PDA

View Full Version : common courtesy well boating,fishing

BGSH
06-29-2012, 01:54 PM
When fishing in a canoe,12-14foot boat or any boat for that matter i always wonder why i see the jet skies and speed boats ripping by those fishing close to the shoreline in there boat or canoe when the jet skiers and speed boaters have the whole lake, at Wab for example when leaving the provincial park boat launch some speed boaters go way more then the posted speed of 10 under the bridge there, just wondering is it a commonsense thing or is it fun to go close to a small fishing boat full speed or is it like a game? anyone else ever have this problem.

BeeGuy
06-29-2012, 02:02 PM
There is an inverse relationship between horsepower and intelligence.

jryley
06-29-2012, 02:03 PM
This kinda correlates to why i can barely
Stand heading down to the river in devon. Every reject with a sea doo and boat think they own the water around the immediate boat launch

bb356
06-29-2012, 03:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIlwleKAWr0&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PLC40402E4E962768F

SnoochyBoochy
06-29-2012, 05:18 PM
some boaters are so in love with themselves and their fancy toys that they are completely blind to the outside world and the people therein. Its kind of how my 6 yr old views the world.

Cheers
Snooch :acigar:

outandabout
06-29-2012, 05:31 PM
Have the same problem at Travers Res to:mad0030:. I think everyone should start with a canoe...atleast for a weekend to just see what its like when a wake boat comes full speed towards you then at the last minute turns. My little 14' gets a bit tippsy when others are idiots.
Then of course you get the finger since your in THIER way:thinking-006:

Sloughsharkjigger
06-29-2012, 06:42 PM
there is an inverse relationship between horsepower and intelligence.

yup!!!

tysonlazo2
06-29-2012, 07:29 PM
bgsh i was out in bc trout fishing and a jet boat came so close at such a high speed if i dident turn into the wake it would of swamped us water was poring over the bow i got soaked

ogre
06-29-2012, 09:38 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIlwleKAWr0&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PLC40402E4E962768F

Ummm... Am I looking at an example of artificial intelligence?
Kidding...:scared0018:

Smokey
06-29-2012, 10:24 PM
I like casting at Jetskiers. One day I'll get one. I see it as a challenge.

chubbdarter
06-29-2012, 10:34 PM

as opposed to the intelligence of the person entering waters where its recieves alot of high horse power traffic......there is safer waters for canoes to part take in their activity safely. Who nuys a 200+ horse power boat to putt around a lake at paddle speed.

Obviously my stand is Be responsible for yourself before you rely on others to act responsibly, it ups your chances of reaching my age.

Lots of jelousy here i believe in this thread.......i call every guy in a Lambo with a big lunged redhead riding shotgun a idiot as he passes me at 150kmph in 3rd gear......oh yaaa he's a Idiot all right.......duhhhhh

Gust
06-29-2012, 10:44 PM
Report the recklessness as you would a poacher, its your duty.

pikergolf
06-29-2012, 11:08 PM
as opposed to the intelligence of the person entering waters where its recieves alot of high horse power traffic......there is safer waters for canoes to part take in their activity safely. Who nuys a 200+ horse power boat to putt around a lake at paddle speed.

Obviously my stand is Be responsible for yourself before you rely on others to act responsibly, it ups your chances of reaching my age.

Lots of jelousy here i believe in this thread.......i call every guy in a Lambo with a big lunged redhead riding shotgun a idiot as he passes me at 150kmph in 3rd gear......oh yaaa he's a Idiot all right.......duhhhhh

I guess I should just stay home.:argue2:

FishlessFool
06-29-2012, 11:12 PM
Would have made more sense to have posted this in the boat and leisure craft forum.

Ken07AOVette
06-29-2012, 11:14 PM
If you are towing someone the best place is in the calm water, it sucks kneeboarding across chop. I like sharing the lake with everyone, but without fail boats will follow the shore all the way around the lake we frequent, keeping a good distance apart and staying out of the 100' no wake zone, and invariably some one will pull out in a little 12' boat right in front of us, then finger wave and bitch because 'he has fished there for 16 years'.....

It goes both ways.

pelada trochu
06-30-2012, 12:06 AM
[QUOTE=Ken07AOVette;1501031]If you are towing someone the best place is in the calm water, it sucks kneeboarding across chop. I like sharing the lake with everyone, but without fail boats will follow the shore all the way around the lake we frequent, keeping a good distance apart and staying out of the 100' no wake zone, and invariably some one will pull out in a little 12' boat right in front of us, then finger wave and bitch because 'he has fished there for 16 years'.....

. You wake boarders want a giant wake and lots now want to surf behind. Then you want to do it along shore where we fish. We never fish in the middle of the lake. Gomake your 4 foot wake out there. You might think your dioing us a favour on your 100foot gap when the lake is over5000 feet wide.

davegrant
06-30-2012, 07:30 AM
You can see the arrogance on both sides just by reading these posts. The lack of common courtesy nowadays is getting disgusting just try launching your boat at Calling/Pigeon or Wabuman on a weekend if you take more than 2.58 minutes someone is swearing / yelling or slashing your tires. How many posts have you made Shawn where you say that should have punched the guy out or throw him in the river. Nobody owns the lake or their particular
spot on shore the only thing needs changing is attitude and the only part each of us can change is our own. R.E.S.P.E.C.T.

Society's going to Hell !!!:argue2:

Gordoats26
06-30-2012, 07:53 AM
If your fishing on a weekend get up bright and early. Let the wake boarders have the lake in the heat of the day go fishing again after dinner thats my routine everyone has a right to enjoy our waters

lone wolf
06-30-2012, 07:55 AM
Unfortunately common courtesy, like its close relative common sense ...... well, it just isn't that common any more.

Geezle
06-30-2012, 08:18 AM

As a guy who has a small 12' aluminum tub, this is kind of how I look at things.

Last year I just had the electric motor on it. One long weekend I was stupid enough to try to take it out on Wab as it was a beautiful day. Well after an hour or two of all the boats ripping around, and jet skis flying past us, it was decided that Wab on a long weekend wasn't the time/place for the tin boat. We packed up, headed to a much smaller lake, and proceeded to have a great day fishing :)

After that I did hit Wab once or twice more while I had the electric, but I made sure I did it in the middle of the week when the lake is quieter.

I've got a gas motor now, so I can get around better, but there's still no way that I'm going to take the tinner to Wab this weekend. I'll find myself a nice quiet out of the way spot on the river instead :)

There's water enough for everybody, but for those of us with smaller boats, we need to be a little more aware of what we're getting into.

50/50
06-30-2012, 08:20 AM
Every boat has those registration numbers on them .. If you feel they are they are driving recklessly , take a video of the boat and numbers.

Its a simple solution.

Lefty-Canuck
06-30-2012, 08:24 AM
Here is a good story from yesterday....

I was out fishing completely alone wading in some shallows with the fly rod looking for some pike.

A car drives up and parks and watches me for a few minutes....i caught a couple little guys. Then he get out and starts fishing.....30 yards away.....thats cool.

I catch another fish....I release it.....start casting again with my back to shore and I here a plop....10 feet from me.

I turn around and the guy is standing DIRECTLY behind me on shore....right in my back cast lane.....

Then the guy asks me...."Catch anything?" LOL.....I said yah, "I am just slaying them tonight but these fish are really smart they don't swim close to shore where casters fish.....they swim further out where the waders and fly fisherman can get too...." :sHa_sarcasticlol:

The 2 funny things are he saw me catch 4 fish and asks if I caught any....AND he sets up shop right behind me while I am fishing when the entire shore line is completely empty....

Rant over....

LC

Ken07AOVette
06-30-2012, 09:33 AM
[QUOTE=Ken07AOVette;1501031]If you are towing someone the best place is in the calm water, it sucks kneeboarding across chop. I like sharing the lake with everyone, but without fail boats will follow the shore all the way around the lake we frequent, keeping a good distance apart and staying out of the 100' no wake zone, and invariably some one will pull out in a little 12' boat right in front of us, then finger wave and bitch because 'he has fished there for 16 years'.....

. You wake boarders want a giant wake and lots now want to surf behind. Then you want to do it along shore where we fish. We never fish in the middle of the lake. Gomake your 4 foot wake out there. You might think your dioing us a favour on your 100foot gap when the lake is over5000 feet wide.

