PDA

View Full Version : Beaver lake

kinwahkly
07-01-2012, 11:18 PM
Anybody been out Beaver Lake by Caroline lately?

fish gunner
07-01-2012, 11:43 PM
Anybody been out Beaver Lake by Caroline lately?

yep. fish have slowed down a little, may fly emerger deep 15- 17' worked for occasional good bow 20-22" . teristreal drys in the wind ward slack water drew a few smaller fish 12- 14". hope that helps. I dont have a ton of experience there, have june sort of worked out. no hogs yet tho.

tight_lines
07-02-2012, 06:45 AM
Heading out there today I'll let you kno

ericlin0122
07-02-2012, 07:14 AM
ACA was doing a survey yesterday. 30+ boats on the water, 22 fish caught. lol

Calgaryguy1977
07-02-2012, 07:34 AM
Fishing seems pretty slow there.....I was there yesterday for the first time and wasnt overly impressed. You may be better served going to dickson or one of the other fisheries in the area. That said, there's supposed to be a lot of trout in there and theyre supposed to be a good size though.

fish gunner
07-02-2012, 08:36 AM
ok, beaver is a trophy water. tons of good sized fish. They Have All been hooked at least once. they dont like it. I have been there once a weekend for the last month. the big fish are hard to catch. I know there are bows approaching ten pounds. I have watched them cruise the shallows. yet I still fish 4 lb tippet. they have refused surface flies to take a smaller natural offerings. just standing up while casting keeps fish further from the boat. if you want fish for the pan there are easier lakes to fish all over that area, if you want a challenge fish beaver.

Calgaryguy1977
07-02-2012, 08:54 AM
ok, beaver is a trophy water. tons of good sized fish. They Have All been hooked at least once. they dont like it. I have been there once a weekend for the last month. the big fish are hard to catch. I know there are bows approaching ten pounds. I have watched them cruise the shallows. yet I still fish 4 lb tippet. they have refused surface flies to take a smaller natural offerings. just standing up while casting keeps fish further from the boat. if you want fish for the pan there are easier lakes to fish all over that area, if you want a challenge fish beaver.

What did you catch em on Gunner? And if you dont mind me asking which is the best part of the lake to fish em on? Also, I fished it from shore so I was really putting myself at a disadvantage!

fish gunner
07-02-2012, 09:08 AM
flies, at the top of the dropoff 15-17' under an indicator. bead head mayfly nymph, a certain flying insect works awsome in the flat calm areas. walk as far as you can from the parking lot. deep water can be found near shore. soon it will be tougher and tougher to catch fish in water less than 15' .