PDA

View Full Version : 51 pound Chinook at Great Pacific Salmon Lodge (Now with PICS)

Jamie
06-30-2012, 03:55 PM
Guys, just got word that we have nailed a 51 pounder.Pics tonight.
I haven't got the full story yet but promise to update Tonight!

If you have time and want to come out, we have room this week.

Jamie

antlerguy
06-30-2012, 06:30 PM
Congrats and look forward to reading story and pics.

Jamie
07-01-2012, 12:20 AM
From all accounts this was a epic battle. with boats getting in the way, a broken net from earlier in the day and a salmon that tried everything under the sun to avoid being put in the net.

According to my head Guide, Shea Roth, they almost got spooled, They chased this monster, the fish tried to make more a far weed bed, the fish tried to get under the boat.. It all sounded very exciting. I wish I could have seen this battle first hand.

Then I got the call from perhaps the most experienced guide in these parts. He happened to have front row seats to this fight. he told me this was like watching a Ballet. Shea was running the show like a Pro. He had total control of a very wacky situation. The comment was made that Shea was so at ease running the boat, coaching the client and getting ready to net he made it look easy. Shea knew what this fish was going to do before the fish knew it.

I have known that Shea was perhaps the best guide I have had the chance to be with. I knew it again last night as he guided my Son to a late night 26 pounder (More on that later) But to hear it come from such a esteemed professional as who called.. Well I was just floored. He was so impressed with Shea's ability's that he has volunteered to write a small explanation as to what he witnessed.

Enjoy these pictures and we happen to have the last minute of the fight of video. I will try and get it on you tube in the next few days and of course will let all you know when it is up.
Jamie

Enjoy the pics.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v718/JamieHunt/GPSL%202012/50367.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v718/JamieHunt/GPSL%202012/50330.jpg

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
07-01-2012, 12:22 AM
Oink oink oink oink oink that things a pig . A perfect keeper .

Jamie
07-01-2012, 01:07 AM
I just found another few that I liked

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v718/JamieHunt/GPSL%202012/035.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v718/JamieHunt/GPSL%202012/032.jpg

Enjoy

BTW, we have one boat open July 9, 10 and 11 if you want to get up here and experiance some of this action.

This was one of 2 Tyeeeeees today along with a full limits on Chinook, Coho and Halibut.

Jamie

Alberta Bigbore
07-01-2012, 01:11 AM
What a beast!!!

waterninja
07-01-2012, 03:26 AM
wow! that must have been exciting. congrats to you and your staff. from your post a person can tell that your trying to give every client the best fishing experiance possible.

try to get that fellow to post his adventure. sounds like he has quite a story.

Jamie
07-01-2012, 07:59 PM
Thanks guys. It was a very cool night to see that hog come in.

There are some seriously big fish up in this part of the world. For as excited as I was about this fish, the locals dont start jumping till that scale starts touching the 70 pound mark. No BS.. Prince Rupert area gets fish that size every year. The biggest last year was over 80 pounds and the worlds record catch and release happened just up from where we were back a few years ago (10 I think) and that one came in at 99 Pounds.

If you want a shot at nailing something huge, I believe you have to be up north some place.

Come on up for a visit one day.

Jamie

bb356
07-01-2012, 09:07 PM
Wow !!!

e40water12
07-01-2012, 09:48 PM
Damn I miss BC.
nice catches.

Kingfisher
07-01-2012, 11:42 PM
An absolutely epic story to go along with an epic fish.

I have caught and landed a 40lb chinook. Reading this story brings back that memmory of the fight I had with that fish. Not quite as crazy as this one. But still a challange from the second the fish was hooked.

Thanks for the pics and the report. I can't wait to get out to the west coast this summer.

Rob

Kim473
07-02-2012, 07:56 AM
How long did it take to get that great fish in the boat?

Jamie
09-04-2012, 12:29 PM
How long did it take to get that great fish in the boat?

Sorry Kim, I missed your question.

Fight time was approx 40 Minutes.

Unfortunatly, we lost another one that might have dwarfed this one in mid August. But thats fishing for yah!!

I cant wait till next year just to see the looks on peoples faces when they see fish like this.

Story goes on the big one that was lost beside the boat was that our client just was transformed when the monster surfaced. He wants another crack next year.
Like I told him, the best fish storys come from the one you lost, not the one you caught.
He felt very bad for a few hours. Almost depresed. But he bucked up and got back at em. The way he told the story on the deck had us all in stiches.

Jamie

JohnS
09-04-2012, 12:43 PM
Now thats a Smiley!!! WOW!