PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Bass Opener.. 13+ hours on the water heres the results

ProFishermanJones
06-26-2012, 09:14 AM
From Dawn to dusk we fished on bass opener.
Went out on bass opener got out on the water at about 6:32AM and got off the water at 8:50PM
started in the shallows and didnt find any fish, just a nice gold fish out the cut, went out to some deeper water 10fow+ not too deep though, and started getting some nice smallmouth, i was using a purple and brown goby coffee tube and it worked wonders, lost lots of big heavy fish on hooksets that seemed to stragiten out my hooks! ended up with atleast 40+ nice fish, got a few small mouth in the 18.5-20 inche range and my first fish on bass opener a 20.5 inch smallie that weighted 3.75lbs , not much a belly on her though. also got a nice 20 inch large mouth, no real weight to it either, i believe it weighted 3.5lbs. my fishing partner also landed alot of nice fish on the fly out on the lake! also we got two double header small mouths and a nice pike on a big depth raider that took off through a hole in the net.
Here is the short video i threw together, hope you enjoy

here is the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8P9G0M7Oes

BeeGuy
06-26-2012, 12:54 PM
great vid

music went well with the slow-mo

ProFishermanJones
06-26-2012, 07:26 PM
i agree man im trying to make my videos more like this and a little less fishy.. if ya know what i mean aha! thanks for the kind words outdoorsmen forum!

Alberta Bigbore
06-26-2012, 07:55 PM
Dang...that is some great footage and put together very well.

You are making me miss Manitoba and Ontario. Next to Catfish fishing...Bass fishing is where its at.

ProFishermanJones
06-26-2012, 09:46 PM
Thanks man! i agree catfish fishing ranks high up there! bass fishing is super fun though! thanks for the kind words

ProFishermanJones
06-29-2012, 04:57 PM
figured i would post this, my friend who i was fishing with on bass opener was fly fishing the whole day! check out this video of some of the fish he put in the boat on the feathers!! pretty awesome i must say.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uns_ESoGQhw

FisherGrrrl
06-29-2012, 05:38 PM
wow great video :) was fun to watch!