My kids don't wake board, they kneeboard. Don't you fishermen look out on the lake before you paddle out? If it is a small lake with 15 speed boats having fun maybe you should pick a different lake.

pelada trochu
06-30-2012, 07:01 PM
[QUOTE=pelada trochu;1501072]

My kids don't wake board, they kneeboard. Don't you fishermen look out on the lake before you paddle out? If it is a small lake with 15 speed boats having fun maybe you should pick a different lake.

small lake huh... maybe us fishermen should plug that sucker up with little tinners. go make waves when its windy!!! im serious your never gonna win this one with me. all day today everyone was kind and slowed down when passing me in their 22' wake boats. they went by off plane nose up and made 31/2 foot waves to rock me to sleep. just go by at 40mph its easier. but if you go by within 20' dont be suprised if you get a rapala in your mouth. if you go by close enough to get a rapala in the mouth you deserve it.

fyi, whens the last time you went out in a 12' tinner. those people have kids and deserve a safe boating experience too.

fishnfoo
06-30-2012, 07:53 PM
I was fishing on Wab last year with my kid. It was the middle of the week and there were few boats on the lake. We were in a 14ft fishing boat and were fishing for pike in the weeds. We were no farther than 20 yards from shore. I had a jetski come near us and then did a complete 360 around us going right into the weeds. The driver of the jetski was not a kid. I would guess he was about fourty. My boy who was 13 at the time said "what a tool". I guess that sums it up. This is something that is difficult to report unless you chase the person to get registration info. It realy is not worth the effort because you can't cure stupid. :snapoutofit:

I think that jetskis and ski boats should stay away from fishing spots. Period. In general, I think there is a lack of awareness from most of the "water ski" crowd. I tend to avoid big lakes on peak moron days.

conehead
06-30-2012, 08:09 PM
[QUOTE=Ken07AOVette;1501255]

small lake huh... maybe us fishermen should plug that sucker up with little tinners. go make waves when its windy!!! im serious your never gonna win this one with me. all day today everyone was kind and slowed down when passing me in their 22' wake boats. they went by off plane nose up and made 31/2 foot waves to rock me to sleep. just go by at 40mph its easier. but if you go by within 20' dont be suprised if you get a rapala in your mouth. if you go by close enough to get a rapala in the mouth you deserve it.

fyi, whens the last time you went out in a 12' tinner. those people have kids and deserve a safe boating experience too.

I'm guessing a f&%k off would be in order,I fish churchill river every year and troll by every canoeist when They come around the bend.If u go out in small boat on a big boat lake what do u expect.heavy equipment usually has right of way,Small boats wine about big boats,does it ever end. if ur in a canoe does that give u right of passage over me. I don't think so. When I come around the corner in 8" of water in my jet boat if u think I'm gonna slow down u have a another thing coming. 6' of water I will troll by u. big boat,,small boat gives u no more privelages than myself.

Cal
06-30-2012, 08:20 PM
I have both a canoe and a decent sized boat and I see both sides. However, when I am fishing from my boat it is an eazy thing for me to go wide around smaller craft. When I'm in a power boat I have the whole lake to enjoy, why not let the smaller craft enjoy the fishing spots closest to the launch in peace? I bought a power boat so I could fish further spots, the difference between running 100 yards from shore and 400 yards from shore is quite litteraly minuits for me. Its so easy I would have to be a complete azzhole to not show them this simple concideration, to come up with the opinion they should just change lakes? That level of arogence is completely beyond my comprehension, shame on you.

Cal
06-30-2012, 08:25 PM
edit

CBintheNorth
06-30-2012, 08:32 PM
[QUOTE=pelada trochu;1501651]

I'm guessing a f&%k off would be in order,I fish churchill river every year and troll by every canoeist when They come around the bend.If u go out in small boat on a big boat lake what do u expect.heavy equipment usually has right of way,Small boats wine about big boats,does it ever end. if ur in a canoe does that give u right of passage over me. I don't think so. When I come around the corner in 8" of water in my jet boat if u think I'm gonna slow down u have a another thing coming. 6' of water I will troll by u. big boat,,small boat gives u no more privelages than myself.

Actually, the law would disagree with you.

pelada trochu
06-30-2012, 08:45 PM
make sure you read the posts. this quoted by me stuff is getting confusing and wrong.

when you have a 100,000.00 swamp boat you have the time and ability to go around a guy and his kid in a 12' tinner.

simple, show the same respect you expect back.

if you think you deserve more right of way than a canoe your wrong all day long. look honey a canoe. he better move out of the way of my 60mph speed boat or he is going to get soaked.

same thing happened friday in town, big brain dude in a lifted diesel truck leaves the light making a huge cloud of black smoke. laughing and smiling all the way.

