PDA

View Full Version : Lac des Arcs

duaner
06-26-2012, 11:35 AM
Hey there anglers! I am heading to Lac des arcs with some buds for a camping/fishing trip, gonna be a lot of newbs and we all have spinning gear. Any good suggestions for places in the area? Any info is appreciated!

Dust1n
06-26-2012, 11:46 AM
There has been topics on this lake and apparently it freezes to the bottom and is so shallow you can walk across it. Id give gap lake, or Grotto a try!

uplander
06-26-2012, 11:48 AM
Try the Bow and grotto pond there's also gap lake and spray. Fishing isn't the best around there but you'll catch some fish forsure at grotto (it's stocked if you want to keep a few for a snack), Spray has lakers and whitefish mainly it's not the easiest to fish but if you catch one it will probably be big. You can shore fish it because the lake drops off rather fast after the shoreline. The bow will have some nice pools all along the stretch from hwy 1 downstream there's tons of log jams you won't catch a whole lot but there are a few massive browns if your lucky. Gap Lake is kind of on the otherwise of lac DES arcs, it has big browns and whitefish it's basically an overflow of the bow. Head up into the park and give minnewanka a try!

BeeGuy
06-26-2012, 12:43 PM
Hey there anglers! I am heading to Lac des arcs with some buds for a camping/fishing trip, gonna be a lot of newbs and we all have spinning gear. Any good suggestions for places in the area? Any info is appreciated!

when is your trip?

conditions are really poor right now

duaner
06-26-2012, 04:09 PM
thanks, we are heading out there this weekend, I figure water might be a little high and silty but its better than working ;)