PDA

View Full Version : Alford Lake and Beaver Lake

Calgaryguy1977
06-29-2012, 08:18 AM
Anyone know if these lakes can be fly fished from shore? Can you expect decent action or do you need a boat to fish them properly/decent? would it be similar to Dickson?
Thanks in advance guys!!
Cheers

fish gunner
06-29-2012, 08:33 AM
beaver has some access to fish from shore, cant speak of alford. olive cronimids have done well on small fish. no big ones for me yet, hope to hit it hard this weekend . any thing over 14 " seems to be a little tougher to hook. I will be fishing from the green hillbilly deluxe fiber glass flat bottom. say hi if we row past. newfe and a scots man we kind of stick out beside the catalog models.

Calgaryguy1977
06-29-2012, 09:15 AM
beaver has some access to fish from shore, cant speak of alford. olive cronimids have done well on small fish. no big ones for me yet, hope to hit it hard this weekend . any thing over 14 " seems to be a little tougher to hook. I will be fishing from the green hillbilly deluxe fiber glass flat bottom. say hi if we row past. newfe and a scots man we kind of stick out beside the catalog models.

Thanks man! I will be sure to give yo u a holler if I see you .....im originally a Newbie so maybe we can speak in east coast slang! Albertan now for 10 years but I still speak fluent newfanese.

That said, I think I may head out there today or tomorrow or both. I just want some nice trout action and theres a good chance dickson may not be open by this afternoon although I read its slated to be up and running this weekend.

Are there brooders in both lakes that youre aware of? And do the people on shore do ok there normally?

edmutv
06-29-2012, 09:30 AM
Was at beaver yesterday afternoon for a bit . caught a few. I have heard of people having decent luck from shore right by the picnic tables. Here is a pic of the best one from yesterday. Probly see you out there sometime this weekend.

Calgaryguy1977
06-29-2012, 09:31 AM
was at beaver yesterday afternoon for a bit . Caught a few. I have heard of people having decent luck from shore right by the picnic tables. Here is a pic of the best one from yesterday. Probly see you out there sometime this weekend.

nice!
how will I know its you.....will you be the one catching all the fish? LOL

edmutv
06-29-2012, 11:07 AM
nice!
how will I know its you.....will you be the one catching all the fish? LOL

LOL!! probly not but ill be havin fun. Probly be runnin in an orange boat. Trust me its hard to miss