PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions please?

Blanka
06-24-2012, 05:11 PM
Hey guys

We had planned a camping trip up in the livingstone oldman area for the long weekend. I knew fishing would not be ideal as its is still a bit high but we were willing to roll the dice. But the forecast is looking bad the next few days and I doubt it's gonna be very fish able for July 1st weekend. just looked at racehorse creek flow chart it is running 30 CM-S

I am not much of a lake fisherman. Can you guys give me a few suggestions on a good place to camp and fly fish up on a mountain lake? Doesn't have to be stellar fishing. Just some good scenerary and good camping and maybe the odd trout.

Thanks

Guitarplayingfish
06-24-2012, 05:34 PM
Hey guys

We had planned a camping trip up in the livingstone oldman area for the long weekend. I knew fishing would not be ideal as its is still a bit high but we were willing to roll the dice. But the forecast is looking bad the next few days and I doubt it's gonna be very fish able for July 1st weekend. just looked at racehorse creek flow chart it is running 30 CM-S

I am not much of a lake fisherman. Can you guys give me a few suggestions on a good place to camp and fly fish up on a mountain lake? Doesn't have to be stellar fishing. Just some good scenerary and good camping and maybe the odd trout.

Thanks

Yeah, the conditions are definately not ideal right now... Drove through today and it is just a wet muddy mess haha.. I highly doubt the river will be fishable by this weekend judging by what I saw.

You could try Allison (Chinook) lake just outside of the pass.. Gotta get there early for campsites I would guess though, but its a nice little lake full of trout.

Beavauis is always a good option too, Brown trout and Rainbows... occasional sucker if your baitfishing.

I also believe Beaver Mines has a campground too, trout again.

Thats what comes to mind.. of course if you wanted to go further you could always go to BC and do Tie lake or somethin..

flyguyd
06-24-2012, 07:55 PM
You could camp up the Atlas and hike into Window Mtn Lake. Might still be some snow up there though. And you'll wanna bring your bear spray