PDA

View Full Version : NSR jet boat stupidity

YeeHaw
07-02-2012, 09:05 AM
While enjoying Canada day fishing at Whitemud creek, things quickly went went down hill. About 9:20pm last night a group of three jet boats decided it was in there best intrests to go up the creek at mach speed, dispite seeing that the banks were choked with anglers, and the creek full of lines.This could be wrote off as a stupid mistake, but when half the people on shore got soaked from the boat wake, then suddenly a boat named "Relic" took not only my gf's line, but my rod, reel, and set up with it. Accidents happen, but when they were on there way out, they would not stop to find out what the problem was dispite people yelling and waving, and going as far as to wade half way into the creek so they would have no choice but to see you. The only reaction on the drivers part was a smile and a wave. How effen nice is that?. I seen they came from the west, and decided to go to Deavon to try and meet them, but none of the boats came from there, at least not before 12:15am. Im not saying that all jet boat operators are arse holes, but how much brain power does it take to run up a 15 foot creek choked with people and fishing lines. I guess taking accountability for your actions is a thing of the past. :angry3:

duffy4
07-02-2012, 09:30 AM
I have been saying this on here for some time, there will have to be some changes to boating regulations soon and all boaters will be effected.

1. the abusers like you describe will be the cause of more restrictions.

2. just the fact that there are getting to be so many more boaters especially on rivers and streams will mean more restrictions.

A lot of jet boaters on the forum will not like it but it has to come.

YeeHaw
07-02-2012, 09:40 AM
After last night, I cant wait. But at the same time I feel for thoes who have common sense,and respect the water and others useing it. Only takes a couple bad apple to spoil the rest.

AppleJax
07-02-2012, 10:17 AM
While enjoying Canada day fishing at Whitemud creek, things quickly went went down hill. About 9:20pm last night a group of three jet boats decided it was in there best intrests to go up the creek at mach speed, dispite seeing that the banks were choked with anglers, and the creek full of lines.This could be wrote off as a stupid mistake, but when half the people on shore got soaked from the boat wake, then suddenly a boat named "Relic" took not only my gf's line, but my rod, reel, and set up with it. Accidents happen, but when they were on there way out, they would not stop to find out what the problem was dispite people yelling and waving, and going as far as to wade half way into the creek so they would have no choice but to see you. The only reaction on the drivers part was a smile and a wave. How effen nice is that?. I seen they came from the west, and decided to go to Deavon to try and meet them, but none of the boats came from there, at least not before 12:15am. Im not saying that all jet boat operators are arse holes, but how much brain power does it take to run up a 15 foot creek choked with people and fishing lines. I guess taking accountability for your actions is a thing of the past. :angry3:

Wow, people can be so ignorant. I dont understand where some of these people get off doing stuff like that. I am definately going to keep my eye out for this boat on the river. Im sure if enough people look out for this guy one of us will run into him one of these days, hopefully not under the same circumstances....

t3metro
07-02-2012, 10:30 AM
I would have found a nice rock to get their attention on the return trip. Or something with a big treble hook...

YeeHaw
07-02-2012, 10:34 AM
Thank you fod keeping your eye open for it, We trird to get the numbers off it last night, but could not see them, and the pic the gf took wasn't clear enough to see them. Ine thing that frosts my ***** is the fact when I tried contacting the EPS, to make a complaint about what I thought was unsafe operation of the boat, the officer tried telling me it was my own falt for having my line in the water, and having my rod in a holder, insted of hanging on to it.

Teamprotz
07-02-2012, 10:36 AM
Good to see our boaters licenses and courses are teaching people how to operate boats ! Wonder who wrote it for him or who gave him one for cash ? Anyone with money can buy a boat , no brains required. If you had of gotten registration numbers you might have better luck catching them.

Lefty-Canuck
07-02-2012, 11:11 AM
Thank you fod keeping your eye open for it, We trird to get the numbers off it last night, but could not see them, and the pic the gf took wasn't clear enough to see them. Ine thing that frosts my ***** is the fact when I tried contacting the EPS, to make a complaint about what I thought was unsafe operation of the boat, the officer tried telling me it was my own falt for having my line in the water, and having my rod in a holder, insted of hanging on to it.

Easier to blame the guy you have on the line at the time....just means less paperwork for the one who answered the phone.

LC

mooseknuckle
07-02-2012, 11:24 AM
That sucks! The ol sayin it's only cool if someone is watching.

Teamprotz
07-02-2012, 11:25 AM
If i remember correctly , boating regs state that watercraft operating within 30m of shore are required to operate at a maximum of 10km/hr. they are responsible for their wake and any damage.

