PDA

View Full Version : Westcoast Outlook

fishpro
06-27-2012, 04:13 PM
So what's the outlook for the summer up around Prince Rupert and Terrace? I've been reading some reports of slow fishing, is it just a late year or is there a small run this year?

Jamie
07-01-2012, 01:33 AM
Fish, though the fishing is not up to it's usual over the top excitement, we here at Great Pacific have managed to do our best to keep on top of the fish.

We are seeing the DIY guys struggling and some of the charter guys are having a tough time of it as well. However those that truly hunt fish have happy guests leaving.

Though I always want more for our guests, all are leaving with huge smiles and a boat load of memories.. Along with a good amount of suppers!!

It seems to have picked up with us nailing a 51 pounder today along with a Tyee and full limits for all the boats on the water.

Friday night saw us with a personal quick trip for a late tide (Approx 30 minutes from the Lodge). My Son brought in a 26 pounder, Dad caught a 20 and I caught 2 at 24. This was in about a 3 hour window.

No matter what, a trip is always a great trip with Great Pacific Salmon Lodge. Come on out and give us a try.

Jamie

Scott h
07-02-2012, 12:21 PM
I'm not sure what the fishing is like in Rupert , but a few miles west at Masset their are a ton of fish. We've been getting lots of chinook action and yesterday the coho were so thick we couldn't fish more than one rod. So far it's looking very good.

Jamie
07-02-2012, 12:50 PM
I'm not sure what the fishing is like in Rupert , but a few miles west at Masset their are a ton of fish. We've been getting lots of chinook action and yesterday the coho were so thick we couldn't fish more than one rod. So far it's looking very good.

Fantastic!!! All those Skeena fish will be here in a few days!!!
Jamie

Scott h
07-03-2012, 05:26 PM
Yah Jamie I'm sure a fair few of these fish are headed up the Skeena and it's tribs. So far the fishing's been pretty dam good over here. The winds turning and tomorrow is supposed to be a 10 knot south east so we're going to try pick up a few more halibut and springs in the A.M.

flatshooter
07-04-2012, 10:25 PM
One more vote for the fishing near Masset. Here is a pic of the catch of the day on June 11th this year. We managed to boat this 90lb Hali using 25lb test on a mooching rod. note the bent harpoon. Thanks to Paul and Cynthia Clough at QCL.

Jamie
07-05-2012, 12:30 AM
Yah Jamie I'm sure a fair few of these fish are headed up the Skeena and it's tribs. So far the fishing's been pretty dam good over here. The winds turning and tomorrow is supposed to be a 10 knot south east so we're going to try pick up a few more halibut and springs in the A.M.

From all reports, they have started to show up. Today saw boats hitting upwards of 40 fish. Unfortunately we were in a change over day/maintenance day and missed the action. But, tomorrow sees us with all 3 boats loaded with guests.

Great group here as well. It's a mix of family and friends. Ages from 13-70.
They are loving the private lodge environment and all the comforts that it brings.

Jamie

Scott h
07-05-2012, 05:32 PM
We fished from 11:30 til 3:00 yesterday but between the wife and I, we took home 2 halibut 2 springs and 4 coho. Their is TONS of bait around right now and it's brought the fish in with it. This morning we had coffee and cinnamon buns on the beach and went dip netting for crabs . Time to go fire up the BBQ and boil up my dinner:sHa_shakeshout: