PDA

View Full Version : Inflatable boats

ujqx
06-26-2012, 06:39 PM
Just wondering what the Zebec boats are like, and if there are better ones out there.

bdub
06-26-2012, 06:47 PM
Zebecs are good. Zodiac is top of the heap though, but you pay thru the nose. Depends alot on what you are using it for. I have a Zodiac with a 40 horse prop on it. A friend has a Zebec about the same size with a 40 horse jet. The Zodiac travels thru the water much better. Both have an inflatable keel.

fishmania
06-26-2012, 09:12 PM
X2 for the Zodiac
Cost more very high quality
I never felt safer in a boat as I do in my Zodiac

ujqx
06-27-2012, 08:20 AM
Thanks for the info.

Marsha
06-27-2012, 10:51 AM
I have a Zebec Neplus with a captains seat added, I find it works very well. Also for service I have found Ron at Zebec to be very easy to work with and any time I have had a quote they have been right on....:sHa_shakeshout:

http://illusioncomputers.ca/134_0702/IMGP0504.JPG

Fowl Life
06-27-2012, 10:58 AM
I have a Zebec Neplus with a captains seat added, I find it works very well. Also for service I have found Ron at Zebec to be very easy to work with and any time I have had a quote they have been right on....:sHa_shakeshout:

My buddy from work has one, exact same set up, we use it quite a bit, I would defiantly buy one, thing is awesome, light, durable. He seta swivel chair at the back and a little platform at the front, perfect for 2 people. deep cycle battery and monkota trolling motor works great.

F L

Rikkles Fisher
06-27-2012, 11:07 AM
How much was juthe boat alone? It's very neat, does it pack up small enough to fit in any car trunk?

Marsha
06-27-2012, 11:41 AM
everything fits in a case weighing about 75 ibs and goes in the trunk easy with room for motor and battery, this picture is missing the swivel seat but I have one and it was a great addon. This boat cost me 1200 bucks and as far as I am concerned its worth it.
You inflate this boat to recommended 3.5 psi and it is firm as can be, sitting on the tubes and moving around in this boat is as stable as can be :test:

Cal
06-27-2012, 12:47 PM
everything fits in a case weighing about 75 ibs and goes in the trunk easy with room for motor and battery, this picture is missing the swivel seat but I have one and it was a great addon. This boat cost me 1200 bucks and as far as I am concerned its worth it.
You inflate this boat to recommended 3.5 psi and it is firm as can be, sitting on the tubes and moving around in this boat is as stable as can be :test:

How long is that boat?

billie
06-27-2012, 03:02 PM
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=131430&highlight=inflatable

Here's another thread for you.

My 380HD Seamax is rigged with 20HP merc, 50# troller, powered winch, fishfinder, high back seats and rod holders.

GL

Marsha
06-27-2012, 04:11 PM
My neplus is 9' long rated for 3
up to 6hp
I have a 35 lb motor and she makes a nice speed.:test:

sheephunter
06-27-2012, 04:14 PM
Zebecs are good. Zodiac is top of the heap though, but you pay thru the nose. Depends alot on what you are using it for. I have a Zodiac with a 40 horse prop on it. A friend has a Zebec about the same size with a 40 horse jet. The Zodiac travels thru the water much better. Both have an inflatable keel.

Not all Zodiacs are created equal. They have a lower priced line out now, that is definitely not close to the quality of the original boats. You need to be careful which one you are buying.

I've had a Zebec for a couple years now and it's been great. We've done several fly-ins with it with no issues at all.

camshaft
06-27-2012, 06:59 PM
A lot better choices for about 1/2 the cost of a zodiac/zebec out there. Almost all all made in the same plant and rebranded these days. Have had Saturn and been impressed and now have a 12.5 seamax hd380 also with a 20 hp. Love it, great combo....

sheephunter
06-27-2012, 07:02 PM
A lot better choices for about 1/2 the cost of a zodiac/zebec out there. Almost all all made in the same plant and rebranded these days. Have had Saturn and been impressed and now have a 12.5 seamax hd380 also with a 20 hp. Love it, great combo....

Not sure all are made in the same plant. Seams, UV resistance and additional rock gravel guards set the better brands apart from the cheapies. The cheap ones may well do the occasional user fine but the quality difference makes a huge difference after a few years of use. Really depends on the use it will see.

bdub
06-27-2012, 07:27 PM
Not all Zodiacs are created equal. They have a lower priced line out now, that is definitely not close to the quality of the original boats. You need to be careful which one you are buying.

I've had a Zebec for a couple years now and it's been great. We've done several fly-ins with it with no issues at all.

We never had issues with the Zebec either. They are good as well and I can't speak for the cheaper Zodiacs. The one I have is quite old and has seen a pile of use but is still great. We found with the Zebec and a good load in them they tended to porpoise in the water as you got on step unless you had them pumped up super hard. The bigger pontoons also seemed to make them harder to manuover than the Zodiac especially in the rivers.

prosnowsk8er
06-27-2012, 08:45 PM
Seamax HD 360, i run a 55 minnkota traxxis, with a deep cell battery.

Ace
06-28-2012, 05:59 AM

Hi Marsha. How did you mount your rod holder? I have a Saturn inflatable and looking for something like this.

Thanks
Ace

Marsha
06-28-2012, 02:27 PM
My transom is solid marine plywood so I bolted to it using Acorn nuts to protect the rubber against any rubbing, I have since mounted another rod holder to the seat so I have another on the opposite side