Donkey Oatey
07-02-2012, 11:26 AM
If i remember correctly , boating regs state that watercraft operating within 30m of shore are required to operate at a maximum of 10km/hr. they are responsible for their wake and any damage.

Doesn't apply if the waterbody is less than 100m wide.

Province-wide shore-line speed restrictions
drawing: white sign containing instructions regarding shore-line speed restrictions

Provinces from Ontario, westward to and including British Columbia (inland waters only in British Columbia) have adopted province-wide restrictions limiting speed to 10 km/h within 30 m (98’ 5”) from shore on all waters within their boundaries, except for:

Waterskiing, where the boat follows a trajectory perpendicular to the shore
In rivers less than 100 m (328’ 1”) in width, or canals or buoyed channels
In waters where another speed is prescribed under a schedule to the regulations

http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/marinesafety/debs-obs-environment-zones-menu-358.htm

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
07-02-2012, 01:40 PM
Perhaps those fisherman should have reeled in , neither party's own the water and should be shared , stop the pouting and get along . Sounds like the guy in the boat probably did it to PEE OFF the shore fisherman . It's not surprising that place is loaded with fisherman , the weekend heros can keep walleye out of there and can keep them.

C & C
07-02-2012, 01:55 PM
Perhaps those fisherman should have reeled in , neither party's own the water and should be shared , stop the pouting and get along . Sounds like the guy in the boat probably did it to PEE OFF the shore fisherman . It's not surprising that place is loaded with fisherman , the weekend heros can keep walleye out of there and can keep them.

Some great logic!:snapoutofit:
I should apply this next time on the lake and I pass that 14ft boat on the way to my fishing spot, instead of slowing down making sure not to rock them to hard i will yell out dodge my wake......right:rolleye2:

"Weekend heros" esh, guess everyone needs to work part time shift work so that they can ignore their families or other responsiblilities to fish during the week.

Just wait theill regulation are made that stop everyone because a few feel that show boating and putting others in danger is "fun" See these hot shots being the first posting on here QQing

Pro attitude really....:snapoutofit:

Darren N
07-02-2012, 02:22 PM
A boat named "Relic" is a start. Word gets around fast and people don't have short memories - myself included. Even the real Relic on beachcombers was a bit of an arse.

Geezle
07-02-2012, 02:25 PM

I'll remember you said that next time we're fishing on the river and a boat comes cruising by the shore :lol:

I'm sure you'd be upset if a boat came by too close and hit your line and yanked your rod and reel away, just like the OP. I know I would be.

Lefty-Canuck
07-02-2012, 02:52 PM
I'll remember you said that next time we're fishing on the river and a boat comes cruising by the shore :lol:

I'm sure you'd be upset if a boat came by too close and hit your line and yanked your rod and reel away, just like the OP. I know I would be.

I agree if I was fishing from shore and someone did that I would be a bit choked....boat could idle by the fisherman and then open it up afterwards. At least give them a chance to reel in if they can/ have to/ want to....

LC

ESOXangler
07-02-2012, 03:04 PM
swap out with a 3/4 oz lil cleo and smoke it at the boaters with your baitcaster!!! Either that boat is stopping or your getting a free ear!

YeeHaw
07-02-2012, 03:16 PM

Tell me something John, how would you like to get to your fishing spot, only to have someone,say a "weekend hero", run his boat like a damn R tard, ten feet from where your standing, soaking you and your wife or gf, and half the people around you. Then watch your favorate and most expencive rod and reel go flying out of the holder and into the water, inturn plucking up your evening and costing you close to $300 in the process? Then not being able to do jack about it other than watch the driver smile and wave. Im not "pouting" as you say, more like ****ed right off. Ovesly you would do / feel differently about the situation, so please tell me how you would feel if the shoe was on the other foot???????

Cad-Tech
07-02-2012, 03:21 PM
Doesn't apply if the waterbody is less than 100m wide.

http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/marinesafety/debs-obs-environment-zones-menu-358.htm
Pretty good crappola...You need a shovel to pile it that high.:thinking-006:
Anyone who operates a motor boat in a careless manner can be charged by local law enforcement including By-Law, Strathcona Rcmp, EC Police, Devon Rcmp. Dangerous operation of a motorized boat carries huge fines and if the fine is over $1000 who will have to make an appearance in court to stand before a judge and explain why he was driving like an complete idiot.

