PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some help.... or someone to fish with.

Fowl Life
06-27-2012, 10:42 AM
I just moved to Innisfail from Nova Scotia few months back, and I am looking for some good fishing, other then the ones eaten brown pellets all their life. I have watched Alberta fly fishing back home for years on TV, now I want to experience it. Tried fishing Stauffer, and Raven caught a few, nothing spectacular out of like 5 trips lol. Also fished Beaver lake and Feista (both stocked) fun fishing, but want to get a better experience. Also fished upper Clearwater this spring, caught one little bull, though grateful as it was my first bull trout, I would love to find some more.

Don't mind a good hike to go fishing, as that is all that is available back home to catch some decent trout. I have belly boat and lots of ambition, although I prefer back woods gorge type fishing (mainly all I did back home).

So just wondering if there is any knowledge some would like to pass down, or available for a personal guided trip or something, always in for an adventure. Got a truck if needed or take the car, either or.

Thanks
Fowl Life.

Speckle55
06-27-2012, 11:32 AM
Fowl.. the best way is to rent a guide in your area .. just once.. to get the learning curve down abit and give you the basic's for the river or water you want to fish

also join your local fishing club usually there is one or two anglers who teach/or take others out and the locals who know are there or are known by club members.. we have a few Master Anglers in our club

What type of angling do you want to do?

How far are you willing to travel to fish?

What type of fish do want to key on?

David:)

Fowl Life
06-27-2012, 11:46 AM
Fowl.. the best way is to rent a guide in your area .. just once.. to get the learning curve down abit and give you the basic's for the river or water you want to fish

also join your local fishing club usually there is one or two anglers who teach/or take others out and the locals who know are there or are known by club members.. we have a few Master Anglers in our club

What type of angling do you want to do?

How far are you willing to travel to fish?

What type of fish do want to key on?

David:)

Thinking that might be the only route, Might try and see what Bob Edens charges, I work with him and just bought my new BVK from him.

I fly fish, traveling not so much a concern don't mind a 2-3 drive for a day's fun.

Back home all we have are some Browns, Brookies, rare rainbow. Like to hook onto a few big bulls and cut ties, as the sizes here can be much greater then what we get back home, well other then salmon.

Just didn't want to spend a fortune for a day of fishing.

fishman
06-27-2012, 12:50 PM
Thinking that might be the only route, Might try and see what Bob Edens charges, I work with him and just bought my new BVK from him.

I fly fish, traveling not so much a concern don't mind a 2-3 drive for a day's fun.

Back home all we have are some Browns, Brookies, rare rainbow. Like to hook onto a few big bulls and cut ties, as the sizes here can be much greater then what we get back home, well other then salmon.

Just didn't want to spend a fortune for a day of fishing.

If you work with bob u got all the help u need i have know bob for 30 years....he knows the area very well........i love to fish big brookies and big browns......big browns are rare and the big brookies are seasonal

Rikkles Fisher
06-27-2012, 01:03 PM
You don't need a guide I could help you out with some spots around there I know of give me a pm, I'm not a pro by no means but I have fished that area for 5 years now and know a few holes.

Fowl Life
06-27-2012, 02:07 PM
You don't need a guide I could help you out with some spots around there I know of give me a pm, I'm not a pro by no means but I have fished that area for 5 years now and know a few holes.

PM sent!

Fowl Life
06-27-2012, 02:13 PM
If you work with bob u got all the help u need i have know bob for 30 years....he knows the area very well........i love to fish big brookies and big browns......big browns are rare and the big brookies are seasonal

Bob is great, I hit him up all the time at work for some information. excellent guy and very knowledgable. The only problem is when he starts telling me stuff I need a voice recorder to remember it all lol, Life would be great if there were 20/20 Memory.

fish gunner
06-27-2012, 02:35 PM
feel free to pm I live abt 20 min south of you location. got a few years under my belt in the area. more than happy to share a few spots that may be what your looking for.

Fowl Life
06-27-2012, 02:49 PM
feel free to pm I live abt 20 min south of you location. got a few years under my belt in the area. more than happy to share a few spots that may be what your looking for.

PM sent, thanks