'd have a legitimate arguement as that being racist. But my comments were in no way shape or form directed at any particular race or stereotyping any race either..

pickrel pat
06-24-2012, 12:51 PM
if you are reporting a poacher on the hotline would you leave out his race? probably not...... it does have bearing in a description....

Lefty-Canuck
06-24-2012, 12:51 PM

I think people take things the wrong way....

BG lets say you saw someone poaching and they were white guys with baggy pants and a knicks hat on sideways wearing glasses....you make a call to RAP.

How would you describe the perps?

What pike_king780 is saying that if you leave out race or colour or looks or what the person is wearing or other details.....then your description of the perps is less than accurate.

snortwheez
06-24-2012, 12:55 PM
You're not talking about Henry and Italo are you?

God bless,

beeguy

LOL!
Italo does fish in this area from time to time....

pike_king780
06-24-2012, 12:56 PM
I think people take things the wrong way....

BG lets say you saw someone poaching and they were white guys with baggy pants and a knicks hat on sideways wearing glasses....you make a call to RAP.

How would you describe the perps?

What pike_king780 is saying that if you leave out race or colour or looks or what the person is wearing or other details.....then your description of the perps is less than accurate.

THANK YOU p-pat and lefty, finally someone gets what I saying.

pikergolf
06-24-2012, 01:04 PM
I'd rather e called an Asian than a poacher,

BTW these threads like the put and take ponds are kind of small for trolling.

Nope a 9' fly rod with a little spinner on it, hold it out over the pond and start walking circles. lol Seriously, I read an article somewhere years ago, Infisherman I think, about this. Guys were fishing a dam face for spawning walleye, the dam was cement but had ledges on it, so the guys would pull out the correct amount of line and walk the dam trolling.

pickrel pat
06-24-2012, 01:11 PM
Nope a 9' fly rod with a little spinner on it, hold it out over the pond and start walking circles. lol Seriously, I read an article somewhere years ago, Infisherman I think, about this. Guys were fishing a dam face for spawning walleye, the dam was cement but had ledges on it, so the guys would pull out the correct amount of line and walk the dam trolling.

used to do that as kids in my hometown of manning when the water levels were low at the weir.

tacklerunner
06-24-2012, 01:45 PM
To clarify it is actually NOT legal to possess a limit of fish for any children or any licensed angler for that matter who are not actively fishing. Technically a fish which is caught counts toward the limit of the one who caught it and cannot be transferred to another's limit. Straight from the mounths of SRD.

Lefty-Canuck
06-24-2012, 01:55 PM
To clarify it is actually NOT legal to possess a limit of fish for any children or any licensed angler for that matter who are not actively fishing. Technically a fish which is caught counts toward the limit of the one who caught it and cannot be transferred to another's limit. Straight from the mounths of SRD.

X2....this is one of my biggest "peeves" is when this happens....pooling limits is a major strain on our fisheries whether they are "native" or "put and take".

LC

tacklerunner
06-24-2012, 02:16 PM
I agree Lefty. Put and take, native, pond or any regulated body of water... there's only 3 options:

1. Call them in and let the authorities deal with it.
2. Attempt to educate them (not the smartest thing to do at all).
3. Turn a blind eye.

While people are entitled to option #3, bear in mind it does nothing at all to solve the problem. In fact it encourages others to do the same.

No offence to the OP. In fact it's a great thread to get people thinking that maybe it is a bigger deal when you think of the whole scheme of things. Thanks for posting. If we don't tighten up on conservation now, even put and take ponds are going to diminish. If the perps continue this practice daily for example, and complete families can have that much of an affect on a pond, SRD's just gonna pull the plug on them anyways.

I all for more "kids only" ponds.

Lefty-Canuck
06-24-2012, 02:31 PM
I think making these ponds kids only would partially fix the issue....I personally think the best would be to make them catch and release for the major portion of the year. Only have a 1 or 2 month time frame where the limit PER ANGLER is reduced to 2 and 4 in posession.

LC

ReconWilly
06-24-2012, 03:47 PM
I am against age restrictions on pond fishing as a means of controlling the actions of grown A55 men and women.

This strategy punishes the majority of law abiding anglers, while increasing opportunities for groups that make up the minority of anglers.

We should be striving for equal opportunities for ALL, not catering to special needs groups of anglers, segregation hasn't been historically successful in any society as far as history reads to me.

I'm all for decreased limits on pond trout, a 2-3 fish limit in fact could provide extended opportunities to fish these ponds with success past a month or two past the stocking date, and three fish is more than enough for 1 person, especially if EVERYONE IS CATCHING THEIR OWN LIMIT.

Seasonal C&R release regulations is an interesting idea, however without a bait ban as well most of the gut-hooked mishandled juvenile trout would die anyways.

I'd like to see an investment in trying to make some of these ponds self sustaining, building protected artificial spawning areas for fish, this strategy has proven to be effective on small streams damaged by off roaders and industry.

Lefty-Canuck
06-24-2012, 03:50 PM
^^^^^^^^

I can agree with that...!

Except in trout ponds there is no sense in creating spawning habitat....they are sterile 2N and 3N fish from what I understand.

BeeGuy
06-24-2012, 03:50 PM
LOL!
Italo does fish in this area from time to time....

Does he still poach?

ReconWilly
06-24-2012, 03:52 PM
Does he still poach?

Does he drive a beige mini-van?:scared0018:

Lefty-Canuck
06-24-2012, 03:52 PM
DP......(double post sickos)

Guitarplayingfish
06-24-2012, 03:53 PM
I have heard of people taking fish like that and grinding them up (whole fish) and mixing with beef or something to make fish patties... sounds pretty nasty to me.

30 six inch fish is too much.. I'll bet you'd be hard pressed to find a big one in that body of water.

ReconWilly
06-24-2012, 04:00 PM
^^^^^^^^

I can agree with that...!

Except in trout ponds there is no sense in creating spawning habitat....they are sterile 2N and 3N fish from what I understand.

My point being would there be a need to stock sterile fish where self sustaining naturally spawning fish have taken hold? Those rainbows in the Bow figured out how to take hold, there has to be a better way to create self sustaining artificial fisheries.

Obviously not every prairie pond would be suitable, but places like Blood Indian and Chain Lakes south come to mind.

Expensive initial investment for long term returns in the form of eliminating the cost of growing and stocking annually....its a pipe dream i know, but some of us can see the big picture.

BeeGuy
06-24-2012, 04:09 PM
I have heard of people taking fish like that and grinding them up (whole fish) and mixing with beef or something to make fish patties... sounds pretty nasty to me.

30 six inch fish is too much.. I'll bet you'd be hard pressed to find a big one in that body of water.

fish cakes are awesome and a great way to prepare fish like barracuda which have crazy amounts of bones, especially when they are small.

BeeGuy
06-24-2012, 04:14 PM
Yah ok... I must be a crazy wicked "aryan guard" because I mentioned one thing about race, no I didn't slander the asians, africans, or any other race but heaven forbid anybody mention factually, respectfully anything about someones race.. If one of my fellow "aryans" as you stereotype us was poaching than I'd say the white guy was poaching, cmon people.. If I said ya those damn asians always are poaching maybe you'd have a legitimate arguement as that being racist. But my comments were in no way shape or form directed at any particular race or stereotyping any race either..

Well, the thing about calling "a spade a spade" is that no one has the cajones to call them it to their face.

the part highlighted in red is pretty much a biweekly thread here, so if I'm grouping you with other blatantly racist and completely ignorant good'ol white boys on the forum and I shouldn't be, my apologies.

Lefty-Canuck
06-24-2012, 04:25 PM
Well, the thing about calling "a spade a spade" is that no one has the cajones to call them it to their face.

the part highlighted in red is pretty much a biweekly thread here, so if I'm grouping you with other blatantly racist and completely ignorant good'ol white boys on the forum and I shouldn't be, my apologies.

Hmmmm.....trying to fight fire with fire?

2 rascists don't make an acceptist do they?

Maybe I am missing the point? I call a poacher a poacher to their face....

Why would I call an "asian" an asian to his/her face?.....I am pretty sure he/she has looked in the mirror once or twice and knows he/she is asian.... :)

Mariko's Rod
06-25-2012, 09:36 PM

what are you? what ever you are, I will call it to your face. pm me and we will meet up......if you have the cajones that is.

yours truly,

Ignorant good ol white boy.

isoseeker
06-25-2012, 10:23 PM
Beeguy is by no way a racist and is an ethical angler. I'm sure he has the cajones and many fellow anglers to back him up.

How stupid has this thread gone.

ReconWilly
06-25-2012, 10:32 PM
Beeguy is by no way a racist and is an ethical angler. I'm sure he has the cajones and many fellow anglers to back him up.

Agreed, imagine if everyone were color blind.

Settle down guys, you're on the:love0025: same team...

pike_king780
06-25-2012, 10:48 PM

:thinking-006: :rolleye2:

BeeGuy
06-25-2012, 10:54 PM
what are you? what ever you are, I will call it to your face. pm me and we will meet up......if you have the cajones that is.

yours truly,

Ignorant good ol white boy.

Mikeo2. I knew that was you.

DiabeticKripple
06-25-2012, 11:02 PM
its getting heated in here.

when im fishing with the family, and we are keeping eyes to eat, sometimes someone will catch 2 keepers and someone wont. we go out with 5 people, come out with 5 fish. everyone was fishing, some caught some didnt.

but we also have another 10+ people back at camp to feed so we need to limit out when we go out

BeeGuy
06-25-2012, 11:06 PM

when im fishing with the family, and we are keeping eyes to eat, sometimes someone will catch 2 keepers and someone wont. we go out with 5 people, come out with 5 fish. everyone was fishing, some caught some didnt.

but we also have another 10+ people back at camp to feed so we need to limit out when we go out

whoa boy!

splitting limits? that's poacher talk...

I've seen a couple other white people do that before too!

Thems be talkin all funny to, somethin about a flat of coors light on the branches of a spruce tree and billybobs terty odd. gone be a good night.

chubbdarter
06-25-2012, 11:09 PM

OH Boy.......................lol

Alberta Bigbore
06-25-2012, 11:10 PM
http://i895.photobucket.com/albums/ac153/mojobass/planedowninflames.jpg