Cad-Tech
07-02-2012, 03:24 PM

Wow....of all people:thinking-006:

ReconWilly
07-02-2012, 03:25 PM
Rocks are readily available in abundance and make great projectiles...there is no rule that states you must respect those who show no respect....maybe a length of piano wire secured to trees on both sides of the creek and suspended about 4-6 ft over the creek would do...not advising...just sayin...

YeeHaw
07-02-2012, 03:30 PM
Needless to say, I have no sinkers left in my tackle box. Probably ten bucks worth went flying at him. Will pick some up when I have enough cash to buy another quality rod and reel.

Ironhorse
07-02-2012, 03:46 PM
Hi There
It is just like anything else,weather it be quadders, hunters,snowmoblers,motorcycle riders & so on. There will always be idiots out there that just have no respect for anyone else or the country we live in, they just give everybody a bad name for the activities that you as a individual chooses to do. The problem is those people that do not respect others or the land we live in only do one thing and that is spoil it for the ones that do. I for one do enjoy some of those activities and usually walk out of the bush with someone else s garbage. I my self think that these disrespectful people should be reported to the authorities and charged. We should not have to loose a privilege or create a whole bunch more rules. Just my opinion and I do hope you find out who those individuals are and the proper steps taken.
Good Luck
Thanks

Alberta Bigbore
07-02-2012, 04:20 PM
Needless to say, I have no sinkers left in my tackle box. Probably ten bucks worth went flying at him. Will pick some up when I have enough cash to buy another quality rod and reel.

that's horrible man..... To bad they didn't just cruise up and say " pardon me, can we get through please?". Could have been a happier story.

CPT_420
07-02-2012, 04:31 PM

not a very good attitude for one who takes "clients" out on his boat?

pike_king780
07-02-2012, 04:36 PM
that's horrible man..... To bad they didn't just cruise up and say " pardon me, can we get through please?". Could have been a happier story.

x2... I agree, it could have/should have been that easy!!...total disrespect and ignorance...:mad0100:

schmedlap
07-02-2012, 06:14 PM
Hopefully, when that idiot does "crash" he will only hurt himself and not innocent bystanders.
Maybe this story will illustrate how "natural justice" might deter him sooner or later.
About 12 years ago, I was on a one day canoe expedition, with 10 canoes of clients of a friend, from Devon to Whitemud Creek. Saturday afternoon, paddling along the stretch where the high mud cliffs of Riverbend are on the South side. Cletus (with apologies to anyone who actually is Cletus) in a large inboard jet boat, by himself, and looking like he is on a test drive or similar, comes roaring up from the East, cruising all over the river with no regard to possibly swamping or tipping the canoe flotilla, doing big high speed arcs, etc. No regard for the people waving and yelling to slow down. I have 2 young sons (under 10) in my canoe, so I'm a little ****ed. While we are all making for shore to avoid going in the water, Cletus hits a shallow sandbar at good speed, flips on his side and almost over, and becomes detached from the helm of the boat (it turns out he was thrown forward, under the bow, cracking his head on something along the way).
The boat continues, under its own direction, straight into the mud cliiffs, and starts trying to exit the river. Unbelievably, it succeeds, upright, and lodges itself on a mud shelf at the bottom of a cliff, still going full throttle, smokes like hell for a while, and then dies. So, what do we do?
Well, being slightly more responsible than Cletus(?), 2 canoe-loads of men paddle over and crawl up the bank, while I phone 911 on someone's cell phone and proceed to explain the event. Cletus emerges, bleeding from the head, puts a towel on his head to stem the blood, and belligerently declines offers of assistance. He somehow pushes the boat (now sporting a large indentation to one side of the front end) back down the bank and into the flow, gets aboard, somehow gets it restarted after several attempts, and proceeds to cruise around getting it back up to full throttle (considerable smoke involved), and then disappears Eastward.
Meanwhile the EPS or EFD person I am connected to informs me they "have no resources" on the NSR right now and can't really deal with it at all. Please go to a local staion later and report it. I did, but having heard nothing further, am confident there were no regulatory consequences to Cletus.
Only there were some natural ones, in terms of damage to his head (probably not of much significance in context of low value brain?) and the boat (I sure hope it was expensive and Cletus was the one who had to pay?).
Enforcement of these kinds of things is just not something that a lot of resources are devoted to. Until and unless such reources are reallocated from other incredibly important government priorities (read this as very sarcastic please!), the only form of punishment we can expect will be dealt out by natural selection - we won't miss Cletus' genes from the pool.

