PDA

View Full Version : wabamun lake walleye?...

Graffy91
06-26-2012, 12:06 PM
Is there walleye in Wabamun?

Noticed on the sign by boat launch yesterday that it lists 4 species, Pike, Perch, Whitefish, and Walleye.

I know the 0 keep limit, but I'm really curious if there is walleye in there, as I've never heard of it till now...

:confused:

Lefty-Canuck
06-26-2012, 12:34 PM
Is there walleye in Wabamun?

Noticed on the sign by boat launch yesterday that it lists 4 species, Pike, Perch, Whitefish, and Walleye.

I know the 0 keep limit, but I'm really curious if there is walleye in there, as I've never heard of it till now...

:confused:

Yup several have been caught this year.....many were put in the lake last year....

LC

t3metro
06-26-2012, 04:19 PM
I watched F&W release a couple hundred 1-2 pounders at the Wabamun launch last Monday. And I landed a 26" while trolling on Friday. So I think its a good sign for the future.

Graffy91
06-26-2012, 04:37 PM
I watched F&W release a couple hundred 1-2 pounders at the Wabamun launch last Monday. And I landed a 26" while trolling on Friday. So I think its a good sign for the future.

Well that definitely makes me happy, and it should be a 0 Limit lake, that will just mean great growth, and a bright future. :D

nekred
06-26-2012, 04:43 PM
Saw a whole bunch out there earlier this month... the water was actually clear and run into a school of them and saw they were walleye.... could not get one to bite though!...

caught some large pike however

fishinggeek
06-26-2012, 04:49 PM
Iv caught one last year and one this year. Don't expect to go out and target them yet, and have much luck. Give the lake 2 or so years for them to start getting repopulated, iv heard this lake used to hold up to 14lbers back in the day:sHa_shakeshout: