PDA

View Full Version : undoing back lash thoes that dont Know watch this

stinkynuts
06-28-2012, 08:15 PM
I never seen this trick before so I thought I would share it Next time my Baitcaster Back lashes I am going to try this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDI5kwR5zjc

WayneChristie
06-28-2012, 08:29 PM
dodger posted a link to one of these vids not long ago, and fortunately I watched it. guess what, it works! :sHa_shakeshout: cut most of my line off last time, this time tried the method and saved it all

RapStaff
06-28-2012, 08:54 PM
Does this trick work for braid as well?

stinkynuts
06-28-2012, 08:57 PM
I dont see why Braid woulb be different I would think it will work

bwackwabbit
06-28-2012, 08:59 PM
It sure does! But as with most things it's not 100% effective. To save cutting line I keep a couple of the smallest crochet hooks I could find in the tackle bag. Find the snag in the spool and they pick it out 100% of the time.

Cheers.

WayneChristie
06-28-2012, 09:03 PM
I used on 80 pound suffix 832. works great, just took a while

bobalong
06-28-2012, 09:03 PM
You will eliminate virtually all backlash if you start your cast low and swing your rod upward when you cast. The lure will go upward pulling the line off the spool until the momentum is gone, the lure then falls into the water, with no momentum left to backlash your reel.

densa44
06-29-2012, 07:35 AM
I wish I had know that years ago. Back lashes are why I gave up bait casting.

tonypower
06-29-2012, 07:40 AM
Me too. I spent more time cutting line off the reel than I did fishing. Maybe I will give it another shot.

Alberta Bigbore
06-29-2012, 08:05 AM
You will eliminate virtually all backlash if you start your cast low and swing your rod upward when you cast. The lure will go upward pulling the line off the spool until the momentum is gone, the lure then falls into the water, with no momentum left to backlash your reel.

good advice Bob.

The trick in the video does work....and its better than cutting up your line when it does happen. My Shimano Chronarch is set so good I barely have to use my thumb anyways lol. Good reels, just bought. Second one and looking for a third.

Geezle
06-29-2012, 09:33 AM
good advice Bob.

The trick in the video does work....and its better than cutting up your line when it does happen. My Shimano Chronarch is set so good I barely have to use my thumb anyways lol. Good reels, just bought. Second one and looking for a third.

I don't *need* it, but there's a pretty good chance that there's going to be a new reel and possibly a new rod to go with it in my somewhat near future. All your talk about this Chronarch really has me considering getting one.

Of course for about the same money I could also be looking at a 200 size Calcutta...:thinking-006:

Alberta Bigbore
06-29-2012, 09:45 AM
the Chronarch is just a Curado with a pretty face , a extra bearing or two.. And more money.

Geezle
06-29-2012, 09:47 AM
the Chronarch is just a Curado with a pretty face , a extra bearing or two.. And more money.

I have a friend who can get me a deal on some Shimano gear...I figure it's a chance to get something that would be a little beyond my budget normally. :)

It looks like the Curado might be available in a 300 size...could make a pretty spiffy pike reel. Then again, so would the Calcutta :evilgrin:

Alberta Bigbore
06-29-2012, 11:29 AM
I have a friend who can get me a deal on some Shimano gear...I figure it's a chance to get something that would be a little beyond my budget normally. :)

It looks like the Curado might be available in a 300 size...could make a pretty spiffy pike reel. Then again, so would the Calcutta :evilgrin:

ya.. I've got a Curado 300 on a St Croix Mojo Musky rod, and it is a sweet sweet reel. But the Calcutta's are great for the round look. If u need to try a Calcutta out let me know.

Another reel to look at is the Diawa Luna. I have a couple of them on catfish rods for when i fish the Red River in MB... But the 300 size with the clicker. and this is if your into the round look over low profile.