PDA

View Full Version : Spin Wing vanes

7 REM MAG
04-09-2008, 12:00 AM
just wondering who has experience with these and how they work, thanks in advance

Snap Shot
04-09-2008, 03:13 AM
Hey 7 mag..I hope your meaning the quick spin fletching.. It adds more spin to the arrow and adds more of a tighter grouping i have found.. alot tighter grouping at diffrent ranges imo....

Morbius131
04-09-2008, 09:35 AM
With these vanes it really depends who you ask. I have heard everything from I wouldn't shoot without them to I wouldn't ever put them on my arrows again. I have only shot a couple arrows with them and I haven't noticed a significant difference. Of course all the shots were at 20 yards but if they tighten up the group at further distances I think they would be worth the investment.

Morb

CNP
04-09-2008, 10:03 AM
$20 (Quick Spin) vs $8 (Blazers) for 36 vanes.....prices will vary. Thats the only experience I have....

nekred
04-09-2008, 10:17 AM
I am assuming you are not talking about quick spins... but the real spin wings.

Many people use these spin wings on narrow diameter shafts when shooting FITA. Especially recurve archers. the idea is that they are very thin and the curve gives the some rigidity so that they hold arrow in stable flight pattern but do not cause much drag. They are taped onto shaft instead of glued.

The Quickspins in my opinion are a gimmick. the do create more drag and help stabilise arrow quicker but are only good for short range. Quite a few indoor shooters use them but for long range outdoor shooting the extra drag slows arrow down and also brings the wind more into play.

Drag creates stability.... but if arrow is stable coming out of bow then stability only has to be maintained!...