PDA

View Full Version : Columbia River Walleyes In Canada

Winch101
04-08-2008, 12:21 PM
Anybody on here been to the columbia river . in BC for walleyes .

Any info as always appreciated ... W101

SuCraM
04-08-2008, 12:50 PM
Wow I dint even know there were walleye in the Columbia river. I do fish Columbia lake from time to time as a family member has a nice cabin right on the lake and all I have caught out of there so far are rainbow trout.

gage251
04-09-2008, 06:56 PM
I am heading to Columbia lake this June...are there walleye in there? Would LOVE to know.

thumper
04-09-2008, 08:29 PM
The only walleyes in the Columbia River are a long ways downstream of Columbia Lake!
From just downstream of Castlegar through Trail to the U.S. there's a pretty good seasonal walleye fishery. The guys from Splitshot guide for them there:
http://www.split-shot.com/

spaded
04-10-2008, 12:15 PM
Ive fished there 3 years in a row...
July 21st to the 26th...

smokin smokin hot there,
we head up to the old fairy launch by castlegar.

dunk the book in there and basically work that same side all the way down to the dam.

that dam can be pretty intimidating but apperantly there are some big walleye hiding in there, and if you get past the line they will let you know.

let me know if you have any other questions and ill do my best to help.

love that area, 8-10 pound walleye out there no problem,

good luck

abhunter8
04-10-2008, 07:54 PM
If your fishin' in the trail area. Let out a little extra line on the bottom in the deep holes and hang on as you will hook into some huge Sturgeon. Went on a guided fishing trip for Sturgeon with Split Shot Charters years ago and it was awesome. Unfortunately they shut down the sturgeon fishery a couple years later and apparently you are in alot of trouble if you are even caught fishing for them?

savagewsm
04-10-2008, 08:02 PM
As a kid I fished from shore around the Waneta dam in Trail were the Pend' oriel river feeds into the Columbia. We caught a pile of walleyes there and I here that you still can. So if you don't have a boat give it a shot.