PDA

View Full Version : Muddy water fly question?????????

Gust
06-27-2012, 07:33 PM
So I tried fishing the other day and the water (if you could call it that,,, I don't even think it had the viscocity of water anymore,, anyhoo) was like a DQ malt. However, fish were picking off creeper bugs and stunning sized fish ta boot.

Now I don't like foam but I want to make a bug that floats but it needs to be really dry fly in appearance, with tinkerbell sized wings and when I strip in the line it will be extremely slow, inch flicks,, it's gotta be leggy too, colour isn't really all that important but think like, uhm, those big mosquito eaters that look like really big mosquitos,, it needs to be spindley, like an original thought by Stephen Harper, and I'm talking stripping line back soooo slow that it should be literally 5 minutes between casts....

So what can I tie?

chubbdarter
06-27-2012, 07:42 PM
use a big brassy brassy brassy spoon

Gust
06-27-2012, 07:50 PM
use a big brassy brassy brassy spoon

Hahahahahaha,,, the brass was ok for a bit but then it was like a blender mixing snickers bars, nothing could flash but the fish kept pickin away at the surface, pickin away at spindley, creepy, thin bugs.

greylynx
06-27-2012, 08:02 PM
Gustav:

Use Czech method with Polish condom fly.

The Charlie Brooks method will not even work in the mountain soup.

Kerplop and boing boing..............boing

Remember the fish are hungry, but can not see you.

Gust
06-27-2012, 08:28 PM
Gustav:

Use Czech method with Polish condom fly.

The Charlie Brooks method will not even work in the mountain soup.

Kerplop and boing boing..............boing

Remember the fish are hungry, but can not see you.

I wish there was a hook where the shank was jointed but would become rigid on a strike,,, it could be done but would be stunningly pricey.
I'm going to make a brassy, spindley, creepy top water lure and I'm going to call it, a, I'll call it??????????????????? A name, I need a name, hmmmmm?????

Got it!!!

Stephen Creepy Crawly Harper

uplander
06-27-2012, 08:37 PM
Foam bodied crane fly pattern sounds like it would work?

greylynx
06-27-2012, 08:57 PM
i wish there was a hook where the shank was jointed but would become rigid on a strike,,, it could be done but would be stunningly pricey.
I'm going to make a brassy, spindley, creepy top water lure and i'm going to call it, a, i'll call it??????????????????? A name, i need a name, hmmmmm?????

Got it!!!

Stephen creepy crawly harper

greylynx
06-27-2012, 09:14 PM
Gustav:

You do not want to name a fly after a politician. They are all shysters.

You want to name a fly after a selection of music.

Have you been nipping on those schnapps you made last February?

Gustav: snap out of it.

Gust
06-27-2012, 09:42 PM
I will name it after what a composer called a movement,,, I.e., there are; largo, vivace, molto vivace, passionata. Alfred shnitke, named a movement to one if his compositions, "Agitato", as in agitated, which I think a lot of fisherfolk are feeling right now,, I am determined to not let the mud win. Usually I like it muddy, but, more briney and less stew like.

greylynx
06-27-2012, 10:08 PM
Excellent idea Gustav: Bravo

wildcat111
06-27-2012, 10:17 PM
try using mallard or teal flank, natural in color, go with a sz 12 or 10 dry fly hook, make a mayfly out of it, you should be able to find something online but if you can't give the guys at fishtales in calgary a call, they showed me how to do it years ago, when i did use them they worked really well, unfortualy for me the summers are really busy, i do most of my fishing in the spring and fall, so nymphs it is. i was fishing the bow about a week ago maybe 8-10 inches of visibilty, used a sz 10 flashback bh haresear, tied in 4 rubber legs about an inch long, landed 12 fish the other guys didn't have any luck, give it a try.

Gust
06-27-2012, 10:36 PM
try using mallard or teal flank, natural in color, go with a sz 12 or 10 dry fly hook, make a mayfly out of it, you should be able to find something online but if you can't give the guys at fishtales in calgary a call, they showed me how to do it years ago, when i did use them they worked really well, unfortualy for me the summers are really busy, i do most of my fishing in the spring and fall, so nymphs it is. i was fishing the bow about a week ago maybe 8-10 inches of visibilty, used a sz 10 flashback bh haresear, tied in 4 rubber legs about an inch long, landed 12 fish the other guys didn't have any luck, give it a try.

Thank you.

I made a crawly looking bug and slim too, not too foamy,, I know I have them figured out.