PDA

View Full Version : Muir lake? Cardiff?...

Darren N
06-24-2012, 08:46 AM
I got the facts on Beaumont that it is algae growth they are fighting of which is why it is down for maint. Now I hear Muir (which is not shut down) has a layer of algae on it all from neighbouring houses that fertilize plus stuff going into the lake that is causing the problem. I have not been to muir for about a month. Can someone confirm this? Has anyone heard about Cardiff as well if they have the same problem or how the fishing is there?

waterninja
06-24-2012, 11:46 AM
was at cardiff twice this week. except for poppler fuzz the lake was very clean and clear. had a nice snack of wild strawberries there last night.

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
06-24-2012, 02:52 PM
I got the facts on Beaumont that it is algae growth they are fighting of which is why it is down for maint. Now I hear Muir (which is not shut down) has a layer of algae on it all from neighbouring houses that fertilize plus stuff going into the lake that is causing the problem. I have not been to muir for about a month. Can someone confirm this? Has anyone heard about Cardiff as well if they have the same problem or how the fishing is there?
That is the same issue with most lakes around that have huge Algae problems , Look at Pigeon Lake there was full page article about The Prov park where the Pooper tanks at dump stations were leaking into the lake .

was at cardiff twice this week. except for poppler fuzz the lake was very clean and clear. had a nice snack of wild strawberries there last night.

Thats defenetly one of the nice trout ponds around , theres also a couple others .

Lefty-Canuck
06-24-2012, 02:53 PM

Hopefully they will issue an no-keep/no-eat order for the fish in there.....some might live to hit 7 inches.... :)

LC