PDA

View Full Version : Beware the launch at Angling lake

fitzy
06-25-2012, 04:54 PM
The launch at Angling lake has been repaired and is great right up until your trailer goes off the cement pads and into the 2 foot deep hole behind it. Someone must have gotten stuck but either way it makes for a trailer wrecker.
Spent a couple hours on the weekend replacing a tire and rim and straightening an axle last weekend on a Buddy's trailer.

This is Angling lake Beaver Lodge south of Cold Lake.

Worst part is I was at work all day and got to the lake just in time to spend the evening working on his trailer and missed the fishing.

ice
06-25-2012, 06:49 PM
Yeah that launch is terrible, I think someone dug that hole so they could launch a larger boat

bruin19
06-25-2012, 10:24 PM
How has the fishing been there? I've never been there and have wanted to try it out for awhile now.

fitzy
06-26-2012, 07:03 AM
Its one of my favorite lakes to take the kids, lots of pike no real size though. You've almost missed the window for easy fishing, the lake gets covered in green slime and makes it tough much past June.

RoguePiper
06-26-2012, 07:37 AM
Its always my go to lake when I need to catch a fish. Thanks for the heads up.

Is the water level up in the lake, or do you need to go out past the end of the blocks to get deep enough?

It will be interesting to see what happens to this lake over the next few years. One of the oil companies got approval to build a SAGD facility on the SW corner of the lake with a couple horizontal wells going under the lake.