PDA

View Full Version : Spray lakes...always skunked from shore...

happyfisher
06-24-2012, 10:40 PM
I fish spray with a pickerel rig and smelts cut in half and never get lucky. I had a friend who says he does it and never gets skunked. I wanna take the old lady camping in our pop-up but i also wanna fish from shore and actually catch something.

Im thinking about camping on the side across from the day use area....and fish from shore.....am i on the right track? is there a better campsite area to catch fish at spray?

I dont have a belly boat or anything......any help would be nice.....ill also tell u how i do when i get back and post pics if i catch something......

thanks

Happy

Gust
06-24-2012, 11:11 PM
I fish spray with a pickerel rig and smelts cut in half and never get lucky. I had a friend who says he does it and never gets skunked. I wanna take the old lady camping in our pop-up but i also wanna fish from shore and actually catch something.

Im thinking about camping on the side across from the day use area....and fish from shore.....am i on the right track? is there a better campsite area to catch fish at spray?

I dont have a belly boat or anything......any help would be nice.....ill also tell u how i do when i get back and post pics if i catch something......

thanks

Happy

I will send you a spot tuesday morning

tight line
06-24-2012, 11:20 PM
Headining there tommorow w/ boat... Will let you know of any action though!

happyfisher
06-26-2012, 04:37 PM
maybe ill just start paying people to tell me where fishing spots are....

:angry3:

TROLLER
06-26-2012, 06:19 PM
maybe ill just start paying people to tell me where fishing spots are....

:angry3:

Damn near impossible to catch lakers from the shore IMHO But if I was inclined to shore fish Spray I believe I would go towards the end of the campground and fish there.

aulrich
06-27-2012, 08:22 AM
What about fishing for rockies, I don't imaginge they go deep or else the lakers would have been eating them.

happyfisher
06-27-2012, 05:11 PM
my buddies says he did it.....maybe hes lying.........booooo.....

BeeGuy
06-27-2012, 05:13 PM
We saw a good sized rocky in 1 foot of water a week and a half ago.

They like mealworms and small hooks. They also avg about the same size of the lakers in there. 15-17".

kinwahkly
06-27-2012, 05:46 PM
Ive had luck as soon as ice is off half way down the lake on the rocks with a fly rod with sink tip.