PDA

View Full Version : Pigeon Lake

muskie032
07-02-2012, 02:50 PM
How was your weekend at Pigeon lake. Is it still slow? The good old days of landing 100 in a day over.

GrandviewRocks!
07-02-2012, 03:00 PM
My experience this weekend has been great every night around nine i run to my dock with a few jigheads and a bucket of minnows. every few casts, fish on around 9:30 it picks up to evry 1,2,3 cast fish on f th10:00 till dark every cast fish on i caught ten fish at about 10:20 just fooling around trying to vertical jig off my dock it would drop to the bottom and youd see a massive dark shape throw self straight at it FISH ON. my neighbours went fishing in their boat for about 2-3 hours caught only 3 all the little kids were watching me from the other dock and when my neighbours came fishing and announced only 3 fish of the little kids just laughed and laughed saying i had gotten em every cast even from a foot away from the dock. AWSOME!:sHa_shakeshout:

dragon
07-03-2012, 09:11 AM
How was your weekend at Pigeon lake. Is it still slow? The good old days of landing 100 in a day over.

not at all. fishing was good all weekend

seahawkfisher
07-03-2012, 11:26 AM
last time out to pigeon was a ton of fun for us too; kinda funny tho - actually cought more pike than walleye. lost track of numbers in 3 hours of fishing; the fish are in the lake- just not the one and only place that most people tend to fish...
cheers

Jayball
07-16-2012, 03:34 PM
Odd. You know, I fish there every weekend in the summer (we have a tiny cabin in mulhurst) and over the past five years... I have only caught about 6 pike. This burns me as they are my favorite fish to target and i havbe to go to other lakes top get them. Would you mind sharing a couple areas in pigeon where you have had success with pike?

I have tried the Prov Park, the point off silver beach (and that whole stretch)... the area around and behind the big rock island. Nothing.

thx in advance.

last time out to pigeon was a ton of fun for us too; kinda funny tho - actually cought more pike than walleye. lost track of numbers in 3 hours of fishing; the fish are in the lake- just not the one and only place that most people tend to fish...
cheers

Wheelfisher
07-16-2012, 07:27 PM
When I use to icefish this lake, the best way to find pike was to tie on a brand new lure (that you only have one of), usually the lure being for perch or whitefish - never fails to attract a pike! Oh yeah, and pouring yourself a cup of hot coffee while holding the rod in your teeth also helps - lol!

NSRfishing
07-16-2012, 08:15 PM
walleye are are getting bigger and chunky

dragon
07-17-2012, 09:43 AM
Odd. You know, I fish there every weekend in the summer (we have a tiny cabin in mulhurst) and over the past five years... I have only caught about 6 pike. This burns me as they are my favorite fish to target and i havbe to go to other lakes top get them. Would you mind sharing a couple areas in pigeon where you have had success with pike?

I have tried the Prov Park, the point off silver beach (and that whole stretch)... the area around and behind the big rock island. Nothing.

thx in advance.

You could try infront of Johnsonia around the west point of mulhurst bay. Be careful travelling that way as the point their is quite shallow a long ways out.

if you continue past johnsonia into itasca it is pretty good pike fishing too but you will catch some eyes as well.