Cal
07-02-2012, 06:33 PM

WTF man? You are on a fricking role these days with the ignorant remarks! What happened, you bought a decent boat and all the sudden the rest of us are "weekend heros" now? Well whatever kind of "hero" that you obviously concider yourself I would like to take this opportunity to assure you that you are dillusional, GFYS man.

Geezle
07-02-2012, 07:00 PM
WTF man? You are on a fricking role these days with the ignorant remarks! What happened, you bought a decent boat and all the sudden the rest of us are "weekend heros" now? Well whatever kind of "hero" that you obviously concider yourself I would like to take this opportunity to assure you that you are dillusional, GFYS man.
Whoa
:party0051:

steve
07-02-2012, 07:04 PM
Evidence of jet boat stupidity

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu191/sherrittmetals/IMG_2823.jpg

BeeGuy
07-02-2012, 07:07 PM
Stupid is as stupid does.

07-02-2012, 07:10 PM

I've had it happen what can you do , can't stop ignorant people . It's a little different when there's a 100 yard river and a 20 foot wide creek . It's his right to up there just as its our right to go on the river or any lake . Being a deliberate jerk off is a bit different than what your limited to doing .

Tell me something John, how would you like to get to your fishing spot, only to have someone,say a "weekend hero", run his boat like a damn R tard, ten feet from where your standing, soaking you and your wife or gf, and half the people around you. Then watch your favorate and most expencive rod and reel go flying out of the holder and into the water, inturn plucking up your evening and costing you close to $300 in the process? Then not being able to do jack about it other than watch the driver smile and wave. Im not "pouting" as you say, more like ****ed right off. Ovesly you would do / feel differently about the situation, so please tell me how you would feel if the shoe was on the other foot???????

It's happened has happened many times and yes I've been mad . But a little respect goes both ways . Like I said to geezle a 100 yard wide river and a 20 foot wide creek are two different things .

not a very good attitude for one who takes "clients" out on his boat?
Not sure how my attitude has anything to do with me guiding clients . And I'm not sure how it's ran additude it's a very valid points .

I thought it was the thing to do here . Seems like you post valid story and pictures yet a guys still full of crap .

I'm far from a hero , and don't need to be I get out more than once every long weekend , I don't o wn a 30,000 boat that sits in my driveway just to look good .

And to clear the air for you fine outstanding people I was referring to the guy in the boat as the weekend warrior but I guess I'm the bad guy .

I don't even know why I'm answering myself here .

Cal
07-02-2012, 07:22 PM
I've had it happen what can you do , can't stop ignorant people . It's a little different when there's a 100 yard river and a 20 foot wide creek . It's his right to up there just as its our right to go on the river or any lake . Being a deliberate jerk off is a bit different than what your limited to doing .

It's happened has happened many times and yes I've been mad . But a little respect goes both ways . Like I said to geezle a 100 yard wide river and a 20 foot wide creek are two different things .

Not sure how my attitude has anything to do with me guiding clients . And I'm not sure how it's ran additude it's a very valid points .

I thought it was the thing to do here . Seems like you post valid story and pictures yet a guys still full of crap .

I'm far from a hero , and don't need to be I get out more than once every long weekend , I don't o wn a 30,000 boat that sits in my driveway just to look good .

And to clear the air for you fine outstanding people I was referring to the guy in the boat as the weekend warrior but I guess I'm the bad guy .

I don't even know why I'm answering myself here .

I like how you slipped the worth of your boat in there, nice! Now that I know your boat is worth $30,000 dollars I take that back, you are more than a hero John... your my hero :love0025:

07-02-2012, 07:30 PM
I like how you slipped the worth of your boat in there, nice! Now that I know your boat is worth $30,000 dollars I take that back, you are more than a hero John... your my hero :love0025:

Actually I paid more than that but the value doesn't matter I'm pointing out the people who get out on the long weekends who have these huge boats but yet they never leave thre driveways .

Cal the oh mighty , that's why I'm pointing out my friend nothing less nothing more .

canoes
07-02-2012, 07:39 PM
Can I ask a dumb question?? What is a weekend hero??

Thanks Larry

07-02-2012, 07:43 PM
Can I ask a dumb question?? What is a weekend hero??

Thanks Larry

I think I explained it pretty good in the post above , at least my thoughts on the definition .

canoes
07-02-2012, 07:47 PM
If he went out on wednesday? would he be a mid week hero??

Lefty-Canuck
07-02-2012, 07:50 PM
If he went out on wednesday? would he be a mid week hero??

Hump day hero :)

LC

Alberta Bigbore
07-02-2012, 08:07 PM
http://i895.photobucket.com/albums/ac153/mojobass/threadclosed.jpg

Carry on