PDA

View Full Version : Chester Lake in the Kananaskis report

jacenbeers
07-02-2012, 10:26 PM
I hiked up to Chester to try and hook into some Dolly Vardens and Cutties today. The hike up took 50 minutes and the hike back down took about an hour. There was snow on the path past the bike racks. Not so much that it was dangerous but it was slick on the way down.

The lake is still mostly frozen. The whole bank along the scree slope and by the waterfall is frozen. The other side of the lake by the two creeks is wide open though. I was only able to hook into one cuttie in the lake so I walked a short ways down Chester Creek and caught a bunch of them. Over 10. It was a lot of fun and a beautiful day. The Cutties are really stacking up in the creek through the meadow just before the lake.

McLeod
07-03-2012, 08:24 AM
I hiked up to Chester to try and hook into some Dolly Vardens and Cutties today. The hike up took 50 minutes and the hike back down took about an hour. There was snow on the path past the bike racks. Not so much that it was dangerous but it was slick on the way down.

The lake is still mostly frozen. The whole bank along the scree slope and by the waterfall is frozen. The other side of the lake by the two creeks is wide open though. I was only able to hook into one cuttie in the lake so I walked a short ways down Chester Creek and caught a bunch of them. Over 10. It was a lot of fun and a beautiful day. The Cutties are really stacking up in the creek through the meadow just before the lake.

Yes they are stacked up in there as they are spawning !