PDA

View Full Version : Where To Go Fishing Today?

Crusty
07-04-2012, 08:13 AM
I would like to take 2 of my little neighbours (kids) fishing today. Has the water cleared up at Chain, Pine Coulee, Maclean, Severn,:) somewhere within an hour of Calgary? Thanks in advance.

cougarcreek
07-04-2012, 08:21 AM
Pine Coulee is good right now and a great placce for kids.

Crusty
07-04-2012, 08:28 AM
What would I rig up for bait.

Guitarplayingfish
07-04-2012, 08:32 AM
What would I rig up for bait.

I have never been personally.. but from what I understand minnows are your best bet..

Crusty
07-04-2012, 08:42 AM
Thanks for the info.

bugslinger22
07-04-2012, 08:43 AM
sibbald meadows pond is stocked with dumb trout, and kananaskis is awesome either way.

nevercatchmuch
07-04-2012, 08:45 AM
if it is their first time out, I'd stay close to home. Dewitt's pond by airdrie

Calgaryguy1977
07-04-2012, 10:45 AM
Pine coulee...1-1.5 hours from calgary
Guaranteed action for everyone at the bridge or off the dock....not sure how old the kids are so maybe its not safe to fish off the dock?
Get a bag of small smelts at superstore and let them thaw a little on the way down, theyre only about 9 bucks
Fish em about 1-6 inches off the bottom and I can pretty much guarantee you will catch a ton of walleye...it is catch and release on the walleye there but you will keep your kids attention and they will likely be excited hauling in fish every few mins!

jts1
07-04-2012, 11:01 AM
if it is their first time out, I'd stay close to home. Dewitt's pond by airdrie

I would stay away from there if you want to keep the kids happy.

Pine coulee...1-1.5 hours from calgary
Guaranteed action for everyone at the bridge or off the dock....not sure how old the kids are so maybe its not safe to fish off the dock?
Get a bag of small smelts at superstore and let them thaw a little on the way down, theyre only about 9 bucks
Fish em about 1-6 inches off the bottom and I can pretty much guarantee you will catch a ton of walleye...it is catch and release on the walleye there but you will keep your kids attention and they will likely be excited hauling in fish every few mins!

X2 But it dont really matter where you hang your bait 6" or right on the bottom. You will spend more time pulling off fish and rebaiting then anything els.

Crusty
07-04-2012, 07:28 PM
Change of plan. Going thursday. Taking one more neighbour kid for a total of three.............

Pine Coulee..... 1/4 oz. jig with minnow (whole or what?) Slip Float?

Thanks again for the info.

U. Crusty:)

ReconWilly
07-04-2012, 11:33 PM
Change of plan. Going thursday. Taking one more neighbour kid for a total of three.............

Either or, both will do, including but not limited to,,,,It all works there, Have fun.

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
07-04-2012, 11:54 PM

Here Ill post a picture for you , I made a little Diagram awhile back .
A couple diffrent ways . I prefer a slip bobber compared to one that attaches to your line but thats me . And I prefer to use a small Jig compared to a 3/4 or whatever jighead .

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii122/JOHN_CONROY/fea3cb44.png

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii122/JOHN_CONROY/86aeeda8.jpg

wildcat111
07-05-2012, 12:05 AM
chain lakes is dirty, but the fishing was hot last weekend, used cheese on the bottom. pine coulee is always safe bet, i use a pickoral rig and small smelts or minnows{smelts work better}i just use half a smelt, better hook set. i also change the hooks on the pickoral rigs, they come with cheap hooks. everytime i go to dewitts with my kids it a 50 plus fish day and were usually only there for a couple of hours, use cheese off the bottom, 10 feet out from the weeds.east side of pond.if there real small kids theres a real small pond in airdrie, easy fishing

Crusty
07-05-2012, 06:53 AM
Thanks everyone. We are off in 2 hours. If you ever need anything in terms of tackle and accessories let me know. I have contacts with real wholesale pricing plus shipping costs.

Brian

climid
07-05-2012, 12:57 PM
i went to pine coulee a few days ago and was having good luck with gulp alive minows in the black and gray pattern.

this one guy was realling them in every cast with a silver suspending rapala.