BeeGuy
06-30-2012, 09:48 PM

Great post conehead.

Case in point.

Lefty-Canuck
06-30-2012, 10:01 PM
Big boat.... small boat.

Big car.... small car.

Big Wife.... small Wife

Why can't we all just get along??

LC :)

pelada trochu
06-30-2012, 10:21 PM
Big boat.... small boat.

Big car.... small car.

Big Wife.... small Wife

Why can't we all just get along??

sure. would love to. golden rule, love others as you love yourself.

notice i never said get off my lake.

pelada trochu
06-30-2012, 10:33 PM
not to beat a dead horse....

but a swamp boat going by 30 yards from a fishing boat, with 1/2 mile on the other side, is like a dirt biker ripping across the green just before your about to putt!!!

that analogy is right all day long 7 days a week.

http://www.boatus.com/foundation/guide/navigation_4.html

the above means you must give way to the weaker vessel. best example. you must avoid an unmanned boat at anchor. duh... so you better avoid the tinner in a 12' boat and he/she better respect the rules about which vessel should give way.

the only exception is if you think the queen mary in a river should have to give way to your tinner. as below.

First and foremost, you have to avoid larger vessels that can only travel in a channel. Even if your vessel is operating under the rules otherwise, you must give way to a boat that could potentially run aground or get into a collision if they
left the channel

this last bit doesnt mean swamp boats on a lake, it means barges going down a river.

bobalong
06-30-2012, 10:56 PM
[QUOTE=conehead;1501715]

Great post conehead.

Case in point.

LOL

outandabout
06-30-2012, 11:11 PM
I have NO problem what so ever moving closer to shore when the bigger boats start coming out around noon...I will share the lake just like many others....Its the morons that FOLLOW me...almost chasing me into the shore line that I have no respect for.
The guys in the tinnies are out for fishing with the families/friends...just as the wakers...
BUT YES, WHEN IDIOTS START THREATING THE SAFETY OF MY FAMILY I WILL GET ****ED OFF AND DO THE MAGIC FINGER WAVE.......:fighting0030:

BlackHeart
07-01-2012, 12:23 AM
I am very courteous to canoes. I usually allign myself 90degrees to them......this keeps the wake balanced and on either side of them....so after I have gone past, there is zero rocking of their boat...:):):):sHa_sarcasticlol: I like to share the lake with smaller boats and this way they can get a much bigger share of the lake.

With the jetski guys, I try to up the adrenaline rush for them....I try to catch them and do a quick 90 in front of them, which will give them a chance to try out that in air 360 they have read about. Most haven't practiced enough....so I feel that I really helping them catch up on that twisting in air thing.

Now the small tinners...they have no shade or cover....gotta get perdy hot.....a high speed pass usually throws up enough water to give them a good cooling mist....and a lit extra....ever notice how when your feet are cool, your cool???....I try for about 6 inches for them....that way their cool for a good long day on lake.

As for the other power boats,....if I make sure they understand just how under powered they are.....I like to run em down and get to that fishing spot first....evolution baby.......time to upgrade or be degraded.......I think the sense of economic competition makes them much more focused come Monday at work.

So you see, when I'm on the lake, everybody wins.:sHa_

Oh! Almost forgot about the tube floaters and shore fly fisherman. The tubers, I use like Slalom pilones....makes it very thrilling for them and wakes them up....cause drinking n tubing n dozing off is dangerous.....but for the few every year that clunk the boat, that's Darwin....shoulda worn a helmet.

As for the fly guys.......well we all know a high percentage are gay or stuck up yuppies, so I if I can snag a few 2K rigs an outting, it pays for half my gas.

See you on the water.....

sureshot
07-01-2012, 01:59 AM
I can't believe the ignorance in some of these posts it make me sick. After my experience on wabamun last year in my 12' I've purchased a deterrent. You try to swamp me I will be ringing steelies of the side of your boat or jet ski. You want to endanger my life I will damn well make sure it costs you.

Our society is going to hell in a hurry, all it is, is a me me me attitude with everything. As sportsmen we should be sticking together not attacking each other. This mentality will be the down fall of all of us. Big boat equals little d@&k. This is one of the reasons the antis get more results than we do cause at least they stick together. Maybe a few of you that figure you own the lake should give your head a shake and wake up.

