PDA

View Full Version : Sawt

TROLLER
06-24-2012, 05:01 PM
Anyone hear what happened at the Ridge tourny?

Guitarplayingfish
06-24-2012, 05:36 PM
?

TROLLER
06-24-2012, 07:44 PM
Southern Alberta Walleye Tour tourny was held this weekend at Milk River Ridge Resevoir near Raymond

anyone seen any results yet?

TROLLER
06-25-2012, 08:14 AM
Btt

npauls
06-25-2012, 11:03 AM
Ya the fishing was slow and brutal during the tourney.

Me and my partner hooked 4 legals in the 2 days of prefishing before the tourney and thought we had a solid plan.

That all changed come game day and we goose egged the whole tourney. What a way to blow a very good opportunity at team of the year.

I am not to sure any of the results but I am sure they will be posted on the SAWT website in the near future.

I know there wasn't a ton of legals caught.

TROLLER
06-25-2012, 11:25 AM
Bad luck man. I hear the water was like dead calm on sunday no chop makes for a tough day of walleye fishn for sure.

npauls
06-25-2012, 11:33 AM
Ya on Friday night there was a pretty good rainstorm that came through during the night then some heavy winds in the afternoon on Saturday.

Saturday night there was a pretty good thunderstorm that rolled through in the middle of the night again and then dead calm all day Sunday with a low lying cloud hanging over the lake for part of the day.

We marked a ton of fish but everyone was picking up nothing but little fish. We tried dead sticking jigs, slow trolling lindys, and towing spinner rigs and everything produced the same thing. Nothing but little cigar sized eyes.

TROLLER
06-25-2012, 04:32 PM
You ever try that slow death troll? I find sometimes when everything has turned off that slow death with a crawler will sometimes generate a bite.

npauls
06-25-2012, 04:37 PM
yup had that on for awhile this weekend with nothing really taking it. I seriously think everything and anything that is normally tried for walleyes was being used by someone on the water this weekend with all of the results being pretty much the same.

It was just a really tough bite all around.