PDA

View Full Version : cadomin fishing

snow-junky
06-25-2012, 01:01 PM
Hey, im heading out to the cadomin area this weekend. Ive never fished in the area and was wondering if there's any lakes to fish out of in the area as the rivers are still propably out of the question. Closest i could find is fairfax or millers lake, any help would be greatly appreciated!

McLeod
06-25-2012, 01:14 PM
Hey, im heading out to the cadomin area this weekend. Ive never fished in the area and was wondering if there's any lakes to fish out of in the area as the rivers are still propably out of the question. Closest i could find is fairfax or millers lake, any help would be greatly appreciated!

You can fish Muskiki..

RapStaff
06-25-2012, 05:06 PM
The Mcleod, Mary Gregg Lake, The Gregg river, The Embarrass

Get a copy of 1) the regs
2) backroads map book
3) a copy of Barry Mitchell's Alberta Fishing guide
Not to be confused with the Provincial regs

Do some hiking have some fun!

snow-junky
06-26-2012, 01:07 PM
thanks! ill give them a try

Speckle55
06-26-2012, 01:43 PM
remember Rainbows have to be released in rivers .. Fickle lake and Thunder lake...Ruby lake too .. also Lovett and Silkstone and the 3 pit lakes(50cm) special regs.. but i would not eat those fish (mine lakes) as they could have levels of Selenium/and effects of are unknown..right now no health warning for those lakes.. a 7# 9 Rainbow from them this year is biggest on our board.. www.Hintonfishandgame.ca

unless you are experinced Muskiki can be tough.. and you can only keep one cutthroat(40cm) and no bait.. 5 Brook Trout but harder to get

Mary Gregg is a walk and dirty water right now

your best bet is Fairfax and the campground is right there

David:)

snow-junky
06-27-2012, 07:39 AM
who doesn't love eating potentially hazardous fish lol!? Thanks though, all is appreciated!