Andy

Ken07AOVette
07-01-2012, 11:40 AM
[QUOTE=Ken07AOVette;1501255]

It is Clear lake, east of wainwright. It has been known as a play lake for 50 years. Go hard. I have never in my life gone 20' from anyone else while in a ski boat. Maybe all you old guys in the tin boats should think of your kids instead of just yourselves and take them out playing once, they may enjoy it. It is true some children enjoy sitting on a plank on a $49.00 tin boat with a 4.5 merc puking smoke all day long, and some may enjoy tubing, skiing, kneeboarding, wake boarding, bare footing, air chairing, etc behind a nice comfortable ski boat.
I have both by the way, if I am in the mood to go to a small pond and fish by myself, I take the aluminum.
My dad was the cheap guy with the tin boat, I never had the opportunity to see if I enjoyed water sports, I gave my kids the chance to make up their own mind.

You best be careful out by yourself in your tiny tin boat, if you hit the wrong person in a ski boat with your rapala they might go right over top of you.

Just FYI, when I go by it is half a mile away.

I can't believe the ignorance in some of these posts it make me sick. After my experience on wabamun last year in my 12' I've purchased a deterrent. You try to swamp me I will be ringing steelies of the side of your boat or jet ski. You want to endanger my life I will damn well make sure it costs you.

Our society is going to hell in a hurry, all it is, is a me me me attitude with everything. As sportsmen we should be sticking together not attacking each other. This mentality will be the down fall of all of us. Big boat equals little d@&k. This is one of the reasons the antis get more results than we do cause at least they stick together. Maybe a few of you that figure you own the lake should give your head a shake and wake up.

Andy

I have both a tin and ski boat, your penis analogy is as stupid as your threat to harm or endanger another intentionally with a slingshot. After I feel or hear the 'steelies' you can guarantee someone is going to be spitting teeth. I have met you, who do you think will limp away from that one?
When the slingshot does not work are you going to patrol wabamum with a shotgun?

sureshot
07-01-2012, 12:05 PM

It is Clear lake, east of wainwright. It has been known as a play lake for 50 years. Go hard. I have never in my life gone 20' from anyone else while in a ski boat. Maybe all you old guys in the tin boats should think of your kids instead of just yourselves and take them out playing once, they may enjoy it. It is true some children enjoy sitting on a plank on a $49.00 tin boat with a 4.5 merc puking smoke all day long, and some may enjoy tubing, skiing, kneeboarding, wake boarding, bare footing, air chairing, etc behind a nice comfortable ski boat.
I have both by the way, if I am in the mood to go to a small pond and fish by myself, I take the aluminum.
My dad was the cheap guy with the tin boat, I never had the opportunity to see if I enjoyed water sports, I gave my kids the chance to make up their own mind.

You best be careful out by yourself in your tiny tin boat, if you hit the wrong person in a ski boat with your rapala they might go right over top of you.

I have both a tin and ski boat, your penis analogy is as stupid as your threat to harm or endanger another intentionally with a slingshot. After I feel or hear the 'steelies' you can guarantee someone is going to be spitting teeth. I have met you, who do you think will limp away from that one?
When the slingshot does not work are you going to patrol wabamum with a shotgun?

Grow up. I'm done with this forum, this is the reason this forum is going to hell.

Andy

Ken07AOVette
07-01-2012, 12:23 PM
[QUOTE=Ken07AOVette;1502291]

Grow up. I'm done with this forum, this is the reason this forum is going to hell.

Andy

Because someone does not agree with you at every rant or hold your hand while you whine?

There are different opinions that are going to surface in an open forum, and there is the possibility that they do not align with yours. You better get used to it.

Cal
07-01-2012, 12:34 PM

Theres a few ignorant remarks flying around from both sides here but your arrogance is sickening. I dont even know where to start. I'm not going to whine and threaten to leave but the attitudes on here can be very troubling at times and I can see why some guys get real sick of it.

Lefty-Canuck
07-01-2012, 12:37 PM
Theres a few ignorant remarks flying around from both sides here but your arrogance is sickening. I dont even know where to start.

