PDA

View Full Version : Boat on DeWitts?

trapshooter
07-01-2012, 01:56 AM
Just a quick question, maybe a dumb one...
Would a person be allowed to use there zodiac or small
aluminum on a pond like DeWitts? I know no motors would be
allowed at all but what about man powered? What do you think?

isoseeker
07-01-2012, 02:39 AM
I once saw a guy use a Sevylor inflatable there around late May. It was a really windy morning and he ended leaving before I did. He did not have a motor and just used oars.

I would suggest an anchor.

jusfloatin
07-01-2012, 08:01 AM
It is only listed as a no motor/electrical propulsion pond/waterbody.

Iflatables are not classed as a boat unless it has a rigid hull design and a motor hanging off it.

TROLLER
07-01-2012, 10:25 AM
I am thinking a few locals may start thowing stuff at ya. I mean the pond really is not big enough for a boat don't ya think?

trapshooter
07-01-2012, 12:24 PM
I am thinking a few locals may start thowing stuff at ya. I mean the pond really is not big enough for a boat don't ya think?

That is kinda what I thought, I was not really thinking of doing it, just a thought.

bowness
07-01-2012, 11:01 PM
Locals? What are you trying to say? People who live closer have more rights to the lake? That is so old school. Wake up man. If the regulations say you can have a boat on it so be it. If you don't like it (whether you are "local" or not) e-mail SRD. Same goes for those who complain about taking 5 fish. Why not leave them all so they winterkill in November, now thats a good use of fish resources...

FishingMOM
07-01-2012, 11:04 PM
There was a gentleman out in a little boat yesterday when we were there and no one was throwing crap at him.

The guy on the other side of me was fishing with too many hooks.

Of the 2 guys the one fishing with too many hooks is the one who was in the wrong.

TROLLER
07-02-2012, 08:14 AM
Locals? What are you trying to say? People who live closer have more rights to the lake? That is so old school. Wake up man. If the regulations say you can have a boat on it so be it. If you don't like it (whether you are "local" or not) e-mail SRD. Same goes for those who complain about taking 5 fish. Why not leave them all so they winterkill in November, now thats a good use of fish resources...

Nice to see how well spoken one can be. Make sure you always get your five fish so you can throw em into the freezer where they will rot with all the other 6 inch fish you so love to kill.

Calgaryguy1977
07-02-2012, 08:36 AM
Nice to see how well spoken one can be. Make sure you always get your five fish so you can throw em into the freezer where they will rot with all the other 6 inch fish you so love to kill.

I find the 5 fish taste better when marinated in the tears of those who dont think you should keep fish. LOL
I think i should go catch and keep some just to spite you! lol
Id eat them though.....although ive never kept a fish from dewitts before I do have every right to do so.

baitfisher83
07-02-2012, 08:51 AM
I find the 5 fish taste better when marinated in the tears of those who dont think you should keep fish. LOL
I think i should go catch and keep some just to spite you! lol
Id eat them though.....although ive never kept a fish from dewitts before I do have every right to do so.

Guess I shouldn't keep my 5 today since someone might get all butthurt over it eh?

TROLLER
07-02-2012, 10:32 AM
And I guess you are the baitfisher cause you have not yet figured out how to catch and kill little 6 inchers except with a sinker, # 6 and some powerbait.

And I am thinking both you and Calgaryguy also take some kids along so you can get a real good catch. LOL

Calgaryguy1977
07-02-2012, 11:01 AM
And I guess you are the baitfisher cause you have not yet figured out how to catch and kill little 6 inchers except with a sinker, # 6 and some powerbait.

And I am thinking both you and Calgaryguy also take some kids along so you can get a real good catch. LOL

LOL, I actually use a fly rod and I have never kept anything out of dewitts in my life although ive caught quite a few there. That said, I try not to judge anyone who does keep fish.......its a lot less stressful, you should try it! :)

baitfisher83
07-02-2012, 11:03 AM
I don't keep anything that small, nor do I just use bait, but thanks for the assumption...