PDA

View Full Version : where can u find ling cod?

chironomidkraut
06-24-2012, 10:48 AM
looking to spearfish some ling cod but dont know where to go? i am thinking keho, oldman resivour, hope some peole can help a guy out with some locations

jacenbeers
06-24-2012, 10:52 AM
Spearfishing burbot is going to be tough. They arent a fish you see all too often in daylight or in shallow water.

slivers86
06-24-2012, 10:56 AM
agreed... burbot have dementia - they get nasty at sundown till sunup :)

tigerspride
06-24-2012, 11:14 AM
looking to spearfish some ling cod but dont know where to go? i am thinking keho, oldman resivour, hope some peole can help a guy out with some locations

you could try sylvan lake. i have not seen any out of there since last spring but the ones i seen then were over 8 pounds :)

TROLLER
06-24-2012, 11:31 AM

They are pretty much in all the res. around you. Just have to figure where in the lake. you know there are quite a few at Pine Coulee but they are not of any decent size.

Good luck with that.

BeeGuy
06-24-2012, 11:41 AM
Lots of burbs in the 2.5-3lb class at PCR.

jacenbeers
06-24-2012, 01:49 PM
Lots of burbs in the 2.5-3lb class at PCR.

There are tons of burbs in there. However, how would one go about spearfishing them? I just dont see it happening ever. Unless you are a super stealthy scuba diver.

Dust1n
06-24-2012, 01:56 PM
go to sylvan lake and take a small boat and sightfish around the beach and the waterslides. I see a few sitting on the bottom everytime im out but it is closed for fishing for a few more days

chironomidkraut
06-24-2012, 02:01 PM
it would be tough to spearfish pine coulee, i have scuba dived there befor and the water vizability is the shi*s how is sylvan for viz

ogre
06-24-2012, 02:14 PM
That sounds like a really challenging mode of fishing. Especially for burbots because I've never seen a burbot close to shore in shallow water, unless it is during a whitefish spawn, or similar.
On the other hand, Mr. Wayne Christie does bow fish for lake whitefish occasionally. Wonder if he'd ever caught a burbot similarly?

pickrel pat
06-24-2012, 03:34 PM
That sounds like a really challenging mode of fishing. Especially for burbots because I've never seen a burbot close to shore in shallow water, unless it is during a whitefish spawn, or similar.
On the other hand, Mr. Wayne Christie does bow fish for lake whitefish occasionally. Wonder if he'd ever caught a burbot similarly?

put on scuba gear and flippers, swim down to the bottom, spear fish. dont forget the spear/spear gun in the boat.

IHUNT
06-24-2012, 04:11 PM
Ive cought them by hand before in gregoir lake but the biggest one was about 12 inc's. Lots of them under big flat rocks along the shore line 1-2 feet of water.