I think everyone needs to just get outside and enjoy the outdoors....and make an effort to try not to run over anyone on the way to the lake or on the lake....:)

LC

Ken07AOVette
07-01-2012, 12:44 PM
[QUOTE=Ken07AOVette;1502291]

Theres a few ignorant remarks flying around from both sides here but your arrogance is sickening. I dont even know where to start. I'm not going to whine and threaten to leave but the attitudes on here can be very troubling at times and I can see why some guys get real sick of it.

Arrogance? Wtf are you talking about? Did you not read the part where I said I have a tin boat that I use in the small ponds?

BeeGuy
07-01-2012, 12:44 PM

x2

this is why we have nascar and domestic sports carts

Lefty-Canuck
07-01-2012, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeGuy

x2

LOL....thats awesome.

You just "X2'd" your own quote....well done! This will start a new trend!

BeeGuy
07-01-2012, 12:46 PM
[QUOTE=Cal;1502333]

Arrogance? Wtf are you talking about? Did you not read the part where I said I have a tin boat that I use in the small ponds?

I only saw the part where you have never done anything wrong in your life.

Beyond reproach ftw.

BeeGuy
07-01-2012, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeGuy

LOL....thats awesome.

You just "X2'd" your own quote....well done! This will start a new trend!

Haha, I hope so!

Just to clarify, I'm right and y'all are wrong.

Do you know how big my fists are? They're like pickle jars full of fury.

Ken07AOVette
07-01-2012, 12:54 PM
[QUOTE=Ken07AOVette;1502343]

I only saw the part where you have never done anything wrong in your life.

Beyond reproach ftw.

Never said that, nice twist though. Next you back peddle, lose that one, throw a couple more insults, and spin it 360. Carry on.

Alberta Bigbore
07-01-2012, 01:09 PM
http://i895.photobucket.com/albums/ac153/mojobass/planedowninflames.jpg

Alberta Bigbore
07-01-2012, 01:34 PM

LOL.......... one of the Biggest mistakes in sizing up a fight....... Thinking that being bigger with a bigger reach will mean you will whoop the others butt. Never under estimate your opponent, no matter how big you are. One day poor judgment will end up with even the biggest person on the floor picking up his own teeth. Its the way life works.

:)

The egos and tempers I see on this thread can be checked at the door.... Carry on

Cal
07-01-2012, 01:52 PM
Haha, I hope so!

Just to clarify, I'm right and y'all are wrong.

Do you know how big my fists are? They're like pickle jars full of fury.

LOL... Pickle jars of fury! Thats awesome!

YeeHaw
07-01-2012, 03:26 PM
Damn, way to much trash talk on here, maby everyone should meet at Wab and everyone can slug it out, ant the last person standing can run his or her boat, jet ski, canoe, or log raft the way they want to. As for slinging steelies at boats coming way to close to a smaller vessel, I think that would be a great wake up call for the offending operator. I know I have almost been swamped a few times, and would love to get the *****holes attention. And if anyone tried taking out my teeth, they better have an army.

pikergolf
07-01-2012, 03:31 PM
x2

lol you must be bored.

BeeGuy
07-01-2012, 03:43 PM
lol you must be bored.

ya was taking a break from haying the lawn

pikergolf
07-01-2012, 03:53 PM
ya was taking a break from haying the lawn
Me too, bored that is.

Except where Rules 9, 10 and 13 otherwise require:

(a) A power-driven vessel underway shall keep out of the way of:
(i) a vessel not under command,

(ii) a vessel restricted in her ability to manoeuvre,

(iii) a vessel engaged in fishing,

(iv) a sailing vessel.

(b) A sailing vessel underway shall keep out of the way of:

(ii) a vessel restricted in her ability to manoeuvre,

(iii) a vessel engaged in fishing.

(c) A vessel engaged in fishing when underway shall, so far as possible, keep out of the way of:

(ii) a vessel restricted in her ability to manoeuvre.

(d) (i) Any vessel other than a vessel not under command or a vessel restricted in her ability to manoeuvre shall, if the circumstances of the case admit, avoid impeding the safe passage of a vessel constrained by her draught, exhibiting the signals in Rule 28.
(ii) A vessel constrained by her draught shall navigate with particular caution having full regard to her special condition.

