PDA

View Full Version : Dickson Trout Pond

Walleyed
06-27-2012, 02:43 PM
Hey guys,

I was just wondering about Dickson Trout Pond. I went there last tuesday and they were closed off to the public due to the oil spill. Does anyone know if it has opened up? I went down there that day cause I read that it was still open on one of these thread. Upon arriving, I was told by the workers there that it was closed due to the spill.

Would hate to drive down there again to find out its still closed. Any info would help.

Thanks,

Fowl Life
06-27-2012, 10:13 PM
Still closed up, was out fishing Beaver tonight, and remembered seeing your post earlier i thought I would check it out......

Still closed off.

Sorry
FL

Walleyed
06-28-2012, 11:40 AM
Thanks FL for going out of the way to check it out. It definitely saved me a drive from Calgary. Hope it opens up soon, I was having some luck there with the rainbows before the incident.

Cheers,

Fowl Life
06-28-2012, 11:52 AM
You can fish Beaver for the rainbows as well, not so plentiful from shore but if you got a belly boat your laughing, as I was last night. its only another 15 mins from dickson.

FARNORTH
06-28-2012, 12:55 PM
According to the Calgary Herald the Dickson trout pond is supposed to be open this weekend.

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/alberta/Gleniffer+Lake+will+open+Canada+long+weekend/6855601/story.html

fish gunner
06-28-2012, 01:07 PM
You can fish Beaver for the rainbows as well, not so plentiful from shore but if you got a belly boat your laughing, as I was last night. its only another 15 mins from dickson.

hillards east of olds holds similar sized fish to the trout pond. minis the brooders. 15 minutes from spruce veiw to beaver may be a bit of a little over zealous. hope that helps.

Dgirl
06-28-2012, 01:07 PM
Thanks for the Herald article. I see there's a do not consume advisory. The RockyView Mountain Gazette listed it as closed with a Tourism Alberta contact for more info.

Hillards, last year, had terrible black spot in the 11-13" trout. Haven't been back since the fall. Has it cleaned up any?

Fowl Life
06-28-2012, 02:18 PM
hillards east of olds holds similar sized fish to the trout pond. minis the brooders. 15 minutes from spruce veiw to beaver may be a bit of a little over zealous. hope that helps.

Haha yeah prob so.... tend to get a little heavy footed in the new VW when it comes to fishing

Walleyed
06-28-2012, 03:23 PM
Thanks again for all the suggestions, I'll definitely be sure to check out both beaver and hillards. I really apperciate all the help. I usually hit the bow, but with all the rain this year, it is really hard to do.

Thanks again,

TROLLER
06-28-2012, 06:07 PM
Just heard on the news that Glennifer is open except by Dixon point so I don't know if they feel that could also effect the pond

Calgaryguy1977
06-30-2012, 08:31 AM
So can anyone confirm if its open or closed today?
Thanks!

Calgaryguy1977
07-02-2012, 08:40 AM
Any word on this? Is it open now? Anybody know?

mchapple
07-02-2012, 09:17 PM
I'd like to know as well... I'm sure lots of people would... Drove by there today on my way back from Sylvan and was wondering.. I'd like to try it out, haven't been there before. You'd think someone would know?

johnboy27
07-02-2012, 11:16 PM
The pond was open to shore fishing this weekend just not too any motorized boats.

EastCoastFisherman
07-03-2012, 04:15 PM
I was there Sunday and the pond was still closed not to sure if it opened sense then