(e) A seaplane on the water shall, in general, keep well clear of all vessels and avoid impeding their navigation. In circumstances, however, where risk of collision exists, she shall comply with the Rules of this Part.
(f) (i) A WIG craft shall, when taking off, landing and in flight near the surface, keep well clear of all other vessels and avoid impeding their navigation.
(ii) A WIG craft operating on the water surface shall comply with the Rules of this Part as a power-driven vessel.

fishnfoo
07-01-2012, 04:06 PM
Maybe all you old guys in the tin boats should think of your kids instead of just yourselves and take them out playing once, they may enjoy it. It is true some children enjoy sitting on a plank on a $49.00 tin boat with a 4.5 merc puking smoke all day long, and some may enjoy tubing, skiing, kneeboarding, wake boarding, bare footing, air chairing, etc behind a nice comfortable ski boat.

Wow, where to sart. The ignorance in this post is absolutely breath taking.
You presume that anyone can afford or would want a big comfortable ski boat. I think I am safe in stating many members here either dont have or don't want to drop 20-40K on a toy. There is also an assumption here that those with these larger boats should rule the bigger bodies of water while other smaller boats should be relegated to ponds to fish stocked trout. Well............bite me. You obviously have childhood issues you are working out on this forum and probably on the lake. I'm sorry that your daddy didn't provide you with the high priced toys that were your right have, but don't take it out on well adjusted people who are out trying to enjoy themselves in their small fishing boats.

Anyone who argues that you should not be careful when going near smaller boats has issues. If neligent use of a larger boat caused damage to a smaller boat or resulted in injury to the occupants, the law is clear. :snapoutofit:

Ken07AOVette
07-01-2012, 04:20 PM
To start with, I have never owned any boat any where near 20g.

I have no issues other than morons pushing their 'rights' and wills on anyone else. I dgarff if you are in a inner tube or million dollar yacht, respect other people.

There has been a long standing argument in here about people fishing off docks, throwing hooks in people's faces, getting in each others way, and no matter what the guy is in it is always the other guys fault.

Sling shots, dick size, supposed attempted swampings, you best put it all in perspective before you start calling me arrogant.

Geezle
07-01-2012, 04:25 PM
I like fishing :)

edit: followup post coming soon...http://www.madcastgaming.com/forum/images/smilies/smilies3/weaksauce.gif

BeeGuy
07-01-2012, 04:50 PM
I like fishing :)

edit: followup post coming soon...http://www.madcastgaming.com/forum/images/smilies/smilies3/weaksauce.gif

Post pics!

Weak sauce indeed.

Cal
07-01-2012, 04:54 PM
Easy guys, instead of getting all distracted we should be pulling togeather to eliminate our common enemy... paddle boarders! Seriously, the way these guys throw around the words "dude" and "rad" I'm under the impression that they actualy think that they are surfing. Paddle boards are the Razor Scooter of the water, for people that are too chicken to take up an actual extreme sport... Now if Ken were to take his ski boat an clothesline a few of these guys I'd forgive him :sHa_shakeshout:

Ken07AOVette
07-01-2012, 05:01 PM
Easy guys, instead of getting all distracted we should be pulling togeather to eliminate our common enemy... paddle boarders! Seriously, the way these guys throw around the words "dude" and "rad" I'm under the impression that they actualy think that they are surfing. Paddle boards are the Razor Scooter of the water, for people that are too chicken to take up an actual extreme sport... Now if Ken were to take his ski boat an clothesline a few of these guys I'd forgive him :sHa_shakeshout:

That would be the day I wout be out in the $49.99 tin boat though LOL :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Bear Grylls
07-01-2012, 05:12 PM
I was out for my first time fishing ever at Wabamun last weekend, me and my friend went under the railroad bridge, and a Jet Skier kept ripping through there, didn't care one bit if I had my line in the water or not, went over it many times and laughed all the way.

Dick.

Cal
07-01-2012, 05:16 PM
That would be the day I wout be out in the $49.99 tin boat though LOL :sHa_sarcasticlol:

"SURF THIS MOFO!!!"

Actualy the other day I was trolling allong devonshire beach and some goober parked his paddleboard right in the path that I was trolling and started asking me if the fish were biting. I saw him do this to a couple other boats too, I think he just wanted someone to aknowledge the fact that he was indeed standing on a board. I dont know what I found more anoying, that he parked his boat in my way or that he thought he was doing somthing impressive.

Although it would be super ignorant how funny would it be if the AO members went on a 2 week rampage of swamping every paddleboarder we saw and posting pictures of it, to be fair they are wearing their swimming suits so they must be expecting to get wet.